Can't get to Tandi in the NCR... Her doorman left!!!

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
marshaul
SDF!
SDF!

Can't get to Tandi in the NCR... Her doorman left!!!

Post by marshaul »

I decided to give Fallout 2 another run-through the other day, and have encountered something I have never before!

When I first came to NCR, I forgot (as I always do) that the Sheriff is just another cop on a street corner (I always think is Deputy is the real guy), and went straight to Tandi's office. When I got there, the first guy (NOT Gunthar) who you must convince to let you through would only tell me to go away.

Then, as I sat contemplating what to do, he walks off out of the area! Later on, after I spoke to the sheriff, and had done quite a number of other tasks, he still hasn't returned! I cannot get through the door to talk to Gunthar (much less Tandi). The door cannot be lockpicked (you can lock, and then unluck it, independently of the REAL lock), and any attempts to bloor it open result in war with the police! I even tried using superstimpacks to kill the three cops in the room, planting the bomb, and then leaving NCR entirely for the explosion. Every time, when I return, and despite the fact that no one was actually injured in the blast, I get attacked.

How can I get through this door? Where might have Tandi's secretary's secretary have gone? Is there a way to set off a bomb without being attacked for it? Is there a way to teleport a few hexes, perhaps by editing the savegame file?

Or any other way? I have never been so confounded by a wooden door, in this game, ever!!! :anger:
A_M
Respected
Respected

Post by A_M »

Try to hit the door with a sledge hammer, maybe they will break.Or use a crowbar on em (do it the same way like you load the car with cells). If your strenght is high enough, the door might let go. Sadly this does not work for all the doors, but ye could give it a try.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Have you told Gunther about Feargus being a spy?
marshaul
SDF!
SDF!

Post by marshaul »

The sledgehammer doesn't work, nor the crobar.

I cannot speak the Gunther, because the door to his room is locked! The guy who is supposed to let me in to talk to Gunther dipped out and dudn't come back.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Try getting a rocket launcher, enter combat, and fire it at the door.
FalloutDude
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FalloutDude »

sneak place dynamite or if that doesnt work: Sneak lockpick and if that doesnt work: reload and if that doesnt work start over!
Sincerely,
FalloutDude
Our Host!