War with Russia

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

War with Russia

Post by Mismatch »

Is it happening?

Here in Sweden we seem to be mobilizing.
Reservists have been called in. Armor is patrolling Gotland, and the irregulars have been activated.

It doesn't feel very pre war to me, but I don't think we have been on this kind of alert since the cold war when a Russian fleet headed here to assist a stranded submarine.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: War with Russia

Post by SenisterDenister »

Russia should have been given funding and had reconstruction efforts in the 90's after the collapse of the USSR like the US did with Western Europe after WW2 with the Marshall Plan. They shouldn't be antagonists to their neighbors, and it's NATO's fault that this is happening in the first place for not bridging and fostering relations when the Iron Curtain fell. They don't have the logistics to fight NATO in any capacity beyond a nuclear option. They can move on smaller states like Ukraine and the Middle East because the people they're fighting are even less organized than they are. No, a war with Russia won't happen, they can't afford to let it happen.
Zed
Respected
Respected

Post by Zed »

what could russia win from a war with sweden thoo
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Zed wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:04 am what could russia win from a war with sweden thoo
Not much, but that wouldn't be the goal. The current stated ambition in Russia is to reunite the Soviet Union. Thus the invasion of Georgia, and Ukraine.

Now if they were to go full war on Ukraine, and are worried about intervention they'd need a way to close off the Baltic sea. How do you do that?

By taking Gotland, fortifying it. Placing AA batteries, and mobile missile platforms. So mainland Sweden isn't of interest, but Gotland is of critical strategic importance.

So mainland Sweden wouldn't be invaded, but would surely suffer missile strikes and sabotage on critical infrastructure to prevent a counter attack.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Invading countries other than the shitty Eastern Bloc ones nobody cares about might cause more trouble than it's worth, trade embargoes and shit like that. But I don't know anything about any of this stuff, didn't even know you were mobilizing. Wait are we mobilizing as well? Anyway I wouldn't worry about it, they'd have to go through Kashluk first :chainsaw:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Well, it's certainly heating up again.
The question is, I suppose, whether it'll be contained to Ukraine or spill over.
Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

I don't know about it that much but seems like there's alot of freezing soldiers there at that border there. How's it heating up again?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

It's not heating up in the Baltic, but the troop carrier ships that were here have now arrived to the Mediterranean.

Russia is still amassing troops at the border, and are doing it in Byelorussia. They've also moved Iskander systems to Byelorussia, thats nuclear capability mang.

I guess we'll find out how this plays out.
Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

Is it still a war if Russia sends peace keeping troops?

Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

Cool so I was wrong 😂
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

lamestream media wrote:Mr Putin said Russia was intervening as an act of self-defence. Russia did not want to occupy Ukraine, he said, but would demilitarise and "de-Nazify" the country.
That doesn't sound too bad, they didn't want to do it anyway #denazifyukraine
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I am very sad that I was wrong.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

war...war never changes :devil:
Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

This is Dr. Deo bringing you the latest news on the continent.

Here's a short run down on the doom in eastern Europe
https://webmshare.com/vyW5B

RIP

For all Russians here's the counter point I guess
https://webmshare.com/Xmw9x

Imagine getting this to your yard

:dizzy:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Grey Wolf sounds like a made-up nickname, like a character from Metal Gear Solid. RIP Grey WOlf
Dr. Deo
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Dr. Deo »

Dear DAC.

is it just me, the propaganda, or is Russia loosing all its street cred for being a big bad military super power?

So from the propaganda, soldiers were tricked to going to Kiev, or be shot. Completely shit morale, fancy tanks or shit tanks from the cold war era doesn't matter to the mud and the antitank infantry.

If a third of the reported losses is true then yeah, lots of losses, not really blitz, the globo state seems to have prepared the steak that is Russia for a complete collapse very well.

Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Seeing how the Russians seem to be bogged down everywhere, with their supply lines being taken out it seems that if they can't break through in the south they'll have to resort to WMD's of some sort or accept defeat.

It all comes down to how insane Vlad is.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Vlad is getting PWNED (old school lingo rulez)

Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Yeah, but they are now mobilizing reserves, a big push is due in the south and/or the east, after the northern withdrawal. Probably by the end of/mid April.
Russia has got the manpower, but I'm hoping Ukraine can ride it out. They seem competent enough.
The question is, how long can the international community sit idle while the orcs are killing and raping civilians in Ukraine.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

As long as it doesn't disrupt the international cash flow too much and this shit doesn't spill over to places that actually matter, is my guess. Same as usual. The only reason the rest of Europe (including us) is even worried about this stuff is because of the fear of it actually affecting us; if Ukraine was on the eastern end of Russia, who would give a shit?
Our Host!