tank problem

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
prodigalsunz
SDF!
SDF!

tank problem

Post by prodigalsunz »

I'm not sure on how to properly place a tank on a map.
Are tanks capable of firing their weapon(turret) on a random encounter
map?

Mine doesn't seem to fire, only in a BOS bunker(didn't check mission maps).It just turns its turret and doesn't fire.
Are you suppose to place the turret entity on the tank when you place it on
the maps?
Thankx for any help.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

If I remember from posts in the old DAC, you don't need to place the turret on the tank. If it isn't doing anything make sure that the tank isn't "broken" when you place it. In the mission in Tactics it needed repairing before it could be driven.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: tank problem

Post by OnTheBounce »

prodigalsunz wrote:Are you suppose to place the turret entity on the tank when you place it on the maps?
No, don't place the tank turret on the map. Although the turret won't show up while you're editing, it will once you're playing the map. The turret entity is only there so that you can link it to the tank in the "Vehicle Weapon" field. Notice in that field the tank turret entity is listed.

If you place the turret on the tank manually your vehicle will actually have two turrets, one of which will often lag behind the tank's hull, then jumping to catch up.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
A. Focht of ABT
SDF!
SDF!

Post by A. Focht of ABT »

:evil: The easiest way to be able to fire the tank cannon on a random encouter is to take the gunner out of the tank and pu him back in. this has always worked for me.
So the guy says to me he says, "Watermelon! I thought you said goat!" Ha ha ha ha!
Our Host!