so...

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

so...

Post by atoga »

as far as i can tell, the gluttoncreeper website no longer exists. and there hasn't been any word about the whole endeavour in a long while. so, is this project dead in the water or what? any official word? :chew:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

I was about to start a "GCG is offline WTF" thread too.

Maybe he decided to cut his losses and run before the artists demanded payment for something that would never sell.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Maybe Haris bought them out. :rofl:
IguanaOnnaStick
SDF!
SDF!

Post by IguanaOnnaStick »

Their domain name just expired.

Probably too busy deleting posts on their forum and forgot to renew.

Yeah, I'm bummed out about the whole business too. I was running a tabletop game with gothdragon's d20 rules when it got yanked...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Hah. Someone should buy it.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Elodious
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Elodious »

IguanaOnnaStick wrote:Their domain name just expired.

Probably too busy deleting posts on their forum and forgot to renew.

Yeah, I'm bummed out about the whole business too. I was running a tabletop game with gothdragon's d20 rules when it got yanked...
Well, if this whole Glutton Creeper thing dies out, I may just revamp and put up a new version of my book.
Matt_Helm
Glutton Creeper designer

Post by Matt_Helm »

Well, at least we got paid for our efforts.
-Do we have anything resembling a plan?
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

uh, tell us what is happening, so I can submit newspost.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Registrant:
John Wyatt
1060 Vinewood
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
US
we own this fucker now. :evil:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Matt_Helm
Glutton Creeper designer

Post by Matt_Helm »

minigunwielder wrote:uh, tell us what is happening, so I can submit newspost.
All of our work was submitted to GC a few weeks ago and checks were sent out. As far as I can tell, GC plans to edit our work without further involvement on our part and put the book together for release later this year. I have no info on the site being down, GC has not communicated with me since the check was sent despite an email or two from me, I guess he is pretty busy.

My part was equipment and weapons, with some rule changes to make D20 more play like Fallout. I tried to make things as much like FO, adding damage resistance to armour and the like, this was a bit of a pain as damage resistance categories changed in each game from FO, to FO2, to FOT. Luckily the FO system is similar in some areas to D&D. The scale of weapon damage was a bit daunting, the various advanced weapons inflict exteme damage (and let's not even talk about the Alien Blaster). One has to hope potential game masters will have good sense and some restraint.

I also got to know the FO rules and stats pretty well, my study of prices in FO has left me with the impression that the designers assigned prices to items and ammo by throwing darts at a numbered target, there was little logic or sense to much of it. Of course, FO was not designed to be a multiplayer game in any sense.

I'm not really sure how much detail I'm allowed to go into, GC hasn't answered my emailed question on that topic. I will say that we 4 contractors tried to produce a product that was faithful to the concepts of FO.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

We appreciate the effort you have put forth.

Just tell me one thing...

Have you tried to cash the cheque yet?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Matt_Helm
Glutton Creeper designer

Post by Matt_Helm »

Jesus Christ wrote:We appreciate the effort you have put forth.

Just tell me one thing...

Have you tried to cash the cheque yet?
Hell, I've already spent it.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

How much was said check for? :?

Edit: That motherfucker lives in Auburn Hills? That's not to far away from me. Supply me with weapons and I shall make the trip. Ja!
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

I want to know what kind of figures we're talking about, because Eronarn has been PMing me to do his job for him. The editing that is being done without any consultation with the original authors, by someone who has only played Fallout 2 once, and claims to (since it's a "guarantee", that means I can publicly hold you to it) "I can guarantee that I've done more research than anyone else on the project."

Except that the fucker's clueless about the current events on this forum, and this is AFTER they lied to me about having read said forum. Oh, and doesn't see any reason to play the games to learn anything about them or setting details that you'd only be able to put into proper context by going through the material at least once.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I always have the feeling anything even remotely Fallout-related is a personnal thing for Rosh.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

fallout is rosh's ex-wife. rosh is going a wee bit psychotic over her because she left him back in '98 and then recently on the interweb he came across a candid sex tape of her being gangbanged by chucky, todd, and the gluttoncreeper fellas. of course it's personal. :brushteeth:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

It's okay Rosh...

You still have me. :hug:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Matt_Helm
Glutton Creeper designer

Post by Matt_Helm »

I prefer not to discuss my finances on the internet, but I was probably paid the least as all I produced was weapon and equipment lists with descriptions and some supporting background text on the economy of the FO world and the like. I changed about 5 rules from D20 Modern to make the game more Fallout-ish. I also made changes to certain firearms damage to bring the game in line with the underlying FO paradigm that makes handguns and light calibers less than useful against heavily armoured targets when you factor in damage reduction.

At the beginning of the project we were brainstorming an entirely new set of skills based directly on FO but we were told that the license restrictions limited us to using the canonical skill list. GC's intent is to make the game a D20 Modern supplement and not a stand-alone Open Gaming License book. I have mixed feelings about this, but a friend who pays attention to the D&D/D20 rule market says that D20 Modern supplements sell better than OGL books.

As to the amount of research for this project, I can't comment on how much GC did, but from the emails going back and forth behind the scenes it seemed that everyone was doing research. I know that I spent a lot of time on every FO site I could find, including some obscure ones some of you might never have seen. Gamebanshee and the Vault were probably the most useful for info on all three games. A good chunk of my time on the Vault was also spent researching the background for my Lompoc Fallout pnp campaign (if you look at the FO1 map the headland with Lompoc, Vandenberg AFB, and the Santa Ynez Valley appear to have been spared some or much of the devastation of the War).

One thing that I noticed that was unstated and ignored was anti-gravity tech. I haven't played the games in many years, but I seem to recall floating robots in one of them. There is also the Mr. Handy commercial at the start of FO1 that shows a floating robot. Of course, this could be maglev and not anti-grav. If there is a timeline entry that discusses this I'd like to know about it.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

I got an e-mail from John Wyatt:
Crashed... It will be back up when I pay the bills, my domain expired
while I was on holiday.

GCG
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer