The Movies, Music, and Games thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Watched it as per your recommendation (hadn't even heard of it before, DAC is my main news outlet for everything), I am conflicted because it's a good movie but I found the film hard to like because I thought the main character was annoyingly distant. Hard to explain, like she acted really well (taking her typecast thing to the exxtreme) but I found it hard to relate to her emotionally on any level? I think that's the main point of movies at least for me, they have to really resonate on some level, doesn't matter whether it's aesthetically or emotionally or intellectually. Everything else is secondary.

Also for the first 15 minutes or so I thought it was a documentary (didn't recognize the lead) and was thinking gee do people really behave like this hahaha god damn I'm dumb

I watched Werner Herzog's Wheel of Time today, it was alright I guess but I didn't get much out of it. I watched a movie yesterday, too, but can't even remember what it was any more
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I always felt that whoever told the costume designer that "we need costumes for a bunch of gangbangers, stat" chould have worded it a bit different maybe. I mean I like the costume design, looks like everyone's going trick or treating, but if one of these boys were to tell me "you better speed on before you get peed on", I would be uncertain as to how to interpret it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I was just thinking, "I wonder what happened to that band, Garbage?" Well it turns out they released their seventh studio album last month. It's called No Gods No Monsters and I'm sure it sucks, though I am hoping Subhuman will review it.

The band is categorized as alt-rock, does that mean they are racists? Shirley it's better to be red than dead however.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: The Movies, Music, and Games thread

Post by Gimp Mask »

watched Everything Everywhere All at Once, liked it very much, five thumbs up
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Yeah saw that one also, enjoyed it
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

been watching Too Old To Die Young, a tv show by the director of Drive, has the same guy doing the soundtrack as well (Cliff Martinez). Very a e s t h e thicc but just about zero substance and the writing's pretty bad. If you want to get high and watch something else than a mandlebrot set then the 1st episode is kinda chill but also dark, so I don't fucking know
Our Host!