Why do you even live

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by naughtpan »

I live for pizza and its variations of toppings. Sorry but this pandemic will not stop me from getting 'em.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I wish I was that into pizza or action figures, sounds like the good life
SenisterDenister wrote: I think we'll reach a point with the study of physics that we can determine every known course of action
I just don't see our ape brains ever having the capacity for that level of understanding; it's like an ant trying to make sense of an interstate highway. I dunno, I think it's a never-ending pursuit forever just beyond our grasp, perhaps because I see the universe as infinite it's hard to buy into any sort of ontological reductionism or whatever

Hyacinth wrote:I find peace in just experience, to demand meaning is pointless since experience is meaning enough for me. Meaning and reason to live for me are not co-dependent in my world. If I ccould live with all my needs met without wage slaving that'd be swell. I have it as a general goal in life.

To experience as much as I can is both egotistically driven but there is joy in not abiding with norms and the societal prison of regular life.
Sure, life is about living so the experience of being alive is what it's all about, but even you certainly have an experiential hierarchy that consist of value judgements: you'd rather feel the rapture of being alive through something other than wage slaving. You're saying freedom is lack of judgement and positive/negative dichotomy; freedom from what?

How have you been able to reconcile the gap between the society and the self, the ego and the transcendent?
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Simple, by not recognizing that there is a gap.

The further you go from being, by sorting and categorizing, the further into imagined pain and dispair you go, as you keep inventing it by pattern finding or creating connections. You choose the path that works most logically to your circumstances, since it is hard to see it from another point of view, as it is perceived irrelevant.

Naturally I wouldn't be so happy under torture or hunger etc, but those are things of the body in which my consciousness arises from, not to say that my being is separate from the all, something that cannot exist.

Whatever I perceive, on the level of experiencing, is unlabeled.

Residing in experience without labeling is very comfortable.
Our Host!