Fallout: New Vegas Fan Fiction Competition.

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.

Which story do you like the best?

onewayglicky
No votes
Psychoul
No votes
Shakado
15%
Megatron
85%

Total votes: 13

King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout: New Vegas Fan Fiction Competition.

Post by King of Creation »

In 250 words or less, write a short story about one of your favorite Fallout memories. Your story can be from the perspective of a character in the Fallout world, or from the perspective of a third-person narrator. It should describe a situation that takes place in any one of the Fallout games. Please post your story here for it to be counted. Story submissions will be accepted until Midnight GMT, 04 November 2010. After that point, I will turn this topic into a poll so you can vote for your favorite story. Voting will last until Midnight GMT, 06 November 2010 and then the winners of the story and trivia competitions will be announced.

News-post and comment thread for the competition
Official contest page perma-link.

Please only post short stories in this thread. Non-story posts will be deleted. Comments should go in the news-post link above.
Last edited by King of Creation on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
onewayglicky
SDF!
SDF!

Birth of a Wasteland villain

Post by onewayglicky »

…I finally came to the biggest dump of an oasis I’ve ever laid eyes on. The sign in front of the door said “Megaton�…Megaton of crap was more like it. I walked through the metal gates and was greeted by some raggedy looking figure who tried to exert his authority on me. “You new in town?� asked a voice off to my left. “Maybe…Who’s asking?� I replied “I’m Lucas Simms, sheriff of Megaton. These are my people. This is my town. You so much as breathe wrong and I'm gonna end ya.� Fresh out of the vault and I’m already getting harassed by the locals.

Things out here didn’t seem much better than they were in the vault, but God knows I can’t go back there. A wave of depression and anger washed over me as I saw the tyranny outside the vault reflected in the burned wasted ruins outside. I stumbled across the local watering hole – Moriarty’s bar. “I’ll take a whiskey� I said to the ghoul at the bar. “Sure thing, smoothe skin.� he said. A nearby patron approached me “Excuse me…you look like a nice intelligent man…I have a proposition for you.� He said “Did you see that bomb out front?� “Yeah...so what?� I asked. “My employer would very much like to see something…happen to this city, and you look like just the man to help me.� I thought over the proposal for a moment, but in my angst I knew what my answer would be…I’ll show them…I’ll show all of them.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

The next morning, Tycho wakes up from his horrible dream realizing; it was not really possible to have the urge to blow up a city he knew nothing about and to want to HELP a random psycho looking to see a town destroyed.
Tycho continues following the Vault dweller through the wasteland until he meets his untimely demise as he steps on a pound of plastic explosives that were set as a trap(appearantly). The vault dweller sheds a tear at the site of losing his most prized... weapons... and collects what he could from the wreckage. There was too much he could carry so he had to leave most of his stuff behind. All that remained of Tycho was a speck of the gas mask he wore every day and night, it was to be the last sad memory of Tycho.
Regardless.... the vault dweller continued along to the master's chill crib, and blew the shit out of it.. got the hell out... and drank some of tycho's nevada Whiskey...
And that is what happened AFTER Tycho's Nightmare that was what is now called, fallout 3.
Edit: never ending fallout story 1? y/n?
Last edited by Psychoul on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shakado
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shakado »

The blasted metal protruding from the earth tears the insubstantial material of the Vault uniform as he races breathlessly through the scrap yard. The Med-X has done little to numb the pain of the bullet wound in his shoulder but he continues, the animal shrieks of the raiders driving him on. He desperately tries to load his rifle while his scurrying feet negotiate the ancient metallic relics of a bygone age, this graveyard of technology. His terror causes his sweaty hands to slip, and he drops the bullet. A car’s windshield explodes and he is showered by glass, a kind of brutal rain. His next round finds the chamber and he ducks behind a derelict school bus to continue loading. This teenager would still be in school if it weren’t for the egomania of the politicians and their futile Great War. Eye to the scope, he raises his rifle towards his pursuers, those whose sadistic nature had been awakened by anarchy. The rifle jumps from car to car as his desperate senses strain to locate his predators. A head appears, a twisted face. The .32 bullet blows the raiders ear off in a spray of blood.

When the raider regains consciousness the boy is standing over him. The raider pleads for his life but the boy calmly raises his rifle again. This round rips through his eye and the frontal and parietal lobes of his brain. “Finally those Biology lessons come in handy Dad� he mutters with a crooked smile.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Old country memorabilia lined cracked wooden shelves like some throwback to a fictional film about life after the apocalypse. But this wasn't a film, this was real. Sometimes. Impact zones of nuclear bombs shaped Los Angeles into a moonscape, littered with bizarre mutant freaks inhabiting the remaining buildings sitting silently around dirty fires. The quietness was only occasionally disrupted by the occasional cough or a new freak baby being smothered out of kindness. These were thrown onto the fire. Although there was one man who walked through this monochrome bosch hell. Dressed from neck to ankle in blue, face twisted in an expression of intense anxiety, he seemed driven by invisible forces. He carried a sledgehammer.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Well there were only 4 submissions to the short story contest, so voting shouldn't be too difficult.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Megs 4 president
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

My story was in another thread. FFS KOC.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Mine too. And mine was a trillion times better than those swelliest of guys!
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Yonmacs owned actually but yeah you guys should've reposted it.

Out of these 4 I liked oneway~ But Megs sorta touched me somehow. Gonna have to vote Meg here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Megatron, what are you going to do with your free game?

KoC, this had to have been one of the worst and poorly planned contests I've seen. 250 words heh.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
jamesa
SDF!
SDF!

Post by jamesa »

whats gonna happen to the 3rd copy of the game? psychoul an oneway didnt get any votes. KoC decides?
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

jamesa wrote:whats gonna happen to the 3rd copy of the game? psychoul an oneway didnt get any votes. KoC decides?
It's going to be shoved up your arse. :drunk:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

POOPERSCOOPER wrote: KoC, this had to have been one of the worst and poorly planned contests I've seen. 250 words heh.
Yep. Still better than "post a comment on this newspost" contests.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

The .uk limitation was retarded. If anyone fancies it, I could ship a copy elsewhere (provided that you give it to me first).
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Frater Perdurabo wrote:The .uk limitation was retarded.
It's still better than nothing I guess...not my choice anyway. These guys approached me about running the contest, so I figured why not.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Doug came to. He tried to get up but his body was unresponsive. The warm wind gently licked his bare butt-cheeks. Somewhere far below he could hear the traffic. Strewn across the cold hard concrete, lying in a pool of his own vomit, diarrhea and blood, the light summer breeze slowly carried the stench of the time-honored cocktail of his own festering juices into his nostrils. "Not this shit again", he cried. With all his might he reached for a jet canister that lay some inches away from his face, barely within reach in his sorry condition. "Papa needs a brand new pair of shoes" he babbled. To get the best rush, you need to close your nostrils, force all the air out of your lungs, then take a deep breath, inhale, and hold it for about a minute. With great determination the man-beast mustered enough energy to mechanically follow the instructions he had set for himself.

After a rough night, Doug's friends finally made their way onto the rooftop of Caesar's Palace. Doug was nowhere to be seen. Stu peeked over the ledge. Doug had jumped off the roof in order to signal for help. He was impaled on the spear of a majestic statue. Against all odds the blunt marble spear had penetrated him from butt to mouth with extreme precision; Doug, the bloated shish kebab, roasting in the sun. It was the statue of Caesar, the bad guy from the game, and around the statue, a mob of hungry customers was starting to form. "Do you serve falafel too, I'm vegan!" someone shouted.

Stu chuckled. "What happens in New Vegas stays in New Vegas!" ;)

---
That's where the game starts, you play as Stu, you can play slots and bang prostitutes and get married, it is like Leisure Suit Larry 1 but with more Fallouty elements, like Roman legionnaires. The game will be called Leisure Stu Larry in the Land of Caesar's Legion and Fallout, available on Xbox one in Q3 2016.
Our Host!