128 bits console wars !

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What 128 bits console you are going to buy ?

Nintendo Gamecube
33%
Xbox
25%
Playstation 2
42%

Total votes: 12

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

TheReaper wrote:I already own a PS2 and Gamecube. I don't really want to spend money on the X-box as there is only one game I like the look of for it. Bit of a waste of a few hundred pounds for one game.
If you're talking about Halo, it's coming out on PC.

I have a ps2, but mostly use it as a dvd player.
:chew:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Pyro wrote:If you're talking about Halo, it's coming out on PC.
I know that. I was talking about Hunter. But I don't think I'll bother with that and just wait until Remedy get Halo out. It's in good hands, Remedy made Max Payne :D
Davide wrote:I didn't like the story.
Ah, never seen the story before really. Now that I think about it, the whole series seems very inconsistent. I prefer being an adult Link as opposed to being the child all the time. Zelda 64 Ocarina of Time is the only Zelda game to feature adult link.

I'm looking forward to 4 Gamecube games really. Metroid Prime (Samus rules), Turok Evolution, Starfox Adventures, Legend of Zelda.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

If you were to ask my SO what gaming console he'd like to buy & soon will, that would be a PS2. Then I shall have the pleasure of watching him play GT2 & replay Medal of Honor instead of my favorite TV shows(news & cop shows), on the other hand, that means more computer time for me. :D
Last console games I really enjoyed were way back on the Nintendo: Tetris, Shingen the Ruler & um :oops: Lee Travino's Fighting Golf.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Yeah, Tetris is one of the best games ever, if not the number one already.

Besides, I doubt Halo will be on the PC. Well, it probably will, but do you think that Microsoft will make their flagship Xbox game better on a secondary system (PC) than on their own console? The odds of that are very low. Halo for the PC will be relatively dissapointing. Of course, some might call me pessimistic, but if you keep low expectations, you will never be disappointed. :P
fuck
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Actually, Halo is a definate PC release. Remedy have already started converting it and it's due for release sometime mid-2003. It will be better because there are options you can change on the PC to make it far exceed the graphics of the X-box version.

If you ask me though, Unreal 2 and Doom 3 will knock the polyester pants off anything that the X-box even attempts to do.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Unreal Warfare and Doom 3 and Deus Ex 2 will kill any X Box attmept.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

unreal warfare?

eh?

There Unreal 2 (the single-player one) and Unreal tournament 2003 (multiplayer)

unreal warfare is probably just another name given to ut03. But i'm probably wrong, so gimme a link.

Im looking forward to doom 3. w00. It's almost photo quality.

I'm not that bothered about deus ex 2. I might get it, but I won't be rushing to get the first version the day it comes out. (Or if the black market augs are funny I may get it)
Last edited by Megatron on Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

vote: option 4. NONE.

my computer sw0nez them all.

kthxbi.

:mad: :evil: :twisted:
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i own a gamecube

it only came with one controler, i had to buy another one, AND a memory card

it was mighty expensive
Hello New Jersey
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Pyro wrote:unreal warfare?

eh?

There Unreal 2 (the single-player one) and Unreal tournament 2003 (multiplayer)

unreal warfare is probably just another name given to ut03. But i'm probably wrong, so gimme a link.

Im looking forward to doom 3. w00. It's almost photo quality.

I'm not that bothered about deus ex 2. I might get it, but I won't be rushing to get the first version the day it comes out. (Or if the black market augs are funny I may get it)

thats the pig demon... they realy fucked him up, he used to look alot more cute
Hello New Jersey
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

TG: What size card did you get? I had to do the same and got an 8mb card. All the Doom mosters have been fucked with to make them more sinister.

Pyro: Unreal Warfare is what the X-box is getting and it will be online only. Unreal Tournament 2003 will be for the PC and be single player as well.

DX: Very true, the PC can generate images the X-box can't even dream of.

I've seen pics of the Imp from Doom 3 8O 8O 8O 8O it's scary to just look at the photos.

All games have a slogan. ID have release Doom 3's slogan as: "We're going to scare the shit out of you."
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

what memory card? dunno... there's more then one type?

has any of you seen the doom3 trailer? the making, the monsters.... it was pretty sweet
Hello New Jersey
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Eh, I would have seen the trailor for D3, except that my connection is so crappy. I have seen the pics, and those are pretty sweet. The concept art is damn good too.
fuck
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

the guardian wrote:what memory card? dunno... there's more then one type?

has any of you seen the doom3 trailer? the making, the monsters.... it was pretty sweet
Yeah, there are different makes, but that doesn't really make any difference. But there are two different sizes. 4mb and 8mb. 8mb ones last longer than 4mb but the 8mb are more expensive. What colour is your Gamecube and controller?

I've seen the Doom 3 trailer... 8O I can't believe that's a game and not a film 8O
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Well, I am skeptical about Doom 3. Doom, as a rule, is about mowing down hordes of demons.... which would be lost if they make it some horror game with a plot. I'll have and see, I guess. It probably will turn out to be a good game, but not in the way Doom/2 were. :x
fuck
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Have you ever played Serious Sam? If you liked Doom for the shoot everything until it stops moving thing then SS is your game.

"If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it until it does."
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Eh, I didn't like Serious Sam for some reason. :? My point was just that Doom is about killing hordes of monsters, and changing that may not be the best thing for the series.
fuck
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I thought Gearbox was bringing Halo over to the PC.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

TheReaper wrote:
the guardian wrote:what memory card? dunno... there's more then one type?

Yeah, there are different makes, but that doesn't really make any difference. But there are two different sizes. 4mb and 8mb. 8mb ones last longer than 4mb but the 8mb are more expensive. What colour is your Gamecube and controller?

I've seen the Doom 3 trailer... 8O I can't believe that's a game and not a film 8O
the color of the gamecube also matters? its, uh, blue i suppose... look blue... the controller, one is blue, the other is black
Hello New Jersey
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

ok after lookign round a bit

-Unreal warfare is just the engine name (but I read soemwhere it's just the same old engine they used for unreal [way back] and they can change the graphic amount of it)

-Unreal championship is the x-box version

-Unreal 2 is single-player only

-UT 2003 is the multiplayer version

-Yes halo is coming out on the pc

-Doom 3 looks amazing (I liked it when the pink demon bit that fat guy in the toilets on the video and you cold see his intestines) and that was running at medium detail.

-mabdhjgashga!11111
Our Host!