Bioshock movie

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Bioshock movie

Post by spokomptonjdub »

Hmm, Verbinski says he wants it rated R and along the lines of "Blade Runner."

Maybe it won't suck, but it probably still will.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190664.ht ... ws;title;0
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Fallout movie :omfg:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The game was completely linear so fans can't complain about there being no deep characters in it.

It'll end up like the Doom movie.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

So first they rip off system shock, then they plonk drm all over it and now they are making a movie about a game that is essentially a huge failure in being original, yay. No doubt it will be scorned by all, esp parents and religious types due to its nihilism. also it will likely suck. Just like the game did, i have never been so bored with picking up random useless junk to make ammunition. And then the cunts cut my voice box to shit too. Crap waste of time. I love how all the little trolls and warts have noticed that games are big business, if i could remove one part of our education system it would be the commerce.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Stop wining about ripping off. Jesus christ, I like system shock as much as the next guy, but Bioshock was a game standing on its own two feet so to speak. It did not suck, had a pretty nice back-story, a fucking slick theme/art deco style, and awesome little girls. What the fuck did you expect the game to be?
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

When will they learn that movies based on games are ALWAYS made of fail?
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

Superhaze wrote:awesome little girls
:yikes:

B)
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Ultrafog wrote:feet
Ha ha ha. Ahahahahaha. Ha. :drunk:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Verbinski or whatever that guy's name was who produced the Pirates of the Carribean movies is doing the movie. I really really really hated the 3rd one - you're telling me a group of bloodthirsty pirates wouldn't just rape Keira Knightly to death? Um...no! of course not! We'll make her the Captain of da Ship!

.... :?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Nooke wrote:When will they learn that movies based on games are ALWAYS made of fail?
Except Mortal Kombat B)

spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

rabidpeanut wrote:So first they rip off system shock, then they plonk drm all over it and now they are making a movie about a game that is essentially a huge failure in being original, yay. No doubt it will be scorned by all, esp parents and religious types due to its nihilism. also it will likely suck. Just like the game did, i have never been so bored with picking up random useless junk to make ammunition. And then the cunts cut my voice box to shit too. Crap waste of time. I love how all the little trolls and warts have noticed that games are big business, if i could remove one part of our education system it would be the commerce.
Bioshock was a pretty good game, great compared to most drivel these days.

And there's a reason they "ripped off" SS2; the Bioshock team is comprised of key members of the SS2 team, and they wanted to do a true sequel to SS2, but could not secure the rights, which still belong to EA.

So they decided to make a spiritual successor, and in fact they are very upfront about the similarities between the games.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Nooke wrote:When will they learn that movies based on games are ALWAYS made of fail?
Except Mortal Kombat B)

:no:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

spokomptonjdub wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:So first they rip off system shock, then they plonk drm all over it and now they are making a movie about a game that is essentially a huge failure in being original, yay. No doubt it will be scorned by all, esp parents and religious types due to its nihilism. also it will likely suck. Just like the game did, i have never been so bored with picking up random useless junk to make ammunition. And then the cunts cut my voice box to shit too. Crap waste of time. I love how all the little trolls and warts have noticed that games are big business, if i could remove one part of our education system it would be the commerce.
Bioshock was a pretty good game, great compared to most drivel these days.

And there's a reason they "ripped off" SS2; the Bioshock team is comprised of key members of the SS2 team, and they wanted to do a true sequel to SS2, but could not secure the rights, which still belong to EA.

So they decided to make a spiritual successor, and in fact they are very upfront about the similarities between the games.
Yes, i know, but i still thought it was a bit of a fail, i hate the steampunk look, the same reason i did not play arcanum. I know that the guys from system shock 2 made it (ss1 was by origin the single best games company in the whole world) I dont understand why they did not just make ss2 again that would have been a lot cooler imo instead of dressing it up in a bowler hat and tails. After i had saved the 7 milionth little sister i started to get very very bored. And now these fuckers are making a movie.
fuck
only hitman was good. The rest will suck, just like all the others, as will this.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

The hitman movie was the gayest shit I have seen in twenty-something years. A fucking travesty.

And if you dont like the steampunk, dont whine about the weed.
REVERANDPIP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by REVERANDPIP »

oh yes the best movie ever

and princess daisy would have taken it the little tramp.
Our Host!