Favorite Tractor

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What's your favorite tractor?

John Deere
26%
Fiat
No votes
Massey-Ferguson
5%
Ford
11%
International
5%
Belarus
No votes
Zetor
11%
Valtra Valmet
11%
New Holland
11%
Ursus
No votes
Same
No votes
Deutz
No votes
Case
21%
McGormick
No votes

Total votes: 19

Kashluk

Favorite Tractor

Post by Kashluk »

What's your favorite tractor? Vote and describe your "loved one(s)". If the list is missing the tractor you like the most, post it here - i'll add it to the list later.

My favorite tractor would be New Holland at the moment. Although my two darlings are Fiat 110/90 -88 and New Holland M135 -98. 110-Fiat is the toughest tractor ever built. The fact, that it's been built exactly the same for 15 years must tell something... I like the M135 just for the looks, power and highly developed technology.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Um... I like yellow tractors. I don't know any more about them than that. :oops:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Where do you live in? I could give you some directions based on that info :)
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hey New Holland recently bought out the J.I. Case factory here where I live so now they are making some CNH tractors and other equipment here too. Not that I ever have used them but I liked Allis Chalmers tractors. I prefer construction equipment, most notably the 990 series end loader.

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Are you guys going to vote for anything?? :?

And yes, I know New Holland bought Case. Actually Fiat united with Ford and formed New Holland. And Ford bought International, so... :D

JUST VOTE!
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Case.

My best tractor story involves me, a heavy duty chain, a VW beetle with siezed up axles and a big beastly case tractor. Chain through the one window of the VW, out the other, tied to the back of the tractor. I then dragged it to get scrapped. It's hard to see just how fun that sort of experience can be until you've done it yourself.

Oh and there was a girl at my high school whose nickname was Tractor, because she was built like a tractor and had all the subtlety of one.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

John Deere definitely... :mrgreen: I love that tractor... ;) My best tractor memory involves my father's John Deere, me, my girlfriend and a quiet, undisturbed place with a nice view... :mrgreen: :P

Nah, only j/k... I don't have a gf... :( As a matter of fact I don't have any good tractor memories either... :|
Fallout Forever!
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

John Deere, because they developed and patented a way to bend steel tubing without putting a crease in it.
------------------
Chris(is evil)
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Chris(is evil) »

I went to a party once in a tractor. It was red and it was cool thats all i know about it lol :lol:
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i like the yellow ones... nice, big, pushy, i like 'em

i had no idea there are more out there...
Hello New Jersey
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hm... Many of you dudes seem to like the yellow ones... Well, just vote for McGormick / International and you're getting close :?

And St. -> Did you know that New Holland was the first to build a tractor with a rear axle which doesn't need oil as a lubricant? It only has two greasevalves and definately won't leak oil when the it's shaking....
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Tunge se massikkasi hanuriisi ja tuu pois sielta paskan keskelta.
Vaikkapa kirkonkylalle harjoittelemaan amiselkeita. Vai onko
se hankkijan lippis jo liimaantunut liian syvalle?
Hah?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

:shocked!:

Oh, Dear Lord where the hell did you pick that from!?!?
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Kashluk wrote::shocked!:

Oh, Dear Lord where the hell did you pick that from!?!?
A Finnish colleague of mine whose Dad used to import John Deere tractors into Finnland......he thought you'd get it if you're from a farming background.

He said is was something rude about Massey Fergusson tractors and older country people who all wear the same hat....I think...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Phew, Vik! You already got me scared for a while! :o Damn, I thought YOU TOO were finnish! Thank God, you told me the truth! And yup, the message was delivered pretty well :?
Viktor wrote:Tunge se massikkasi hanuriisi ja tuu pois sielta paskan keskelta.
Vaikkapa kirkonkylalle harjoittelemaan amiselkeita. Vai onko
se hankkijan lippis jo liimaantunut liian syvalle?
Hah?
That means quite the same as this:

"Thrust your MF up your ass and get off from that pile of shit you're in. Go to the town and practice some professionschool gestures. Or has the Hankkija* - cap been glued too deep?"

*) Hankkija is (or was? can't remember...) one of the largest agri-machine importers in Finland. They have these caps, with the nice Hankkija-logo :D I think even I have one :wink:
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Kashluk wrote:
That means quite the same as this:

"Thrust your MF up your ass and get off from that pile of shit you're in. Go to the town and practice some professionschool gestures. Or has the Hankkija* - cap been glued too deep?"

*) Hankkija is (or was? can't remember...) one of the largest agri-machine importers in Finland. They have these caps, with the nice Hankkija-logo :D I think even I have one :wink:
He said you'd probably have one if you were a country boy! He also said something about the Finnish word for accordion being slang for asshole.....I think.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, he sure does seem to *know* me well :) we have ONE massey-ferguson... It's 35x (35 horses) and it sucks ass. Back from the 60's it is.

And yes, hanuri is a slang word for asshole 8O
K~G~T
SDF!
SDF!

Post by K~G~T »

I myself, I don't even own a cap, not an Hankkija cap or any sort of an cap althougether. And we haven't got a tractor, either...

I'm such a city-boy. 8O
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Zetor. Zetor 4evar. The company is almost dead now, but they used to make the l337est tractors this side of the Berlin Wall.

(Their website sucks, though. http://www.zetor.cz/ )
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hm... Ok, our czech dude voted for Zetor... Now we'll just wait that our polish buddies vote for Ursus :D
Our Host!