Gamasutra bitches about brightness

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Gamasutra bitches about brightness

Post by Mad Max RW »

Gamasutra does this yearly bitch article about random things in games. This year one of their problems is the inability to fully tweak brightness in Fallout1/2.

It's funny they bring this up because for the past few years it has been way too dark on my larger monitor with gamma settings and ingame brightness already maxed out. You'd think the Nvidia nview hotkeys used to further adjust gamma/contrast/brightness would fix it because this is something EVERY game (especially good for FPS's like Doom 3) takes advantage of. Unfortunately Fallout doesn't. So what can you do? Download a little program called Powerstrip, start Fallout, alt tab, hit whatever key combination adjusts gamma (for me it's shift ctl +,-), then tab back into the game.

You'll need a cracked version of Powerstrip to work after 30 days. If you can't find it I might be nice and supply it. The download is like 2 or 3 MB so no big deal.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

brightness is just fine the way it is :rolleyes:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

What the fuck? There is a brightness slider in Options. What else do you want? RGB settings? Sepia? Goddamn Median Filter? Jesus.
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Koki wrote:What the fuck? There is a brightness slider in Options. What else do you want? RGB settings? Sepia? Goddamn Median Filter? Jesus.
That's what I was gonna say. I just move it up two notch higher and the brightness is fine for me.
Our Host!