Mac or PC?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Mac or PC?

Mac
19%
PC
81%

Total votes: 21

MacUser4Life
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MacUser4Life »

Hmm.. at my friends house he has something around 3.0 ghz computer with the highest amount of ram you can get. Best graphics card and best everything. Not sure if you can get higher, didn't know if there was a specific PC website. His computer seems as fast as 1 or 2 ghz mac with a g4 processor. I also got confirmed from a reliable source that if a 4 ghz PC with a P4 processor would seem to be about the same speed of a 2 ghz G4 processor. He uses both PCs and Macs, so don't whine about him being a Mac fan. With the new G5 Dual 2 ghz Mac computer coming out, it will be high and mighty. go to http://www.apple.com/g5/ to see it's specs.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

what do you even do with all that power on a mac?

i would say 3dsmax but i dont even think that has a mac version.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

It probably does. It has lightwave I think. And maya at least. So it can do 3d stuff, but there's no recent games made specifically for it, ever.
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

MacUser4Life wrote: I also got confirmed from a reliable source that if a 4 ghz PC with a P4 processor would seem to be about the same speed of a 2 ghz G4 processor. With the new G5 Dual 2 ghz Mac computer coming out, it will be high and mighty. go to http://www.apple.com/g5/ to see it's specs.
Hmmm... and how many thousands of dollars will this G5 cost? :shock: Which "reliable source" did you get that a 3.06=1 or 2 ghz on mac?
nd even then, that's with an MS OS! how can you compare a third tier PC OS to mac's 1st (albeit only) tier?
Oh and BTW how Safari faster than IE if the entire holdup is invariably server-side, not client-side?
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
MacUser4Life
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MacUser4Life »

I do not really fucking care how much money it costs. I would rather vomit 100 times in the toilet in one day and blow all my money the G5 than buy a PC at $500. And dude, this topic is pretty old in my opinion *cough*2weeks*cough* and the reliable source is a person who has a masters degree in computer science. And about the money, just ask yourself this question: Would I rather have a computer that is cool looking, fast, and reliable? OR Would I have a computer that is just as fast, bad processor, and is liable to crash and burn at any moment(exaggeration, but I wish it would happen). I mean I know it comes at a lower price which is an advantage, but are you sure it comes with features and reliability. I could pick any forum I wanted and I picked this bag full of shit for a site. As a closing statement, I would like to say I hope you change your opinion and at least say both computers are equal and should be treated equal. Fuck every single member and/or moderator who thinks macs are load of shit and I shall still respect the people who understand that both computers are good. I shall completely understand if you ban me, because you are worthless scumbags who want no part in Macs at all. I hope every Mac hater will burn in hell. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
If you send me spam email I will block your email address
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

This shit is really, really cute. I was expecting to have to wasterland this from day one.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Bloodgeon11
Vault Scion
Vault Scion
Location: this great country of bombing the crap out of others

Post by Bloodgeon11 »

well, we're waiting...

sorry, wrong link :oops:
"Science fiction wiggers" is my new favorite phrase.

"You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
-"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."
-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

MacUser4Life wrote:I do not really fucking care how much money it costs. I would rather vomit 100 times in the toilet in one day and blow all my money the G5 than buy a PC at $500. And dude, this topic is pretty old in my opinion *cough*2weeks*cough* and the reliable source is a person who has a masters degree in computer science. And about the money, just ask yourself this question: Would I rather have a computer that is cool looking, fast, and reliable? OR Would I have a computer that is just as fast, bad processor, and is liable to crash and burn at any moment(exaggeration, but I wish it would happen). I mean I know it comes at a lower price which is an advantage, but are you sure it comes with features and reliability. I could pick any forum I wanted and I picked this bag full of shit for a site. As a closing statement, I would like to say I hope you change your opinion and at least say both computers are equal and should be treated equal. Fuck every single member and/or moderator who thinks macs are load of shit and I shall still respect the people who understand that both computers are good. I shall completely understand if you ban me, because you are worthless scumbags who want no part in Macs at all. I hope every Mac hater will burn in hell.
Uh huh. Maybe you could try some hobbies? Bowling is good...
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Macs are nice if you like making muzak or pretty pictures
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Ooh! pretty pictures... me leik teh pretty pictures! me leikie teh macientoshy!
KillaKilla's logic:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Well I'd probably buy one if I could afford it, a laptop maybe, the latency is pretty über
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Lasse wrote:Well I'd probably buy one if I could afford it, a laptop maybe, the latency is pretty über
Haw does mac/PC make a difference in lag? all the lag is caused by the other end! (unless they have a T1 or >) if your 'net goes faster than your home machine, then you either need to A. stop paying $800/mo. for a T1, or take some of your tokin' cash and buy a Pentium 166 mhz processor!
KillaKilla's logic:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Killa-Killa wrote:
Lasse wrote:Well I'd probably buy one if I could afford it, a laptop maybe, the latency is pretty über
Haw does mac/PC make a difference in lag? all the lag is caused by the other end! (unless they have a T1 or >) if your 'net goes faster than your home machine, then you either need to A. stop paying $800/mo. for a T1, or take some of your tokin' cash and buy a Pentium 166 mhz processor!
...I'm talking about digital audio processing, not Counter-Strike.

PC vs Mac arguments are as bad as Coca Cola vs Pepsi arguments, just use what ever you happen to like and what best suits your needs
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

but pepsi has a lower sodium level, more fizzier and lower in sugar, while tasting better then cola.

though just-cola is very cheap and tastes like rusty ashtrays and seems more addictive.
Last edited by Megatron on Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

HEY FUCK YOU SCUMBAG PEPSI TASTES LIKE MOUTH WATER WITH SPERM
JUST COLA FOR LIFE
AND WHAT THE FUCKS A PI
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

18 and life

fo lief
:chew:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I hope every Mac hater will burn in hell.
I hate Macs but don't bother cursing me because I'm already damned to hell! :D
fuck
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

stfu bitches mac gaming is uberkewl
check it out: http://www.lamerkatz.com/webvoid/issue13/1.shtml
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Pointless discussion. Both have their advantadges, none of them are the "best"...

They each have their specialized area, but I think the real discussion would come down to Windows vs. the Apple OS'...

In which I think Apple were the best to begin with, their operating system obviously the best.
Windows began with 3.1 which could a third of what my black & white Mac os could, by that I mean customization, and running applications without fault and so on...

Since then, the mac OS has faltered and decayed, become a windows-wannabe...! Ironic since windows is a copy of the mac-concept.

Windows today has become somewhat stabile and I'm not complaining about XP half as much as I did before with 98 and 95...

Mac's are not for gaming, they're for corporations that don't want fuss with their systems and want a clean and clear working enviroment.

PC's with Windows are for the home, entertainment and for my mom's solitaire-needs.

PC's with Linux are for bigtime servers at ISP's and so on.
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!