A Beer In Review

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Alexander Kieth's is alright, though I find Sleeman's or Rickard's most agreeable.

There's never any good excuse to drink American beer. Even if you're just looking for something cheap to buy 24 of, Labatt Bleue is dirt cheap and actually drinkable, unlike Molson, which is vile piss.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Spazmo wrote:Labatt Bleue is... actually drinkable.
It all made sense until you said that??? :?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

King of Creation wrote:I don't know why people knock American beers all the time. Most of the foreign beers I've had are shit. Belgium makes excellent beers, but there are some excellent American beers. Yuengling, Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Harpoon, and many others.
Lord. I don't know what the fixation is with Blue Moon, especially Blue Moon with a fucking orange. It tastes like you are drinking yogurt. Whenever I see a "man" drinking Blue Moon I hang my head and sigh. I'd agree on Sam Adams though as the Brown Ale and Black Lagers are quite pleasant. Past that however all I can say is fuck American beer.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Aonaran wrote:
King of Creation wrote:I don't know why people knock American beers all the time. Most of the foreign beers I've had are shit. Belgium makes excellent beers, but there are some excellent American beers. Yuengling, Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Harpoon, and many others.
Lord. I don't know what the fixation is with Blue Moon, especially Blue Moon with a fucking orange. It tastes like you are drinking yogurt. Whenever I see a "man" drinking Blue Moon I hang my head and sigh. I'd agree on Sam Adams though as the Brown Ale and Black Lagers are quite pleasant. Past that however all I can say is fuck American beer.
S.A. is good.

Dominion is ok.

Saranac, Sierra Nevada, etc. are also decent.

But they cost 150-300% as much as regular American pisswater.

You could just have a couple of good ones, then switch to the Crooked "I" or blue bull or hurricane, etc.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Spazmo wrote:Alexander Kieth's is alright, though I find Sleeman's or Rickard's most agreeable.

There's never any good excuse to drink American beer. Even if you're just looking for something cheap to buy 24 of, Labatt Bleue is dirt cheap and actually drinkable, unlike Molson, which is vile piss.
Ya, and red Rickards is awesome. I like Blue Dry better than normal Blue though. Nothing's cheaper than that but Big Ten's seem to be a better choice sometimes. It's nice to know I'm not the only to hate Molson. :chick:
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Rickard's is the only Canadian beer I can stand. We're overrated.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I enjoy Moosehead.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

You're all fucking idiots, Red Stripe is the only lager to drink.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Red Stripe is good warm, cool, or cold. But it's more expensive to get that than other less MTVish beers.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

just drink guinness alright B)

or coffee! coffee and cigarettes every damn day for the rest of your natural life, then beyond. And orange juice, when the time is right. And of course, cola. Though I drank so much I can only drink it once a week else I get headaches and my throat hurts.
:chew:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Thread necrophelia! Any of you fools tried Kingfisher? It's an Indian beer, expensive but light and tasty, and really the most delightful beer experience I've had. I also like Sapporo (of Japan) and Chinese beers. All beer tastes like piss to me, but Asian beers seem to be the most tolerable, and also the most interesting.

Also, I agree with megatron also. :salute:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

kingfisher is pretty nice yah

i drink stella a lot now, but i always feel sick. i dont know if its because anytime i eat or drink i feel sick or if its my body telling me to stop drinking while watching deadwood B)
:chew:
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

I once tried a Chinese beer, Tsingtao, and it was okay, but nothing super interesting.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

atoga wrote:All beer tastes like piss to me, but Asian beers seem to be the most tolerable, and also the most interesting.
Belgium, people, I'm telling you. As long as it's not Stella (which is tolerable, but nothing to write home about).
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

atoga wrote: All beer tastes like piss to me, but Asian beers seem to be the most tolerable, and also the most interesting.
Try beers fermented with honey. I've tasted several ones that had a more sweet taste than the usual bitter stuff. In general, beer's more of an aquired taste rather than something you instantly like. But try the honey stuff.
Hello New Jersey
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

atoga wrote:Thread necrophelia! Any of you fools tried Kingfisher? It's an Indian beer, expensive but light and tasty, and really the most delightful beer experience I've had. I also like Sapporo (of Japan) and Chinese beers. All beer tastes like piss to me, but Asian beers seem to be the most tolerable, and also the most interesting.

Also, I agree with megatron also. :salute:
I tried Kingfisher when I was in India. I thought that it tasted as bad as all beer lol. I really hate beer, have had a couple of bad experiences with it and I think that it tastes like piss.
the guardian wrote:
atoga wrote: All beer tastes like piss to me, but Asian beers seem to be the most tolerable, and also the most interesting.
Try beers fermented with honey. I've tasted several ones that had a more sweet taste than the usual bitter stuff. In general, beer's more of an aquired taste rather than something you instantly like. But try the honey stuff.
Isn't that like mead?
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
Isn't that like mead?
Margaret? Wait, no. I don't know, never had mead.
Hello New Jersey
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

There are beers that are just 'honey lagers' which (I'm guessing) just have some fermented honey thrown in for flavour. Mead, on the other hand, is full-on honey wine (nothing but fermented honey).
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

While I was delayed in Germany the hotel I was in was giving us free booze. It was Becks though, so we drifted more to the bar to buy Coronas (the only other beer they had).

Still, becks runs a close second to shit beer but is beaten by the rat shit Tiger Beer or whatever it is from Singapore that I was stupid enough to have on the flight.

Boags remains my favourite beer though.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Lately I've been drinking Red Stripe, Bass, and Pilsner pale ale, which is a good Czech beer.
Our Host!