the dac kickstarter thread: a look to the future

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

the dac kickstarter thread: a look to the future

Post by Megatron »

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

it has been a while. like bumping into an old friend, showing you his stretched asshole. maybe that will be the new handshake in a post-covid world where the handshake is the new middle finger, just as depicted in the song "imagine" by john lennon. i suppose washing hands will remain useful though
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

The dac Rick roll
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

My friend actually used to keep the Goatse fanpage.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Zed
Respected
Respected

Post by Zed »

i will always be impressed by tubgirls aim and prowess in shitting on her own face. do you think she practiced? think shes still doing it?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Duck and Cover
12 january 2013

DAC Needs Help

Hi everyone,

Let me preface by saying that I’m not asking for your money in a crowd-sourcing campaign. Over the past 10
(!!) years that I’ve been involved with DAC in one way or another, we’ve gone through highs and lows, periods
of intense activity and inactivity. Most of the time, I’ve tried to build up activity on the site, but in the
last year or two especially, I just haven’t had as much time to give the site the attention that I’d like to –
and that it deserves. With that in mind, I’d like to ask for help. I don’t really foresee me being as active
as I used to be anymore, so in order to keep the site going we need people to step forward and help run it.

The most obvious position to help build momentum on the site is that of a Newsposter. Over the years, a lot of
you have come forward to help out with news, but I need someone (or hopefully more than one) person to help
consistently post news, editorials, original content – anything at all. There’s already a pretty established
framework for exposure (via Twitter, the Facebook page, etc), so that end is fairly simple. It’s the
synthesising and posting of news, rumours and speculation from around the internet on DAC that I need help
with. It’s always been a big job, and I just can’t do it by myself anymore.

Newsposters are important, but the position that is most sorely needed on DAC is that of a technical
administrator – someone who has the skills and knowledge to code. Specifically, we need to upgrade our forums
– to phpBB 3 or something equivalent. We’re flooded with spambots, and our captcha-style defences just don’t
work anymore. I’ve never had the skills to handle these sorts of things, and it’s showing more than ever. The
site itself seems to work, but there’s always room for improvement.

There are other ways we can work together to improve DAC. We’ve had ideas in the past that semi-start, but
then are never followed through. We had a big push to make DAC t-shirts a while back, as an example; lots of
people talked about submitting designs and it seemed like it was going to be great, but then nothing happened
with it. There have been weekly-features by members of the community that start, but then kind of quickly die
out. There are some good features that are fairly consistent – I can think of Wasteland Radio as an example.
That’s the kind of thing we need more of to survive as a site. I’m sure we can come up with some great ideas.

So, to sum it all up (TL;DR), we need technical-skilled people who can help upgrade the forums, newsposters
who can consistently post news, and new ideas that are followed through with from the community. It’s been a
while now since Fallout: New Vegas came out, so, with Fallout 4 on the horizon, let’s bring DAC out of this
rut it’s been stuck in and into a new Golden Age.

-KoC
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

:Salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

is fallout 5 on the horizon? Can we say: DAC is an influencer?

:)

hope that helps, I dont have any technical skills or anything anyway
:chew:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Here's some news straight from your favourite alt-right game source

https://gamerant.com/fallout-5-rumors/
The Fallout games have been one of Bethesda's flagship franchises for years, but the future of the satirical dystopian series has never been less clear. While there's been no official news from the developer about Fallout 5, this year has seen rumors claiming that both a fifth main Fallout game and Fallout: New Vegas 2 may be in the works. The flurry of accompanying speculation has made things all the more confusing for fans who just want to know when they can next expect to hop in their power armor and set off into the wasteland.

Keeping up with the recent rumors about Fallout 5 can be tough, but it's far from the only challenge fans face. Some rumors are more reliable than others, and to top things off there may be reasons to believe that even the most reliable reports won't matter much when considering some of the recent moves made by Bethesda.
Continue scrolling to keep reading Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Fallout-5-Fallout-4-Fallout-76
Start now

RELATED:
Fallout 76 Expeditions Update Returns to The Pitt
Microsoft, Obsidian, And The Bethesda Schedule Leaks

The year began with some interesting news for Fallout fans. On January 19 video game leaker Tyler McVicker, known for his accurate insider information about Valve and Nintendo in the past, took to Twitter to talk about the future of Fallout.

While giving some fans hope, the Tweet also points to some of the major problems faced by Fallout fans when dissecting supposed leaks. First, there's the question of what meaningfully distinguishes Fallout 5 from Fallout: New Vegas 2. Some would say that Fallout: New Vegas 2 has to be a follow up to the story and setting of Obsidian's 2010 Fallout game.

Others would argue that Fallout 5 is the next Bethesda-developed Fallout game, while Fallout: New Vegas 2 refers to any upcoming Fallout game developed by a third party. McVicker himself has already claimed that Obsidian Entertainment "likely won't have anything to do with" the development of Fallout: New Vegas 2, but it isn't clear if his version of New Vegas 2 refers to a story sequel or just another spin-off.

Speculation that Obsidian could be working on the next Fallout game was fueled towards the end of 2020 by two pieces of news. First was the acquisition of Bethesda's parent studio ZeniMax Media by Microsoft, which already owned Obsidian at the time. Second was the news that Obsidian itself was working on multiple RPG projects, though as of E3 at least one of those has now been confirmed as The Outer Worlds 2.

Starfield's release date was recently confirmed at Bethesda's E3 2021 showcase, with the game launching November 11, 2022. That makes McVicker's timeline roughly accurate so far, although Starfield's release window was among the easiest to predict as the game had already been confirmed as Bethesda Game Studios' next release. Although McVicker's leak is still likely among the most reliable leaks regarding Fallout 5 to come out this year, fans are still left with next to no information about the game.

Even if McVicker's rough timeline for Bethesda releases was correct in January 2021, Bethesda is going through a period of reorientation that could drastically reshape its journey through the next decade. Starfield will be the studio's first new IP in over 25 years, and its reception could have a huge effect on the development of other planned projects. Bethesda may be an RPG giant, but focusing on a new IP is an undoubtedly risky move that may not pay off, especially with Starfield's Xbox exclusivity on consoles.

By the time Starfield releases, the studio may not have even begun working on pre-production for Fallout 5, even if the game was planned to begin development after the release of The Elder Scrolls 6. This could make the future of Fallout the most susceptible to change of any of Bethesda's IPs. Unless a third party is brought in to develop a Fallout game again, the evidence may point to the franchise being on the backburner. Even McVicker's leak only narrows down Fallout 5's potential release to the 2030s, by which time Bethesda and the open-world RPG market could be completely unrecognizable.

RELATED:
Fallout 5's Setting: 5 Real-World Locations That Would Be Interesting
The Ben Decker Rumors And Fallout's Future
Two Players Fighting A Scorchbeast

whatever mom how about you get me a step sister so i can fuck her okay

Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

This aint no Fallout forum! Why you posting Fallout content? Kashluk won't approve... :drunk:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

hahah isn't that a sister site of the site that ranked fallout 1&2 the worst :salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

the easiest way to decide what is best is by just doing it chronologically as things are always getting better
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Megatron wrote:the easiest way to decide what is best is by just doing it chronologically as things are always getting better
that's a very good description of mankind, really
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

goatse man
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

he looks like he posts in the discord
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

https://screenrant.com/horrible-bosses-memes/

Horrible Bosses is a comedy film about a group of employees who plan to kill their bosses. These are some of the funniest memes about the movie.
By Stephen Barker Published Dec 04, 2020
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Moderators wasp1, DAC Forum Moderators, General Moderators

who is wasp1
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

he's george giordano, a 60 year old fallout enthusiast and veteran special effects artist from houston, texas

he is credited as "slime supply" in the 1984 film ghostbusters
Our Host!