Fallout Tactics pnp

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
digitalmetal
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout Tactics pnp

Post by digitalmetal »

I read somewhere that there is the pnp version of Fallout Tactics on one the game's cds, and I'm unable to find it.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dunno about Fallout Tactics, but do you mean this?

link
digitalmetal
SDF!
SDF!

nope

Post by digitalmetal »

I meant that on the actual game cd, in one of the game folders are the .pdf version of Fallpout Tactics pnp.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I don't have Tactics cds anymore, so I can't verify that. If I recall correctly, Fallout PnP was an independent project and I doubt it ended up in a Tactics cd.

You can download the .pdf manual for Fallout PnP in the link I gave you.
digitalmetal
SDF!
SDF!

thanks but I found something better than that link

Post by digitalmetal »

found the d20 modern conversion for Fallout series
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

You need to have the ''bonus'' cd, the other 3 cds only have the game.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: thanks but I found something better than that link

Post by VasikkA »

digitalmetal wrote:found the d20 modern conversion for Fallout series
Now that's just fucked up. D:
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Download the bonus mission patch. That'll also install the pnp game. Though it's more for table top warfare than roleplaying.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

If any of you guys want a seriously intense fallout experience, I'm working on a Milleniums End/Fallout conversion.

Background...

I like games that are plausible, not REALISTIC. If you want the super realism, then go out and do it. It is realistic that most people do very little to impact their world. I, although being a perfectionist, tend to make a game plausible and wildly entertaining. I've played tons of RPG's and found that ineviably, they end up sucking rotten poop through a straw after a while. The Pnp is pretty similar to Warhammer style games, which is fine for the quick and dirty, but I prefer characters with depth.

Shadowrun and Palladiums books style stuff has its moments,(Shadowrun is a big favorite of mine) I found they are lacking the grainy, caullused, bruised existance of Fallout.

I chose Milleniums End ultimately because of the limitless concept of it. With a good dose of Fallout it became very workable. I DLed some work others had done, improved it, and made Excel sheets to manage the character creation process to create characters in 10mins or less, with many options to personalize.

Thoughts and insight are appreciated
Adventuring in the wasteland on a daily basis
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

What's Milleniums End?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Speed_demon wrote:I like games that are plausible, not REALISTIC.
Does this mean there will be no SOIL EROSION?!?!? :gnasher:
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

Redeye: What's Milleniums End?

It's a system run completely on percentile (%) dice. Thats 2d10, one for the tens number, the other for the ones. There are NO HIT POINTS, instead, there is a "non-ablative" (I think they call it) damage system, where you take the "Mass Factor" of the person, based on weight, (a number typically between 1.6 and 0.7) and multiply it by the damage incurred (after armor, both local and incidental) has been factored in. Ther is also a complete lack of what I call (bullshit damage) EX. When you play a standard d20 system game, you can hit succeed your hit by a large amount and still do piddly damage (like rolling a total of 4 on 4d6 or whatever) This had bothered me for some time, so I would check out all of the RPG's at the local shops and came across Milleniums Ends FIrearm book, Being rather (theory) imformed about guns and shit it looked great, with say bullet damage being the SAME for every shot. That is to say your PC grabs his 9mm and shoots at bad guy #1, the bullet damage is 17 TL (Trauma Levels) before armor and such is accounted. EVERY PC has 25 TL, so you say "What about that mass facter" it gets multiplied by the damage after armor ect. SOooooo, say your bad guy #1 is a big dude at 110 kg, his mass factor would be 0.7. So the bullet damage (17) is multiplied by the mass factor (0.7) and the result is 11.9. This damage also multiplide by the location multiplier, from 0.6 for a hand or foot, to 1.6 for the head. So the PC with the 0.7 mass facter, shot by a 9mm in the head (with no armor) would be looking at 19TL (out of 25) which would mess him up pretty badly. It is then looked up on a chart, which takes into account the damage effects, which are percentile penalties for the area damaged. So if a PC is shot in the leg, depending on severity, he gets penalties to such things as movement related skills, and combat maneuvers.

It sounds very complicated to some, but with a little familiarity and the Excel sheets I'm working on, many processes are sped up to a very workable level. I've also made the character creation much more plausible, instead on rolling dice for attributes, which I've always thought of as a lame ass way to build a character, i've created a sliding scale for buying attribute points, so if you go relatively average, you will likely have (after skills and such) slightly above average PC stats (around 55ish). But, if you want to have a single or multiple exceptional attributes, they are at exponential cost , so a PC isnt likely to have more than 2 or 3 exceptional stats. EX the "average" cost for an attribute -we'll say strength with a base of 58%, would cost 31 attribute creation points. For a rather strong PC, with Strength 80% would cost 100 attribute creation points. If you wanted the maximum for the strength attribute, 100% it would cost 190 attribute creation points There are 300 attribute creation points total.
VasikkA Does this mean there will be no SOIL EROSION?!?!?

there will be all kinds of erosion; societal erosion, environmental erosion... among others. You seem concerned, are you a farmer or something?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Speed_demon wrote:

It's a system run completely on percentile (%) dice. Thats 2d10, one for the tens number, the other for the ones. There are NO HIT POINTS, instead, there is a "non-ablative" (I think they call it) damage system, where you take the "Mass Factor" of the person, based on weight, (a number typically between 1.6 and 0.7) and multiply it by the damage incurred (after armor, both local and incidental) has been factored in. Ther is also a complete lack of what I call (bullshit damage) EX. When you play a standard d20 system game, you can hit succeed your hit by a large amount and still do piddly damage (like rolling a total of 4 on 4d6 or whatever) This had bothered me for some time, so I would check out all of the RPG's at the local shops and came across Milleniums Ends FIrearm book, Being rather (theory) imformed about guns and shit it looked great, with say bullet damage being the SAME for every shot. That is to say your PC grabs his 9mm and shoots at bad guy #1, the bullet damage is 17 TL (Trauma Levels) before armor and such is accounted. EVERY PC has 25 TL, so you say "What about that mass facter" it gets multiplied by the damage after armor ect. SOooooo, say your bad guy #1 is a big dude at 110 kg, his mass factor would be 0.7. So the bullet damage (17) is multiplied by the mass factor (0.7) and the result is 11.9. This damage also multiplide by the location multiplier, from 0.6 for a hand or foot, to 1.6 for the head. So the PC with the 0.7 mass facter, shot by a 9mm in the head (with no armor) would be looking at 19TL (out of 25) which would mess him up pretty badly. It is then looked up on a chart, which takes into account the damage effects, which are percentile penalties for the area damaged. So if a PC is shot in the leg, depending on severity, he gets penalties to such things as movement related skills, and combat maneuvers.

It sounds very complicated to some, but with a little familiarity and the Excel sheets I'm working on, many processes are sped up to a very workable level. I've also made the character creation much more plausible, instead on rolling dice for attributes, which I've always thought of as a lame ass way to build a character, i've created a sliding scale for buying attribute points, so if you go relatively average, you will likely have (after skills and such) slightly above average PC stats (around 55ish). But, if you want to have a single or multiple exceptional attributes, they are at exponential cost , so a PC isnt likely to have more than 2 or 3 exceptional stats. EX the "average" cost for an attribute -we'll say strength with a base of 58%, would cost 31 attribute creation points. For a rather strong PC, with Strength 80% would cost 100 attribute creation points. If you wanted the maximum for the strength attribute, 100% it would cost 190 attribute creation points There are 300 attribute creation points total.

there will be all kinds of erosion; societal erosion, environmental erosion... among others. You seem concerned, are you a farmer or something?

Um... sounds kinda Aftermathy...

For a computer game you'd have to combine the damage system with the Nomad Soul of Omicron.
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

Srry 'bout the repost, the edit function was messed up...needed some things changed (ignore previous post)

It sounds very complicated to some, but with a little familiarity and the Excel sheets I'm working on, many processes are sped up to a very workable level. I've also made the character creation much more plausible, instead on rolling dice for attributes, which I've always thought of as a lame ass way to build a character, i've created a sliding scale for buying attribute points, so if you go relatively average, you will likely have (after skills and such) slightly above average PC stats (around 55ish). But, if you want to have a single or multiple exceptional attributes, they are at exponential cost , so a PC isnt likely to have more than 2 or 3 exceptional stats. EX the "average" cost for an attribute -we'll say strength with a base of 55%, would cost 25 attribute creation points. For a rather strong PC, with Strength 80% would cost 120 attribute creation points. If you wanted the maximum for the strength attribute, 100% it would cost 190 attribute creation points There are 300 attribute creation points total.

There will be all kinds of erosion; societal erosion, environmental erosion, hideous mutations... among others. You seem concerned, are you a farmer or something? :anger:

I draw the distinction, as reality is relatively mundane (for most of us, surfing on our computer without the threat of getting killed, bombed etc.
). People, I think, dont want to play a completley realistic game without some sort of pliability of structure/reality, it would be boring. Milleniums End has been used by the military (or so I hear) to simulate small unit tactics, because it has such a huge level of plausibility/realism.
Our Host!