Here are some Screenies from my Mod/Campaign

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Username wrote: Where did I whine about anything or demand that someone does something.
Your posts come off as whiny and retarded. Maybe work on your sentence structure.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Username wrote: Where did I whine about anything or demand that someone does something.
Your posts come off as whiny and retarded. Maybe work on your sentence structure.
Guys just calm down. FOT has a very very small chance of reclaiming the throne as most popular fallout game.

But until there is such a time where we have reason to believe it is in our best interest to take up the responsibility of modifying the game/game engine, we need to work with what we have.

I was banned permanently from the sister website of DAC, the site NMA.

So I probably can only mod this game, has more people mod FOT on this forum, while more people mod FO2 on NMA.

I will be making some more art later on.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

NMA sucks. The last post in this thread is also ancient.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Who even gives a fuck about shitty NMA!? Those bitch ass motherfucking arse raping shit eating cum dumpsters can go suck a lemon (I'm cleaning up my language :chew:)

:fallout4eva:

I choose you!

Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

This epic story brought to you by:
DaC~ The internet's biggest cock suckers!
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

The Mod is still alive and work continues, although admittedly I haven't had much time so far this summer, but no matter what the mod will not die!

Here's a look at Location22 'Alkida Mountain'
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Depending on choices you made earlier in the game you will be either defending Alkida mountain from the Zianists, or Attacking the mountain with the Zianists.
Image[/img]

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

I will be making some more art later on.
By 'art' I presume you mean tiles or sprites... very cool! I could use a few sprites/tiles that would greatly help to speed up completion of the mod. Nothing to too difficult... (no animated sprites, etc.) but just a few simple objects really. If you're interested in helping out, just let me know...
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

I have second thoughts on the art. I working towards be a full time developer. I have learned a little bit about the assembly language NASM, and hope to switch over to Reverse Engineering Fallout Tactics soon.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

ok no problem, and good luck learning assemble language. it's been a very long time since I did any computer programming... it was the apple ][e days and early IBM basic or whatever it was back then, and I'm wondering about how long would it take to learn assemble language to the point where it would be feasable to hack the tactics engine?

I am definitely an old school hardcore turn based RPGer and I know most modders prefer the FO2 engine for modding, but for me FOT had a few things that I like better than in the original FOs, like the ability to crouch and go prone, and having a real 6 man party (squad) reminded me more of Wastelend and the Ultimas or Wizardry. RPGing solo has it's charms too, but I always felt that a party is more enjoyable. And once I got used to the CTB mode in tactics I rarely ever went back to pure turn based mode. I like the real time randomness of the combat and I love taking casualties in my squad. Also the graphics are just way better than the originals.

Well at any rate If any of you ever do succeed in adding all the cool stuff we need in FOT, I will definitely be willing to join you on a new modding team.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Updates!
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Username wrote:Updates!
Where?

Also i think the guy who is fixing FOT's engine or some parts of the crap that does shit that we normally can't access. well he is still making progress, he released a SDK, so someone could help him out tons!

but i would need ASM knowledge , and having the capability of learning it isn't enough. Then comes essential RE knowledge. then you need to see what the fuck this guy has documented . interesting stuff, but you can't take it seriously like you can contribute for real unless you are willing to bite the bullet and learn as i said.

his SDK allows you to code, and no ASM really needs to kill you. But there will be many times where you wiill want to add shit.

truly, if i had fucking learned ASM and RE by now i may be able to fucking do something for FOT.

anyhow, xvkon, if your campaign and/or maps really pay off when released, then you might take one last look at how you can push the limits by working with Jarekfalls SDK.

or having someone help you. Them speech trees will come one day.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Hahahahahahahhahahaah
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Guess this one is dead and burried in the Valley of (soon to be) forgotten mods by now?

Giving this one more shot, would really like to play a tactics mod over christmas if possible. Even just a Beta one,
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

i am going to be 30 years old before this mod is finished.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Pizzahut Lover wrote:i am going to be 30 years old before this mod is finished.
And you'll be dead and buried long before anyone gives a shit.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Yonmanc wrote:
FUCK, I LOVE YOU
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

Yonmanc wrote:
shut your mouth for one second freezer burn. i already had thought of your insult. yet you did it anyway. it bothers me that it took you so long and your friend still shat bricks out his nostril.

enjoy your fountain of snot you snob.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Friends? With THAT guy? No way. I just said I love him, is all.
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Mod is still alive. I was away for about 3-4 monthes and when I came back to work I realized that my computer was just way too old and slow, making work very slow and difficult. So I bought a nice new computer (triple core!) and started again. but somewhere in transfering my files some of my speech files somehow became corrupted, and the editor somehow couldn't read half of the speech file, specifically only the older text was readable. So, I more or less had to reconstruct a dozen or so speech files from older back up versions which took at least another 2 monthes. But since then I have returned to work with a renewed vigor on a fast new machine.
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Here's more screenshots.

Our Host!