NOT WORKING: Sentury Mode

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

NOT WORKING: Sentury Mode

Post by Amaru »

I'm trying to get NPC's to join the squad for a certain mission, this works with the triggers but as soon as the NPC joins the squad I can not change his Sentury Mode to agressive or Defensive... Could anyone explain how to fix this ?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

It's a known bug, if you save the game after they join the player and then reload it'll clear up and you can change their sentry mode. The only other workarounds are have the npc join in a neutral map before you get to the mission, because going to the world map clears it. Or you can start the npc off on player index 1 and have a trigger at the start of the map that changes them to the npc player index until the player recruits them. The only trouble with this is there's another bug that prevents any actor that has been under the player's index from following waypoints once they are back under computer control. Again there's ways around this using clones but it all starts to get complicated.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

I'll use the save/reload option then... sounds the moest easiest and most effective.

I'll add the sollution to my readme / bug report for the project.

Thx.
Our Host!