New poll

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Phallout III: A POS Nucular gameâ„¢
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Killzig wrote:they're not stupid, Cliffy B designed them, they're totally awesome!
Wait, I heard John Romero was doing this!
maglalosus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by maglalosus »

IMO if its not 'iso style' turn based.. its NOT Fallout!

they could have saved themselves milions and just made a futuristic FPS (which this is) and called it Vault 101
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Gears of Fallout
Serious Business.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

of fallout gears
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Fallout: Source
���������
talesfromthecrypt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by talesfromthecrypt »

Todd Howard presents: TES V: Oblivian 2: Fallout Tictacs: Gears of Resident Evil: Piece of Shit: Attack of the Horror Mutants

:giggle: D;
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Enough with the subtitles already!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Fallout 3: The Search for Todd's Nuts
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

macksting wrote:Even Interplay themselves had every intention of making the next in the franchise a first-person 3D game with an option for realtime; why should Bethesda do any different?
Please post screenshots and/or design sketches of said first-person-perspective game that Interplay was working on as the sequel to Fallout 2.

Yeah, we all played the Van Buren demo, you dimwit.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
macksting
SDF!
SDF!

Post by macksting »

A Van Buren alpha.

Ah well. This was from an old interview, so odds are Interplay was going to fuck it up with the previously mentioned features, and changed their minds either one way or another. I saw it on one of the major Fallout sites, but this was years ago, when the idea of Interplay actually releasing a Fallout 3 was still a remote possibility; that should say something in itself, and might go a ways to explain why I'm not going to bother siting sources at this stage. (Who knows? It's possible the site's sources had been hoaxed.)

By the way, is it remotely appropriate to use the term "jew" in a derogatory manner? I think not.
"Thank you girl, thank you girl, I'll love you 'til the end of the world, with your eyes black as coal and your long dark curls."
Ex-Megatokyo Member #3885
Defunct Winter Forums Administrator
Myers-Briggs ENFP, "Threadkiller"
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Quiet, jew.

Also, before you silence yourself, what Fallout site are you speaking of? I've NEVER heard of any intention to make Van Buren FP so I'm calling you out to verify your claim abit or else it's just bullshit. Proof or it never happened.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Van Buren used the Jefferson engine. It was fully 3d, rotatable and J.E. Sawyer often compared it to a 2d engine. Also, if the combat emphasis was on turn-based combat, the game was hardly meant to be viewed from 1st person perspective.

“Jefferson uses an isometric viewing angle. "
–J.E. Sawyer

“Though you can still tell the Jefferson engine (which is, even as I type this, going through the process of name selection) is a 3D engine, I've had many people walk into the office and sincerely ask me, "Oh, hey, is this [2D game name]?" It really is very nice.�
–J.E. Sawyer

Check your facts before claiming such jewry.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

macksting wrote: By the way, is it remotely appropriate to use the term "jew" in a derogatory manner? I think not.
Appropriate?! This is Sparta, nigga! You either ride with us or you die with us. This ain't no tea party!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

macksting
SDF!
SDF!

Post by macksting »

You want me to dig for a years-old article in ancient archives? There were many news sites covering Fallout 3's development, and all I can recall is that it was large and well-maintained. Possibly No Mutants Allowed, possibly one of several others. You're better off calling it bullshit, because frankly, I haven't the energy to spare to verify something which was irrelevant even when it was published.
"Thank you girl, thank you girl, I'll love you 'til the end of the world, with your eyes black as coal and your long dark curls."
Ex-Megatokyo Member #3885
Defunct Winter Forums Administrator
Myers-Briggs ENFP, "Threadkiller"
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

macksting wrote:You're better off calling it bullshit, because frankly, I haven't the energy to spare to verify something which was irrelevant even when it was published.
Or because it doesn't exist.
Our Host!