Fallout 1.5: Journal of the Vault Dweller: (FO1 Spoiler)

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Raxian
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 1.5: Journal of the Vault Dweller: (FO1 Spoiler)

Post by Raxian »

"The Waste....some call it hell, others call it a haven. I call it my Teacher. I have learned so much here since 13. Ahh Vault 13. When I was a child, all I knew were computers, simulations, processed food, pouched and siphoned water, and what I thought was my family. How Naive and wrong I was."

Scratching an old wound, he continues...

"I remember the most demanding training I ever had there, were those blasted mechanical lifting machines. Sure, I got somewhat strong....but I was part of that whole Clean Process. I learned just as much as they wanted to keep people out, as much as keeping people in. To Sterile, to Surreal. I am actually thankful now I look back on that first day"

"We are in dire need...our water chip has just been blown. We will need to select someone for this task to find a new one. " ((enter the vault dweller))

I remember, a few supplies, and my crisp clean blue suit with bright yellow letterings, branding me as the Vault Dweller, 13. My Lucky Number. True it IS luck concidering Vault 12, and the others....My most nervous time was when I stepped into the air decom chamber, and that Thick, Metal Heavy Door Grinded Open. The Cave Air filling the corridor and my lungs. What a surreal smell that was. Thick, Organic, Real. I stepped outside...just to see my first Corpse! That was the moment I knew, my life had changed. Forever.

Poor Fellow. I did find a gun and some ammo. From the looks of it. I will need it. 5 steps...Just 5 steps and here I am...Coming across my First Life form outside the vault. A RAT! A dirty, Stinking, HUMONGOUS Rat. Irradiated and big enough to chomp my arm clean off.

How Embarrising. I did have combat training. But this was beyond any standard fighting....I laugh now because I can stomp on them. I met my Teacher then on out. Exiting the cave...and seeing the vast wasteland. Fortunately I had a direction, because seeing the ruins and the sands for the first time. I would have been completely lost.

Shady Sands...I was thirsty, Hungry, Tired...On my way to Vault 15, I noticed the first signs of civilization. Beyond Rat's, Scorpions *shuuder* and Those FAT PIG Like things...I was starting to wonder. At least with creatures so big...I found there was some untainted and unradiated food. Fortunately scientific discovery on Rad-Away (what a silly name) and Rad-X, allowed survival in the waste..but how PAINFUL that was...

The first signs of Civilization. I am so thankful that this was my first contact....I shudder to think if it was elsewhere. Cute Tandi. Spitfire she was. It was good to see SURVIVORS. I was still naive to think that this would have been Good news. A Good town. Decent food, and a simple life. I laugh thinking back on how Ian first looked...I almost shot him like a Rebel. But he had an adventuring Spirit. Almost as strong as mine. Great fighter, but sometimes his aim was a bit off" Chucking he nurses an old wound on his shoulder.

"I would have liked to stay there, actually. But for the events that followed. ...." a long pause....

"Things were better that I left. Shady was growing and Quickly...I learned a lot there. Fortunately with Ian to accompany me. He knew some of the routes and made fighting those scorps a bit easier. Lot's of Bandits and Raiders were around...but we found Vault 15...to our dismay, They were unfortunate to be shaken up by earthquakes and other natual incidences."

"Those next couple of years...was a blur...of guns blazing, and things that just got larger and larger and larger." Tossing a small empty vial across the room and smashing it. Just before the vial breaks, three letters on it FEV.

"Clearing our Raiders and trying to barter everything from Rad Tails to knives...I was able to save up some "Money" for gear (ahh How I wish I saved all those bottle soda's I had in the vault) I met My faithful companion Dogmeat " with a smile, and around the corner, as if on cue...the scruffy dog ran over and jumped into the vault dwellers lap.

Laughing and winking "Was definitely a trick to keep this one alive after all that happened. Especially the others...." almost losing himself in thought again he picks up a survival manual.

"Tycho, He knew more then this book could offer. Glad I met him in the midst of somesorta squabble at that time...Fortunately I found some more routes and was able to finally trade my crap for something decent."

Another quick laugh "All I do remember was a Lot of running, Lots of Radiation and Rad-Away Sickness, Saving those poor ghouls...a good reminder of how war can do things to you, And those other vaults. I didn't realize there were so many! I did find that stupid chip. When I visited..."Necropolis" (another laugh at a deliberate mispronounciation of the town. But thats when I met those Blasted Mutants! No offense Bobo.

In the Background you hear a gruffy "None taken Paps"

"Though it wasn't all that bad. I did eventually meet my wife...Katja. She helped me out against the Military Base and the Master. But at that point I was mostly in that slick Power Armor. I felt like a freaking Tank in that. I remember my first experience getting a Rocket blasted at me...and the explosion felt like a speed bump. I felt invincible...until those freakish large Energy Weapons came out...but..Mine was better" with that a wink and for the first time you realize that his left arm is resting on a modified Plasma Rifle, approximately close to the length of his body, with a strange contraption on it. Also that his feet are using a Gatling Laser as a foot rest.

I do regret leaving my companions for those major fights though....they were just going to die if I tried to handle the Master and the Military base. Byt my wife was key in finding out the weak places and I would not have been able to even face that monstrosity of a master" Just then the vault dweller takes out a beaker with the letters "FEV" on it and takes a big gulp.

A moment passes by and then laughter
"You didn't think this was FEV did you? I get them all the time with that trick...gaw...I am starting to sound like Harold!!! That old Codger, he owes me some money! I will have to visit him and Tandi when I get back down maybe stop at the brotherhood to get some supplies. Those guys were a definite life savor as well as the Gun Runners."

Visibly Shivering.

"Richard Grey...how could such a man turn into such a thing...I can never understand...but I am glad I took care of that problem. Not for the Vault...but for all of us. " Eyeing the Vault 13 suit, a smight shrug and a smirk.

"But enough of this area....Time for me to move on...to find a bigger teacher. Though Strangely enough, A few from the various towns I visited, wanted to come. A few Ghouls, even some waylayed Mutants! What a rag tag group.

I thought fighting the Master and those blasted Cathedral Children were bad. Once I decide to head north, I knew, my adventure just begone.... Truely it was unfortunate what happened to the Followers (Katja still has nightmares) and Most of Necropolis. Survival really. I thought about venturing further south beyond the Glow, But while I was there....it was difficult moving...and the further south I went...the more vast and hot it seemed. Not a viable option."

Packing a few more supplies. Heading North, to Cooler more isolated Land's is the key. Yes. We have to find a quiet isolated spot to carve out a bit of our own happiness. A Simple Life. Living off the land like I have learned so well. Ian and Tycho want to come with me. As well as Dogmeat" A quick Laugh
"Like this Mange would ever leave! Ready to go Scamp?" scruffing the main and looking over to Katja packing rations.

(Part 2. What? Another Vault 13 Suit? Wait..Why IS a mutant coming with me...and what the hell..a Rad Scorpion as a Portable Travel Uhal? Why not a Brahman?)((Hoped you like this install :))
FalloutDude
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FalloutDude »

Badass
Sincerely,
FalloutDude
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Something for the influenced mind. :drunk:
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

No chance of another? :sadblinky:
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

HAhahaha i guess not, hello old me!
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Antimeasure
Strider
Strider

Post by Antimeasure »

"HELLO IMA VAULTDWELLER! HEAR ME! CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!"

to be continued
I like my women as i like my whiskey. Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

'oompa oompa' shouted the creature of the night: the mad onanist ronald.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
lizardking
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lizardking »

cool shit man
wilderness of pain
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

through the wastes I ride, shotgun by my side :)
Naked_Lunch

Post by Naked_Lunch »

waiting for the summer rain?
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Antimeasure wrote:"HELLO IMA VAULTDWELLER! HEAR ME! CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK!"

to be continued
i am still waiting. :sadblinky:
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

Cool good read. When we're going to see another chapter?

(Oh, and by the way - I'm Slaughter_Manslaught, and I'm new here.)
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

where is this onslought of brazilians coming from?

addendum: shit, guess i answered my own question.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

atoga wrote:where is this onslought of brazilians coming from?

I lol'd a little
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Jesus Christ wrote:
atoga wrote:where is this onslought of brazilians coming from?

I lol'd a little
Onslaught of Brazilian? Name a few, I may know them.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

not enough samurai bukkake. :wakarimasu_hai:
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

You know, we have this little brazilian Fallout community, Vault of Broken Dreams. Some of us have good english skills, and we decided to pester you here. :drunk:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Hello Brazilian guys.

I guess you aren't the same guys we pissed off about 6 months ago.

(They were Spanish speakers, not Portuguese.)

I should go dig up that thread. It was funny in the "stupid funny" kind of way.

"Indignacion por los comentarios" above my avatar was actually the title of a thread on their forum.

:drunk:
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thanks fer da welcome.

LOL, I think they where from Argentina.

And no, I know shit 'bout Spanish.

And where I can find that thread? I want to laugh a little at our possible neighoboors's expense.
where is this onslought of brazilians coming from?

Well, just to you don't see us as evil slugish fellas, I'll help ye find us with this lil' cozy map thingie:

There's the entire south america here. Fairly easy to find the spot.

AND no one's going to continue 'dis fic? I liked it.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

This thread spoiled Fallout for me. Damn you all to hell.
Our Host!