Da Food Thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I made some kickass tacos today. Image
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'm a pesto maniac. My last one was a basil-cashew one. Of course there was also garlic, parmegiano, olive oil.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I am out of bread, and i put the last of the awesome cheese in the snackwitch machine which btw was excellent (DROOOOOOL) so now all I have are a crap load of apples, which I think will make apple pie with now, cause I just thought of it. And i am going to add some kiwi fruit which i bought 2 boxes of while they were unripe and they are taking their sweet fucking time to ripen. I think maybe an apple tart. Have to see if i can work out a base for it. If only i had a camera.

edit : OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I found a quince! YAY!
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Make short pastry (google it!) and blind bake it (google it as well).

Just READ carefully and follow the instructions and you will succeed. If you can't find anything or if you fail I will explain it to you. swell guy (potentially).
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Dude i know how to cook. Not quite as well as you(function over form ie looks like shit), but enough to make good food. The pie rox. A bit one the acidic sied, as i did not have much sugar, or much of anything and i ran out of butter so i had to use some SHITE majorine instead of butter. So i made a quince and kiwi pie. YUMMY! wish i had milk so i could make some custard for it. I wanted some cherry pie after hearing the song, so this will have to do. It is quite good actually. Used a bit of corn flower in the pastry all in all good. I wish i had some good pots cause mine are on the not so great after being used every day by my mom for 22 years.

Yummy yummy yummy i got pie in my tummy. Now i just need to buy EVERYTHING cause i used it all.

I dont use recipes, cause i dont have a scale, i just throw shit toegther till it has the right consistency and then i cook and eat it.

now i know that you nooke are totally above culinary advice from just about anyone cause WOW, your food can be smelled through the screen it is so good. but i do have an awesome cake that you should try to make (it is quick like 10 mins tops incl cooking) Now i know you are about to say (in a french accent)
Zis Koogeeng is belooow my Haute Standaaaardz but hear me out.

K

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup boiling water
4tsps baking powder (yes it is not yeast you culinary snob)(A microwave might also be involved but dont look now.)
4tsps coco powder (No, not powdered internet slut)
1 lid vanilla essence
2 eggs.

Mix all the dry shit

Then mix the eggs with the dry mixed shit
mix the boiling water. and then vanilla essence

THen microwave (drop your standards damnit!) for 8 minutes and SHIT A BRICK! CAKE! YAY!

Then for the sauce: Bar of chocolate (cadburies of course cause it is the best (affordable) chocolate in the whole universe and you are a liar if you disagree)

Cream (you can find some at your nearest local female cow)

Delicate Procedure:

Melt down slab of roach pheromones (now you know why it tastes so good) and mix in cream pour over cake. stab cake repeatedly as if it were an NMA moderator and leave until well, actually just ea the damn thing, and die of the tongue boner it gives you

I want custard.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

I AM SHOCKED!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_tongue

SUCH GODLESS MACHINERY! WE SHALL DESTROY IT BEFORE IT DESTROYS US!
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

How much shit are you going to link in a lifetime?
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

now they are going to develop a definitive scale for how good food tastes, the earth has gone to shit.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Nooke wrote:I AM SHOCKED!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_tongue

SUCH GODLESS MACHINERY! WE SHALL DESTROY IT BEFORE IT DESTROYS US!

I knew this reminded me of something.

sepbox
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Have I posted Nigella Lawson's recipe for lemon ice cream yet? If not, here it is. It's the easiest thing you will ever make in the weed bar a piece of toast, and it tastes awesome. No ice cream maker needed, either.

Lemon Ice Cream

3 juicy lemons, preferably unwaxed
170g icing sugar
420ml whipping cream (double cream in teh UK)

Grate the zest from 2 of the lemons into a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of all 3 and add the icing sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar, and leave this for about 30 minutes to let the flavor deepen.

Whip the cream (remember to freeze the bowl and beaters beforehand and make sure the cream is fridge-cold) until it holds soft peaks, then whisk in the sweetened lemon juice. Pour into a shallow airtight container and freeze until firm. Before serving, let it sit in the fridge for about 20 minutes or so to soften slightly.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

So I finally broke down and bought a wedge of real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, at $9 for 250 grams. And I don't think I'll ever cook, or eat, Italian food the same way again. Motherfucker, is that good cheese. It's nothing like the cheap domestic parmesans - it smells buttery and almost caramelly, and the taste is far sharper and deeper. If you've never had the authentic stuff, run, don't walk.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Duh... I always have some Reggiano around. Yet, I am a spoiled fuck and always chasing the best foods I can get hold of. Imported hams, cheeses, salamis, etc. etc. etc. up to simple German BOCKWURST isn't rare in my fridge/weed/dry-store. Now make me proud and go to your campy little gay-weed and make the best pesto you've ever made. Don't chop the pinenuts or chashews to finely. Yes, I recommend cashews for pesto to experiment around and add a bit of a twist. Mixed with good Parmesan it's the fucking king of dips/sauces/flavorings (whatever one may see pesto as).
���������
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

At the mo i am food free, i am waiting for the hd4870x2 and I dont want my fat ass to be the reason I dont get one. Had some KFC though, and some chips. Man what i would not do for some good ingredients right now. I want macadmia nuts. and foie gras, since i have never had it. and a big fat fucking lobster.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Dreddy wrote:Now make me proud and go to your campy little gay-weed and make the best pesto you've ever made. Don't chop the pinenuts or chashews to finely. Yes, I recommend cashews for pesto to experiment around and add a bit of a twist. Mixed with good Parmesan it's the fucking king of dips/sauces/flavorings (whatever one may see pesto as).
I've actually made a pretty good pasta dish with 'deconstructed' pesto - ie. basil, garlic, oil, pine nuts, sea salt, Parmesan, and Romano, tossed in with the cooked pasta separately rather than mashed together and then tossed. I find pesto most useful in emergencies, when I just need a quick coating for pasta and don't have the time, or energy, to whip up a proper sauce. And unlike bottled tomato sauce, bottled pesto is, to my taste buds anyway, just as good as anything I'd make myself. If I have the time to make my own pesto, I have the time to make a tomato sauce that's even better, or work on a beef marinade, or bake some muffins. Call me efficient (!).
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Subhuman wrote:So I finally broke down and bought a wedge of real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, at $9 for 250 grams. And I don't think I'll ever cook, or eat, Italian food the same way again. Motherfucker, is that good cheese. It's nothing like the cheap domestic parmesans - it smells buttery and almost caramelly, and the taste is far sharper and deeper. If you've never had the authentic stuff, run, don't walk.
finally indeed :drunk:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Ok, risking to sound incredibly :subhuman: I will show you something:

GUYS YOU GOTTA TRY THIS:

http://recipes.egullet.org/recipes/r1348.html
���������
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member