Destoryable Doors

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Destoryable Doors

Post by Amaru »

I've downloaded the Destoryable Doors sprites pack and created a new door entititie with the Destoryable Door sprite... But how do I get it to be destroyed ? Did I create the wrong entitie for it ?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

You need to tick the box 'can break' in the entity editor.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

thx
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Is there any way to make the door a target ? So you can shoot it ?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Nope.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Then how can i destory the door ?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

With explosives, actually this can be really annoying as there's no way to determine how much explosives you need to kill a door. So any weapon that does explosive damage will destroy your door from a frag grenade, c4 or even a rocket, the annoying part is a lowly grenade can take out a reinforced steel door.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

So basicly you have to aim your shot close to the door to destory it...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Yep, though in later missions or where you might find a stronger metal door I'd limit the grenades available to those that don't do explosive damage so the player needs to find some dynamite or c4.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Another option would be to make your Frag. Grenades do simple Normal Damage. This would solve both the destroyable door dillema as well as keeping the weapon in line with the RPG's stats. (If'n ya don't believe me, use the FO2 editor to check the grenades and you'll see that they do indeed do Normal damage.)

Viele Gruesse Aus Deutschland!

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Or rename gas to frag and use that for grenades, better to move FOT away from the rpgs.

How goes it anyway.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Or rename gas to frag and use that for grenades, better to move FOT away from the rpgs.

How goes it anyway.
Well, as you can tell by my very sporadic posting, I've been rather busy of late. Lots and lots to do. My main focus right now is trying to get my Expert Infantry Badge (EIB), then my next priority is to make my Sergeant's stripes back, hopefully by December. (You can probably guess that I've not gotten a computer yet, too... :( )

So how are things w/you?

OTB
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

OnTheBounce wrote:My main focus right now is trying to get my Expert Infantry Badge (EIB)
So how many miles do you have to hump to earn that? Sounds like an overgrown cub scout. :) Good luck

OnTheBounce wrote:So how are things w/you?
Fine thanks, after probably the longest realty transaction ever, I finally sold my place. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of FOT modding so I can finish off this darn campaign before the year is out.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Hey, OTB, it's a surprise to see you around.
Wish you luck for the things you're after currently.

flamescreen
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:So how many miles do you have to hump to earn that? Sounds like an overgrown cub scout. :) Good luck
There's a required 12-mile road march which has to be completed in full "battle rattle" plus a 35-pound ruck, and in 3 hours or less. It took me two tries to complete, since I petered out at the 10-mile mark and ended up coming in at 3:13. The second try I made it in 2:58:10, stopping 5 meters shy of the finish line and "low crawling" over the line. The sad thing is that I remember when I could do it in 2:36, but I'm not as young as I used to be and there's still plenty of room for improvement in the physical condition department...

I've done the march a couple of times since, going out to pace/motivate people. I've a couple of reasons for doing it. For one, I enjoy helping my fellow soldiers. For two, it's one of those things they look for when it comes time to recommend people for the Sergeant's board and it's definitely been getting me noticed. Last, but not least, I actually enjoy this sort of thing. There's nothing like humping along sweating, out of breath and verging on swooning to remind you that you're still alive... :lol:

requiem wrote:...[A]fter probably the longest realty transaction ever, I finally sold my place. I'm just trying to get back into the swing of FOT modding so I can finish off this darn campaign before the year is out.
I'm glad to hear you're finally past that. It was starting to remind me of another epic real-estate transaction back in 1183 BC. You know, the Siege of Troy...

Good luck getting your campaign out. I'm not sure I'll have a comp by then, but if nothing else I'll dl it on my buddy's laptop and burn it so that it'll be waiting for me when I do get one. I'd like to get one tomorrow, but I need to get some debts paid off ASAP so that my money is mine again and I've no obligations hanging over my head. (My primary reason for donning the ol' monkey suit again!) Not to mention that being in Schweinfurt means that I'm in the backwater of the US military presence in Europe. I'll probably have to hop a train to Wuerzburg in order to get a comp from a "real" Post Exchange, which this place is sorely lacking...
flamescreen wrote:Hey, OTB, it's a surprise to see you around.
Wish you luck for the things you're after currently.
Thanks flamescreen! Good luck to you, as well!

Well gentlemen, I've come to that point in my Saturday night where I have to decide whether/where/how I'm going to get trashed. Good luck and keep fighting the good fight.

Cheers,

OTB
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

is there any way to give a door more HPs?
does this work
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

OnTheBounce wrote:There's nothing like humping along sweating, out of breath and verging on swooning to remind you that you're still alive... :lol:
You know there's another sweaty, humping, out of breath way to get that feeling and it's got to be a lot more pleasurable. :pelvic_thrust: Good to hear you're having fun anyway.
OnTheBounce wrote:Good luck getting your campaign out. I'm not sure I'll have a comp by then, but if nothing else I'll dl it on my buddy's laptop and burn it so that it'll be waiting for me when I do get one.
I've just got a new pc and it's a choice of finishing the campaign on one hand and playing new games on the other. At the moment the other hand is winning, but I've been ill recently and probably the only way I'm going to finish it is to cut it down again. So two maps I was relying on other people for, and one filler map will get ditched leaving 6 missions and one bunker. I've got 3 done, 2 nearly finished (just need to do finish off the detail work) and one mission and the bunker to do. Then I'll need someone to make 30 odd inventory and weapon sprites for me (oh why did I decide to set it in WW2?)
fallout ranger wrote:is there any way to give a door more HPs?
Nope, but it's not the amount of damage that destroys the door, just the damage type explode. If you had a grenade that did 0 damage but set to explode it would still kill the door.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

yeah, that's the problem.
does this work
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

As stated before, all you can do is make grenades do normal damage, or if you want them to have a little more punch rename gas or one of the other damage types and use that instead of explode.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:You know there's another sweaty, humping, out of breath way to get that feeling and it's got to be a lot more pleasurable. :pelvic_thrust: Good to hear you're having fun anyway.
Well, according to my comrades here I'm too old for that sort of thing. ;)

Of course, I'll be doing my damndest later tonight to try and prove them wrong, but that's another story... :eyebrow: (I like German women a lot more than American ones...it's an Oedipal thing...)
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:...I'll need someone to make 30 odd inventory and weapon sprites for me (oh why did I decide to set it in WW2?)
Well, if I had a comp and my library here I'd do it for you, but that's not the case. But if I get the chance to lend a hand I'll let you know.
fallout ranger wrote:is there any way to give a door more HPs?
Like Req said there's no way to give a door more HPs. However, you can always set up a barricade using a destroyable door sprite, and set the HPs and DT/DR to whatever you like. While this would yield something like the door in FO2's Temple of Trials it might be what you're looking for.

Cheers and take care the lot of you!

OTB
Our Host!