Two Worlds

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Two Worlds

Post by TNP »

Bought the game and I am playing it, obviously. So far, I am pretty upset. Imagine Gothic 3 mixed with World of Warcraft. It has a decent variety of skill upgrades and a huge world, but it lacks any real immersion or interest in the plot and it just feels, same old same old. It is a fairly difficult game on medium difficulty, you die allot but you always revive to the nearest shrine without any apparent penalty. Fairly buggy but nothing game breaking so far. You fight the usual boars, wolves, and gromm (adult-sized goblins) and do the usual Fed-Ex quests for random people at camps or towns.

Hopefully it will get better but I'm not holding my breath. I'll try to finish it.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I heard it was terrible and my manager made a note to try and talk people out of buying it. From what I heard, it's like a shitty version of Oblivion, but I'll wait for you to finish it before I start telling my customers that its complete unplayable shit.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

I actually like it better than Oblivion because skills are more useful and no level scaling. You can actually shoot arrows from your horse. The graphics are like Gothic 3's, maybe a tad better.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

My friend said he played for about fifteen minutes before he took it back to Blockbuster, claiming that the disc wouldn't read because he said it was shit. Sluggish, horrible, like Oblivion but worse.

Never played it myself.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

My friend bought it. Now he's sorry. That about sums it up.
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

I don't understand this. I played the demo and I'm getting this game - in a while (when I got the money ;) to buy it... ).

The demo was the 1.5 version of the game for pc, which I think is much better than the xbox game (if any of you played this...)

And yes, skills do matter in this game, you can't swim or ride a horse if you haven't got the appropriate skills...

The story seemed to touch me, too. I actually cared about the main storyline. I entered the big city of Tharbarkin and much to my surprise, people (npcs) had something different to say (nearly) each time, I talked to them. Much different from a certain -cough- game, that I know -cough - .

The game thankfully :) didn't have lot of bloom, the trees looked realistically, and the game's environment looked real as well. The slopes were slopes, the grass looked like grass.

Only complaint is the combat, so far...
please support http://www.gamerdad.com - the
voice of reason when it comes to gaming and children

support democracry - please visit
http://www.whydemocracy.net/home
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Everybody knows that fighting is for sissies anyway, right?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

:bloom:

:graphix:

:THARBARKIN:
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

If you bought this then you deserve every minute of it. Play it some more, you stupid masochist, maybe a scintilla of understanding will eventually penetrate that thick FPS shell that's formed around your brain.

/jk
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Our Host!