More.

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

More.

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

5 minutes here and there while my class does math.

And.

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like the bottom one. Do you hide what you're doing when a kid comes to the desk or do you display it proudly whilst making fun of their drawings?
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I hid the last one until today...Then I told them it was Santa.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

This is very good.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I can hardly wait until I get my new PC tablet. I'm skipping WACOM due to price and going for the cheap stuff that requires batteries. My WACOM has lasted me 7 years, but it's past it's retirement and I can't get a "pencil" effect out of it at all. 1024 points of pressure sensitivity, here I come. Then again, I'll never come up with anything good on the computer. I'm a charcoal pencil person.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

It's great, but ink is the true king, in all honesty.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I can do the same in ink, in fact, up until recently, all I ever used were pens (one of the cheap sets I picked up for about $50 while considering doing art for a living).. Pencils are cheap..Pens cost money and I don't want to run out of fluid in the middle of a large cross-hatched scene.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Those are pretty good but it reflects that you are a bad teacher. Though you are a kindergarden teacher(ARNULD LOL) so I guess its more about babysitting.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, kinda weird you're not helping with their math and chit D:
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

I like the first one, hurrah :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The first one looks like a French dock worker. The second one is better. I like the eyes. Do you teach them kids art too? In that case at least one of them will become a serial killer, I tell you.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

VasikkA wrote:at least one of them will become a serial killer
One violently disturbed child would be gravely disappointing. I trust Ryno has the moxy to successfully traumatise more than one.

Nice artwork, also. :drunk:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Those are pretty good but it reflects that you are a bad teacher. Though you are a kindergarden teacher(ARNULD LOL) so I guess its more about babysitting.
Okay...I'm a 4th grade teacher. They have self control and can sit on one place for more than 10 minutes. There are two subjects I am allowed to teach: Reading and Math. In the morning, I go over reading for 2 hours, then the students do an assignment on their own for the next 10 minutes. Then we grade the work together, going over each question about 10 minutes each, and then we go to lunch. Lunch time is roughly 20 minutes total (that includes recess). We then return to class and do a (as in 1 of those 20 minute lessons, but it takes me about 2 hours to get them to actually grasp the concept) math lesson for the next two hours. Then the students do work for about 10 minutes on their own. Then we grade the work together and go over each question for about 10 minutes as if they were their own lesson. Essentially I have taught an entire year of Math and Reading concepts at the 4th grade (and a bit of the 5th grade) level in less than 18 weeks.

My class has gone from an average of 31% in Reading to about a 50%. We've gone from a 31% in Math to about a 53% in Math. The assessments used are intentionally 20% more difficult (as in they're written for students two grades higher). This means that my students have gone from failing to a "C" or "Average" score....Which is the goal for the end of the year Criterion Reference Tests given in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, and 11th grades. During the next 19 weeks we will go over the same materials again at a higher grade level equivalent as to hopefully raise their scores above the district average.

I've got documentation to prove these claims, I assure you. Am I going to scan about 200 pages of data to show you? No. But for you to say I'm a bad teacher because out of the entire day I choose to have 5 minutes to myself while my students work on a worksheet on their own (or in heterogeneous groups should the lesson prove challenging), then you're a moron in that you have no idea what it is like to teach children coming to you with a second or first grade reading level or a first or second grade math level and bring each and every one of them (with the exception of two of the four students on IEPs; my school has total inclusion for special education students) up to grade level in just 17 weeks.

In essence, I guess I took offence. :chew:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

You're the best teacher ever, Ryno. B)
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

My principal agrees. So does the city in general. I've been appointed webmaster for the Oklahoma City Reading Council. I fucking rule.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yay :dance:
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

This is cool. I wish I could draw like taht too.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

ExtremeRyno wrote:Image
They give out oscars for webmasters?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The best I-look-like-I'm-happy-about-this act of the year goes to....
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I can't help but chuckle when I think of the 'past Ryno' Vs 'present Ryno' contrast :giggle:
Good job mate, especially with the kids :yes:
Our Host!