Moments in Fallout that you think is unique

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Moments in Fallout that you think is unique

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I think one of the first times I played Fallout I convinced the gang leader in the beginning that I was his father. I looked around and I saw nothing about it in any of the guides and I thought it was pretty awesome. Also in many of the guides they said age didn't affect gaming but I think age was a factor in finding that option and charisma/leather jacket and all that. Many people didn't believe me when I said that it happened. I think now, most of the guides have it included and stuff but it was much later and most of the times guides do pretty thorough walk throughs, so it must of been a bit surprising to have to go back.

Name some unique moments you had in fallout, it doesn't have to be some super secret quest or location in the game, just something that you did or saw that your pretty sure most people haven't experienced.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

When I first realized that FO wasnt like any other game I played.

I forget were ingame I was when I realized that, but for me it was one of the defining moments of the game.

Ive yet to find another so called RPG that is as next gen as this 10 year old game.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Not sure how many other people did this, but in fallout 2, when you open the V13 door to see the DC, I freaked out, instantly hit the hotkey for combat to get first shot and blew the fucker away with my chaingun. Only found out they were talking deathclaws on the 2nd game through. Who was evil. So killed the things anyway.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I had this bug where when I dropped an item it would show up as the large inventory icon, and take up half the screen. If you go do a search, you'll find pics
does this work
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

"Dogmeat you dumb-" :booom:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

If you kill the Master before Necropolis is destroyed, you can report the news to Set and he smiles and talks about having warm vibes or warm entrails or something like that.

I didn't find that little tidbit until 2 weeks ago!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The first child you kill. That's pretty unique. I can't really think of any games that let you do that.
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

I think I realize it when I first saw the game. ( It was the first & last original game that I`ve buy from a gameshop )
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

I loved Set, actually.

Anyways, I also really enjoyed "You're a sick puppy. I think I'll put you to sleep now" from 2

~

Oh, and the Hubologists were a hoot :joy:
box
Rustbelt Princess
Rustbelt Princess

Post by box »

Yeah, on one of the first dozen or so trips I took through 2, before reading Per Jorner's super-walkthrough, my nerdy character discovered the whole Gecko Power Plant conversation with the Enclave soldier for the first time. It scared the shit out of me, because I figured the programmers would be just evil enough to *reward* my persistent hacking skills with life-changing Verti-Assault Team. Actually I was kinda disappointed when it *didn't* show up...

Also, and this may be a terribly common practice, but in 2 I do everything there is to do in Vault city, and then I return. Escape and come back. Escape, come back, wipe that place off the face of the earth and that bitch Lynette with it. Oh yeah. Just too bad there wasn't any lil' vaultling children. And usually the slaves were so annoying, with their constantly invoking the combat mode, that I'd just kill everybody indiscriminately. Also I liked how killing junkies (everyone?) in New Reno actually *increased* your standing in the city.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

When I first saw the character creation screen I thought 'Wow, Ultima didn't allow me to do this'.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

box wrote:...discovered the whole Gecko Power Plant conversation with the Enclave soldier for the first time... kinda disappointed when it *didn't* show up...
... Vault city...wipe that place off the face of the earth...
I was ready for that Verti-Assault team.
Wait wait wait aw damn.

It's fun to sneak Marcus past the gate into the Inner Vault City.
Just kick him out of your party, then have him rejoin when the gate opens.

He seemed to really enjoy it.

"Head, hands, feet... all up your ass!"

Such glee in his floating text.

Has anybody had Lenny the Ghoul run out on him for having too many kills, even non-evil ones?

Nice little speech he gives.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

it's not unique in the sense that few people saw it, but I just love the way children are implemented in the game. The floaters, how they run around, how they pickpocket, etc. Also, supersledge to the lil batsard's groin :evilsmileofsatisfaction:
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

:unique:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'm here in town to kick ass and chew bubblegum - and I'm all out of asses to kick. :chew:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

How many people got the Modoc guy to cut his thumb off?
PiP

Post by PiP »

can't remember that :?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Wasn't it crazy when you get sodomized with a lead pipe behind a dumpster in a filthy New Reno alley? I remember that like it was yesterday.

So unique... so painful?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Redeye wrote:How many people got the Modoc guy to cut his thumb off?
What??

Is there anyway to actually not have 6 toes and become a normal vault city citizen? I never bothered.

The whole game was unique for me, it was totally a mind blowing experience, especially at 13.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

[color=red]I[/color] wrote:pinky
Nonetheless, I recall that he took to it not at all well. Though that may have been the additional stress represented by a culinary suggestion. So unwell, in fact, that I was compelled to choreograph the entire settlement by way of combat shotgun. Except for that most unusual and unfortunate hen.
GERMAN PAINT wrote:6
Sensible footwear or needless amputation. The latter could do with being more popular after the flesh. :drunk:
Our Host!