Weapon Ideas

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Weapon Ideas

Post by Umpa »

any new weapons you'd want included?

i'd want Fallout Fantasy, scare the enemy to death
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, a pair of boot woth steel toecaps, kick the enemy in the groin 8O That's gonna hurt!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

No just the weapons from Fallout.
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

I don't know, but I've always had this weird love for rubber bands... Not too healthy i guess... :oops:

A sling to sling stones with would perhaps not be such a bad idea..? And the ability to fire to 10mms at one time :twisted: *sigh* Guess Max Payne had bad influence on me...

But in general; The weaponry must be in a retro 50 sci-fi style... Not too many real-life weapons though... (Ain't I preaching for the choir now? 8) )
Fallout Forever!
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

primo; a thumb.

i can imagine jamming your thumb up your opponent's butthole can inflict quite a decent amount of pain.

segundo; a pencil.

stab a fucken' pencil through Lynette's hand. good times.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Roman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Roman »

A CY-BORG CHIMP WHO SHOOTS LAZERS OUT OF HIS EYES THAT SITS ON YOUR HEAD!
HappySuitcase Man
Regular
Regular

Post by HappySuitcase Man »

Bow and arrow. Makes sense, because arrows don't deplete as fast as bullets, and arrows aren't exactly hard to make.
This is my signature.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Variation of the above: crossbow. Or even one of those gun-like bows. A waypoint gun(like those in xcom) would be nice.
Miracleasd
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Miracleasd »

that waypoint gun was the blaster bomb and that would be pretty good. 1 or 2 shot weapon with really limited ammo that can do s#itloads of splash dammage

it should also have a biro (the pen is mightier than the sword)
a yoyo
a can of whipped cream

and some reason to get your character into a thumbwar
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

An anvil, gotta have an anvil(Hold this! Blang!), and seltzer bottles, and water pistols, and cans of Spam(look out! he's gonna pull the pin!), and the ability to shake and spray nukacola and beer, and snowballs, and jars from old chemistry labs...

An option to run enemies over with a vehicle would be fun. (Do you wish to encounter raiders? Raider is hit for 76 points of collision damage and knocked down.) There should be a chance to squish one or more before you get out of the car to fight.

7.62mm NATO(.308) weapons should do more damage, penetrate armor better, and have greater range than .223(5.56mm)weapons, as per real life.

.223 and 7.62 are used by both the military and civilians. AP ammo should be around on old military bases, police stations, and such, it is restricted for civilians today. Hollowpoints or jacketed soft points(acting as JHP for game purposes) should be available.

Ammo mods: Perhaps a merchant could modify ammo for a price, turning FMJ into AP or JHP; or "hot loading" ammo for more damage and range, but a greater chance of malfunction.

The Sniper Rifle is described as having been rechambered for .223 from 7.62mm, perhaps it could be re-re-chambered or available in 7.62 originally.

If gratuitous cheesy pop culture references will be used, perhaps a random encounter could give a lightsaber(mondo melee damage, energy weapons less likely to hit you). Maybe you could find Stormtrooper Armor(acts like superior power armor, but has a serious vulnerability to energy attacks).

Sap gloves-increased unarmed damage, not obviously a weapon, so no hostile reactions from it being in an active item slot. Penalizes lockpick, steal, and traps when worn due to weight and loss of fingertip sensitivity.

There are brass knucks, power fists, melee weapons, etc. for the hands. There should be steel-toed boots, spiked boots, spiked knees, etc. for the legs. A random encounter or quest could give ballet shoes or bunny slippers that allow devastating kick damage and that don't register as weapons in trigger-happy towns.
"Don't make me put on my Mega Power Boots."

Armor should add to your unarmed damage, especially metal and power armor. "I'm sorry, but you'll have to take off your helmet before joining the headbutting contest."

Other common tools: axes, hammers, chainsaws, chains, axe handles.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Blarg wrote:the ability to shake and spray nukacola and beer
The only problems would be if Nukacola is flat after so many years.
Blarg wrote:Other common tools: axes, hammers, chainsaws, chains, axe handles.
And what would the chainsaws run off of.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well gasoline of co... Oh, right... Well I guess they'd work with Small Energy Cells :?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Micro Fusion Cells if it was one hell of a big, beefy chainsaw!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Yeah but would they have put the time in to make a fusion engine for a chainsaw? When they already made a mini one in the 'ripper'?
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

Slider wrote:Yeah but would they have put the time in to make a fusion engine for a chainsaw? When they already made a mini one in the 'ripper'?
Hmm... I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking about stuff you could improvise or find in ruins or old toolsheds that wasn't already in the game(such as the crowbar). Examples: pieces of rebar or pipe, a knife tied to a stick, a rock in a sock, fire axes.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Weapon Ideas

Post by Viktor »

Umpa wrote:any new weapons you'd want included?

i'd want Fallout Fantasy, scare the enemy to death

Weapons from Fallout 1 or believeable developments of these weapons given the tech level of the setting for FO3 and the 50's retro feel of the whole game.

No 'real world' weapons - they'd be long gone anyway!

No invincible weapon/power armour combo that lets you just walk up to your enemies and blow them away without taking damage.

A good bow (and the skill to use it!) would be a major improvement over spears and melee weapons in the early game until a good rifle shows up.

Ammo and weapons shouldn't just be scattered all over the wastes...unless you find a previously hidden arms cache, the only way to get them should be through trade, theft and looting dead enemies.

Remember how you had to work to get your first decent weapon in FO2?? I remember being really elated at getting the 10mm pistol after lots of trading/quests.....

Later on, it was all to easy to scavenge/buy the latest high tech weapons and I didn't appreciate them as much....FO:T (which I like for the squad based tactical play - messed up weapons/too linear core campaign) got this really wrong!

You (and your squad) start off with SMGs/hunting rifles AND you have good enough small guns skill to hit what you aim at!!

If you set up your FO2 character with just enough melee/H-T-H to make it throught the bullshit temple of trials and put points into small guns from the start; you started off with a spear which you weren't very good with!

I want more of this in FO3! I want to start with f**k all so that I have to talk/barter/work to get the items I need to progress through the Wastes!

An FO3 where you walk out of the Vault/BoS base/wherever all tooled up and ready to rumble would really piss on the "All hands are turned against you" feel of FO2....

Haven't played FO1 yet - have a copy all ready to go and will try to forget all I experienced in FO2 and FO:T before I play it...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Slider wrote:Yeah but would they have put the time in to make a fusion engine for a chainsaw? When they already made a mini one in the 'ripper'?
I mean a full size fusion engine for a chainsaw, making it run faster and it will give a small energy charge to the damage. I have developed such a weapon in 'The Hub' under the DAC Saloon. Chainsaws are cool, if you have played Serious Sam 2, you will know that they kick ass.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

A full engine, do you have any idea of how heavy that would be?
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

The Bonecracker P-LAH chainsaw, heh that was cool, but I think FO:T overdid the worthless melee weapons. And get rid of the Energy and mini gun weapons. The chainsaw could work though(bigger better Ripper)
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

The only problems would be if Nukacola is flat after so many years.
Nuka Cola is flat. Read the in-game description.

What I really want is some decent unarmed hand-to-hand combat.

It was sucky in FO1, alot better in FO2, but still not powerful enough to compete with the weapons you get later in the game. (But the Mega Power Fist was very nice to have!)
Our Host!