Paying for help...mainly artwork?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Paying for help...mainly artwork?

Post by ogreb »

Since the end product will be free anyway...I don't see any problems.

I need a couple of entities done.

I was going to do them myself ( and in the end if I don't find someone...I'll have to)

But I am so buried with my campaign...I have a dozen maps left to do ( I have 8 main maps done with several special encounters....18 quests ( so far)
30 NPCs...7 Joinable NPCS...so far)

I have speech to write, waypoints to make, zones to zone, custom entities to re-name, wav and bmp files to incorporate....and millions of tiles to lay!
I even bought a movie maker program to make simple cut scenes ( and there will be many voice overs)

I am so buried! I D/led the sprite editor ( simple tiles look easy enough) but have not put any real time in it.

I need a Highwayman ( actually 2...I promised Dak one)
I need a short school bus...( same length as the APC)

I need a few others, but these 2 are the most important...with the Highwayman being the most important!

And I will pay! 30+ per entitiy...and we can negotiate ( but remember I'm poor!)

As for payment..you can either just trust me..or I will send the money to a MOD ( or other 3rd party) to hold on to,

They must be properly sized and collisioned!
Must have all animations and directions!
Tires must move.... and dust would be cool!

I'm not kidding I will pay for the Highwayman entity!

I m swamped with my work and since very few people will do anything for free...I'm hoping the lure of money will get this done.

As I have still have several months of simple map making, scripting, speech etc left to do before I can even think about the sprite editor.

Sorry Dak, I'm trying.

I'm just so far behind ( and loosing 2 weeks of work a week ago didn't help)
If I can find someone to do it, I'll send you the sprite...if not, it'll be awhile before I can get around to it.

I don't know...maybe I'll fool around with it this weekend..see how hard it is ( regular tiles looked easy though)

I need a Highwayman!!!

If anybody wants the job let me know!
We can negotiate...
Dak
Regular
Regular

Maps

Post by Dak »

ogreb if you need some maps, I have around 8 or 9. All they need are entities and scripting. What type are you looking for. Towns, villages, woods....

Let me konw and I'll see about getting them to you. Can't beat the price either, you can use them for FREE. They are quite large, however. To see a sample of my mapping I think NMA still has The Raiders Layer listed in their downloads. If I remember right most who downloaded it said they liked it, I just did not use any scripting in the map. As a mater of fact you can even use that one for your mod and make any changes you wish. I also do not require you even credit me with it. Just want to see your mod when its done.
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

You'll get to see it..

And when I finish I finish I plan on setting up a website to host it.

After over a year of work ( it will be 6 months before I finish..I hope, and thats working everyday...but since I don't work, that will help!)

I'm also confined to zero gravity chair( kind of like a recliner) due to a spinal injury.
So it's either..watch TV...read...or play computer games!
My computer is set up by the chair and the moniter is on a swing arm...so I could play flat on my back if I wanted.
Mouse and keyboard/speedpad sit on these custom arms ( kind of coushioned, so they are great for hours of gaming!)

Anyway thats my life...

As far as pre-made maps ( or your custom maps for that matter)..I'm not so sure about.
I'm only going to use 2 maps from the Campaign, but I've had to change so much they are almost unregonizable anymore.
And the only reason I udes them was for size and pre-building placement.
IE Nuka-Cola plant ( which I enlarged)

I have the story lined out here ( storyboarded...actually just drawings ha ha) and in my brain.
So as I lay out tiles I'm seeing the path someone would take to go here..or there. Where an action point is ( how much room is there? will the entities have room to turn..fight...flee?)
From where does the enemy come? How far before someone spots him?

How do vehicles travel through here?
And a billion other things....
So if you want to send them to me... I'll look at them...I'm just not sure If I can use them?

Any of them 8x8 with hilly terrain?
That is the one thing that bugs the crap out of me...is using those sloped tiles to get a nice rounded hill, bunker wall.

Most of my mine are just plain flat!!!
There are canyons and cliffs etc....just no rolling hills and crap!( I wish i had the time!)
Like the one map where you have to destroy the mutant power plants and confront the mutant scientist...and it has that sweet gulley thing in the middle of the map...where it slopes on both sides?

I'm using that one because that is where all the human slaves will be penned!

Size doesn't matter...all of the main maps are 8x8 or larger!

So yeah...I'll take a gander at yon missions and seeth.

My ad is still good...I need the Highwayman! I need to post ant NMA also..and radiated society too.

Send me all of them!
I have 3 large city maps...2 wasteland canyon maps...2 large glow swamp maps to make( these are played at night)...6 smaller quests maps...8 special encounter maps left to make!

I'll probably release it as a work in progress with maybe 20 hours of play...
I need to finish this! I need to finish something in this life!
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Sounds like a pretty interesting project. Hope you get around to finish it. :salute:
Dak
Regular
Regular

Maps

Post by Dak »

I'll see about getting them to you. You may find them a little bigger than you might want. I think several of them have hills.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

If you have trouble with hills just clip them from other maps, St Louis is probably the best for hillocks. If sandy hills don't fit with the rest of the floor tiles then load the clip in a blank map and set it to view only tiles on the current level. Then going up level by level replace the sand tiles with a more suitable material. For the most part all the sloping floor tiles follow the same naming convention, so it's really easy to replace the sand tiles with dirt, grass or snow etc.

Even if you only convert 3 or 4 different hills you can still get a varied effect.
To_an
SDF!
SDF!

Paying for models

Post by To_an »

If you really wants to pay for a model, post a request at www.turbosquid.com. You will find here profesional modellers that could surely help you.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

If you're russian then I dount it will be finished. Good luck tho.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

What has being Russian got to do with anything?

But I'm not anyway....I'm American

I will give that site a shot...I just don't have the energy to do rendering right now.

I have several months of just tile work, scripting etc.

And paying someone to do it, is worth it to me ( as long as it don't cost too much)
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

If he was Russian doh, would that have mean't he was offering 30 rubels?
ogreb
Respected
Respected

Post by ogreb »

Nope...good old American greenbacks!
The currency of the world!
mhjyskjxhlk256
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mhjyskjxhlk256 »

Since the end product will be free anyway...I don't see any problems.