Restoration mod for FO2 released

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

The problem was finding it in the first place.. Thought it was an addon to the city itself.

Anyway.. once I did the quest I skipped to go to NCR for, it was easy.

Havent been to EPA yet, just the Abbey.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

Why? That's all he knows how to fucking do.
killap
SDF!
SDF!

Post by killap »

Hey everyone,

New version (1.2) of my Restoration Project is up.

Links below:

Windows installer (recommended): download
Manual install (advanced users): download

See this thread over at NMA if you have questions.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

apparently Aonoran hasn't been checking email - I asked if he would mind posting this as a mod news update in the News Section - the tech finally came out and got my home internet hooked up again so I'll post this no later than tomorrow, killap - thanks.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Dear lord! We cought ourselves a killap!
���������
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

cazsim83 wrote:apparently Aonoran hasn't been checking email - I asked if he would mind posting this as a mod news update in the News Section - the tech finally came out and got my home internet hooked up again so I'll post this no later than tomorrow, killap - thanks.
Stop the drama.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

entertainer wrote:
cazsim83 wrote:apparently Aonoran hasn't been checking email - I asked if he would mind posting this as a mod news update in the News Section - the tech finally came out and got my home internet hooked up again so I'll post this no later than tomorrow, killap - thanks.
Stop the drama.
:?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

killap wrote:Hey everyone,

Links below:

Thanks for the update.

I screwed up the install last time and ended up just playing normally.

I had a character who used spear until like level 12 or so.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Redeye wrote:
killap wrote:Hey everyone,

Links below:

Thanks for the update.

I screwed up the install last time and ended up just playing normally.

I had a character who used spear until like level 12 or so.
Yeah, same thing here. I thought that I had installed it (1.2) but forgot to check for the rock in the beginning. Anyway, I was half way through the Den and I was looking for the new city area with the children until I realized that the mod was obviously not working. And I'm not playing through early game again. Fuck that. I hate it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Has anyone tried and have a good review of it? I'm not usually very fond of user made mods cause I don't like wasting my time with unprofessional stuff but I'm tempted to try it.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It kicks ass, try it. I must admit I kind of stopped playing about a month ago, but still, it's a must for people who've went throught the Fallout games too many times already; it adds nice refreshing bits, and you're just happy when you stumble on a new character or a new location.

I've caught sight of a few of the new goodies, including the Abbey, which looks like it would have been awesome if it had actually been finished.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

I'm actually playing it right now.
Finished one game, made another one which I stopped playing quite early on (New Reno-ish) and now just made a new character.

I have to admit that not all of it isn't as well made as I'd like to see it, i.e. the orphanage quest in Den is an extremely unsophisticated no-brainer experience-well, however one of the biggest pleasures is just playing the game bug-free. I had a read through the patchnotes and finally realized why some things had been the way that I had been used to them (read: extremely bugged). 99.999999% of the buggy shit has been fixed, however I have actually found a few minor bugs of my own in the Restoration Project (nothing game-breaking thus far).

However, to be perfectly honest, it's a must play for every Fallout fan, I mean you could almost pretend that it's an expansion to Fallout 2. This is by far the best thing released in the Fallout niche since Fallout 2.
killap
SDF!
SDF!

Post by killap »

I'm glad people are enjoying it. This was a one man project that took a ton of my free time. I'm more of a coder than a quest writer, so I did what I could in that area. Some quests are better than others. I've kept things as close to the original game as possible and I feel that the new locations, npcs, etc fit smoothly into the original FO2 experience. Many have told me this, so I'm not just saying this because I made the mod. Playing with the RP is like playing an expanded/more fleshed out version of FO2.

Oh and just a heads up for everyone. Version 1.3 of the RP is due out at the end of the month. More bug fixes and a bit of new content is what is to be expected.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'll take this guy over Harris for modding any day of the week.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I'll take this guy over Harris for modding any day of the week.
goes without saying.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

killap wrote:Oh and just a heads up for everyone. Version 1.3 of the RP is due out at the end of the month. More bug fixes and a bit of new content is what is to be expected.
Compatible with savegames from 1.2, yesh?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

PiP wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:I'll take this guy over Harris for modding any day of the week.
goes without saying.
But this mod does not include vital survival skills like cooking and mining. That really kills the realistic wasteland feel to it, at least for me. I'm just saying.
PiP

Post by PiP »

VasikkA wrote:
PiP wrote:
goes without saying.
But this mod does not include vital survival skills like cooking and mining. That really kills the realistic wasteland feel to it, at least for me. I'm just saying.
and the chest muscles. don't forget that.
killap
SDF!
SDF!

Post by killap »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
killap wrote:Oh and just a heads up for everyone. Version 1.3 of the RP is due out at the end of the month. More bug fixes and a bit of new content is what is to be expected.
Compatible with savegames from 1.2, yesh?
Actually, sadly not. So, the original devs had 3 recruitable NPCs to be found at the EPA. You can only get one depending on your character's skill though. At the moment, 1.2 has just place holder NPCs and they do nothing but say some stuff and run away. To make them fully fledged NPCs, I had to edit some core game files that sadly invalidate save games. Nothing I can do about this. I could perhaps hold off on this new content and release a 1.25 for bug fixes and release 1.3 at a later date. The only new content I have left after these NPCs is to implement the Shi sub the original devs had planned. After that no new content is left.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Naw, go for the 1.3 D:
Our Host!