Liam Neeson cast as father in Fallout 3 and New Concept Art!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

someone mentioned music (Knee-son and Perlman already covered) - don't you think the music at Fo3 site is fuckin silly pompous?
ixg
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ixg »

The music is what outraged me first
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Why is nobody discussing the Washington DC art? Or are they and I just missed it? Anyway, I really was hoping for the NY area in the game.. Washington DC isnt that interesting. It seems like the game will take place in the Maryland, Virginia area.
Perhaps Richmond and/or Baltimore will also be included.. I really wanna hear how large the world is gonna be.

I like Liam Neeson alot. He was good in Batman, Schindler's List, Darkman, and I think he could fit into Fallout perfectly. The dad thing is a little corny. If I don't have the option of killing him right off the bat, its just not a Fallout game.

The music is still goofy.

P.S. I'll try that Ron Pearlman "This is Fallout!" comic, but I'm now working on a four page Fallout comic that features a penis and a possible rape (It should be fun) and this wierd soldier-pigs comic. School is almost over so time is becoming abundant.
Last edited by Dogmeatlives on Wed May 09, 2007 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Thanks for censoring me, cocktease. Way to ruin Duck and Cover.

Regardless, why has discussion gone on this long? Ron Perlman has to do the intro, and whoever the hell his name was isn't even a blip on my radar. And again, as I said, father-son(daughter) relationships bore me for reasons already mentioned.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Oh I agree that Ron Pearlman NEEDS to do the intro! The only thing we can hope is that the father isn't with you the whole game.

I could see him maybe as a side character that you run into at important parts in the story-line, or as the vault over-seer that stays in a vault and talks to you through the pip-boy. The latter would be much worse. I do not want daddy checking up all the fucking time..
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

jetbaby wrote:Thanks for censoring me, cocktease. Way to ruin Duck and Cover.
Follow the rules, or don't post. Those are your choices.
The only things ruining DAC are racial and sexual slurs.
This is the only forum that's directly connected ot the outside world, so keep this part relatively clean. The rest of the forums? Go ahead.
Testicular Pugilist
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Smiley wrote:Follow the rules, or don't post.
Ru....ru-lezzzz? What are these.....Ru-lezzzz?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Although I highly doubt it, father could be a reference to a religious cult. Which although would be interesting, I doubt Bethsoft would have figured out something so imaginative.
What still concerns me is I'm not seeing much 'Fallout' yet. The concept arts are pretty, the music's decent, but neither of them say to me anything more than 'post apocalyptic'. I want to see something that says 'fallout' now.
I slightly disagree. It looks post apoc at least, and I think they're trying to make do with what they have (lol?). From the similar carvings on the wall of the canyon to the original concept art to Arroyo, to the contrast to this concept art to the introduction to the original fallout. It just seems to be a bit darker, and it's just not ruined enough. I wouldn't expect many monuments to be standing after a nuclear war, least of all a capital. 'specially when it's been... what? 80+ years afterwards?
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

I'm gonna buy it and play it no matter what, it IS after all, a Fallout game.

As far as Liam Neilson goes, this doesn't sound good, it sounds too Elder Scrolls-ish. I hope you get the option of blowing him away and I hope announcing his voice is strictly a PR thing and not one of the games major feature. It doen't help of him being your father, but I need more info on the game itself before I jump to conclusions.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

I just realised... The website is "fallout.bethesda.com" and the title text says "Fallout: Welcome to the Official Site".

Why is there no "3" in any of those mummy?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Im still declaring this game shit til proven wrong, and I hope Im wrong.

I doubt Im wrong tho.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

They probably don't have Fallout 3, because they want to keep the site open for Fallout 4, 5, 6 etc. It's just Bethesdas Fallout page.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
PiP

Post by PiP »

Stainless wrote: I wouldn't expect many monuments to be standing after a nuclear war, least of all a capital.
that's exactly what I thought.

I mean WTF, there was a nuclear war, right? They bombed the cities with toys that were dozens times stronger than those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, right? So why does the capitol look like after just some conventional bombing? I bet this Washington looks more or less like Dresden looked after American bombing in WW2. Lemme check.

Almost right. Maybe not the whole Washington, but the capitol definitely. look:

Or like Warsaw after Germans were through:
ImageImage

So if Fo3 is post-NUCLEAR, adjust the degree of damage FFS! :gnasher:
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

I think people complaining about the damage are missing the point. If you want to go down that path, nothing should be left standing anywhere in any of the Fallout's. Then you wouldn't have any of the half-standing rubble buildings that Fallout was littered with (or the Cathedral - anyone explain how that one survived?).
PiP wrote:I mean WTF, there was a nuclear war, right? They bombed the cities with toys that were dozens times stronger than those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, right?
Nope. 1950's alternate universe shizzam. 1950's = Fat Man and Little Boy = Hiroshima.

If you google for Hiroshima images then for all of the flatness, you still find the odd building that's still standing - albeit half blown away.

SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The point remains, however, that the plot isn't going to take place on the west coast. Honestly though, if it takes place on the east coast there shouldn't be super mutants because the only vats of FEV were on the west coast and they are by-products of a direct dip. Ghouls would probably be common though since they're results from all the radiation. However, the lack of it being even relatively out west conflicts with with the setting. There also shouldn't be power armor unless another group similar to the pre-war Brotherhood existed, and even then what are the chances that they managed to keep their armor around for this long? It's amazing that the brotherhood managed to keep their energy weapons powered as long as they are. The capital building shouldn't be standing, it would have been a prime target, wouldn't it? And even if it did manage to withstand the explosion and not be disintegrated, after +180 years (because Bethesda themselves said it takes place around 10 years after FO2) wouldn't you think that a building made primarily out of wood without being maintained for so long would remain erect? Skyscrapers are one thing but come on! The whole vibe that I'm getting from the page alone is telling me that this isn't going to be worth playing.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I think people complaining about the damage are missing the point. If you want to go down that path, nothing should be left standing anywhere in any of the Fallout's. Then you wouldn't have any of the half-standing rubble buildings that Fallout was littered with (or the Cathedral - anyone explain how that one survived?).
Well, if you think about it, why wouldn't you wipe the capital off the face of the planet? I'm just wondering why would something as important, as say, the capitol building is still standing. It'd make sense to aim an extra one or two nukes at it just to blow it to smithereens! And just leave the rest of the country to your dirt average nukage.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Stainless wrote:
Well, if you think about it, why wouldn't you wipe the capital off the face of the planet? I'm just wondering why would something as important, as say, the capitol building is still standing. It'd make sense to aim an extra one or two nukes at it just to blow it to smithereens! And just leave the rest of the country to your dirt average nukage.
The thing is the countrys a big place.

Lots of the dammage seen in FO was from 'light' bombing and the dammage of time.

Shady sands- mudbrick buildings

Junktown- Junked buildings / shacks made from junk

BoS- Secret bunker that DIDNT get hit (presumebly, the glow was kinda like it but bigger on the surface)

V15- A tin shack is all thats left on top of it.

Khans- one damaged building, and tents

Necropolis- city took a close hit, or possibly a direct hit, with dammage thruout (leaving the few buildins standing as those in the maps in the game, but you have to consider the map pic for the place)

Hub- reletivley undammaged, water tower still standing, wasnt directly targeted.

military base- wasnt targeted, damage of the years outside thats it

Adytum LA- took hits, buildings severly dammaged in some places, with some survival, but once again must assume area was on hte outskirts of the blast radius of a hit

Cathedral LA- reletivley undamaged, plus quite possible master had it repaired some as well.

Glow- Actual prime target. Hardend bunker penertrated by a direct hit, incinerated bodies left behind.

FO2 (less reliable for setting........)

Arroyo- Tent village, doesnt count for dammage

Klamath- light damage, could have been as much from post nuke activity and weather as anything else. Has a few buildings from scrap

Den- same as above

Redding- not too much damage from the war itself it seems, just weather dammage, still a few shacks from scrap as I recall

Modoc- mixture of mudbrick, a few still standing structures, and shackss, an example of a 'rebuilt' town.

Gecko- wasnt a city before the war, pretty much just a lot of shacks put together.

New Reno- As it says when you first enter the place, it was lucky iwth the nukes, but the ravages of time, looting, and people that didnt care living there has damaged the place further.

Broken Hills- Example of a former uranium mine site (the processing equiptment was there for a reason afterall) that was turned into a city. Wasnt hit hardly any if at all in the war.

NCR- Post war settlement of mudbrick and scrap shacks.

San Fran- One area near the watterfront survived with less dammage, possibly just pure luck, its assumed most of the rest of the city is gone.

Vault City- wasnt a city before the war. Mudbrick + shacks

Now, also, in BOTH games when you have random encounters within a 'city' area on the map, you encounter just ruined burnt out buildings with only a few walls left, thats what most of the country is reduced to in urban areas, with the maps in FO being the few survivng areas (and few of thsoe are purley post war, or a mix or psot war, construction)
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Actually, the Catheral was constructed after the War by Master's followers, according to the Fallout Bible timeline.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Ah ok, lol. That explains that then.

As for actual dammage in the LA Area......... Ill let the picture speak for me.

PiP

Post by PiP »

Stainless wrote: I'm just wondering why would something as important, as say, the capitol building is still standing. It'd make sense to aim an extra one or two nukes at it just to blow it to smithereens!
ditto. DU must've missed the point - perhaps because of my being too general about 'more damage'.
Ausir wrote:Actually, the Catheral was constructed after the War by Master's followers, according to the Fallout Bible timeline.
point Ausir.
Our Host!