Fallout Frontier

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Fallout Frontier

Post by Amis »

Anybody heard about this absolute trainwreck? Actually it sadly shows the state of the current Fallout fandom, full of degenerate horny furries and pedos unlike the previous fandom of degenerate junkies and alcoholics.

The mod has been pulled recently because of one of the devs being outed as a pedo.

Includes:

- lizard and deatchlaw sex

- slavegirl fetish

- foot fetish lines

- horny dialogue with a unnencessary amount of characters

- trigger warning options

- The Enclave is a facsist power fantasy and therefor should not be played
according to the devs

- Caesars Legion is now just cringy (so is the NCR btw)

- CoD copy

- and much much more cringe and rage inducing elements!

Now to be honest I have not tried to even play the mod since there are so many playthroughs available on youtube and the only reason I would do so is that the technical aspects of the mod are amazing considering the engine they are working with, otherwise the writing is utter garbage and should burn in hell.

SEVEN YEARS IN THE MAKING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_87RCh ... HERCHUNGUS
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Fallout Frontier

Post by Gimp Mask »

Now before you go judging the mod like a saint on his high horse of corpses, you should take a peep at your own legacy, baby.

I'd never heard of this but sounds fantastic, I'll have to watch some gameplay videos too. To be fair it sounds better than pretty much any of the stuff the DAC modding community ever came up with.
Amis wrote:. . . the state of the current Fallout fandom, full of degenerate horny furries and pedos unlike the previous fandom of degenerate junkies and alcoholics.
:D this cracked me up, sounds about right
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

My son finished playing through the main quest this week. "It's pretty good until my game breaks over and over."
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I only want the car driving mod to be taken out so I can play it in base New Vegas. Frontier is laughably bad, written by people that completely misunderstand the lore. I sound like a snob saying that but I'm not wrong.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

The only thing that the Frontier needed was Gerald Okamura's taint and the mod would have been a classic.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

you are DAC's precious enigma my dear munchkin
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

munchkin wrote:The only thing that the Frontier needed was Gerald Okamura's taint and the mod would have been a classic.
I see we have another fan of Samurai Cop on the forum.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Gimp Mask wrote:you are DAC's precious enigma my dear munchkin
:dude come on smile:
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

SenisterDenister wrote:
munchkin wrote:The only thing that the Frontier needed was Gerald Okamura's taint and the mod would have been a classic.
I see we have another fan of Samurai Cop on the forum.
Well, I proudly say yes, I am. B)
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Apparently the mod got pulled out of the nexus and steam a while back. All of the devs seemed to have had some weird fetishy broderline pedo stuff going on in the background and a big case of yellow fever. A few voice actors also demanded their voice be pulled out of the mod.

Here is an entertaining playthrough, these guys seem to understand the original Fallout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_pNUg ... entFriends

And here is a great meme channel that dedicates itself in making fun of The Frontier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_pNUg ... entFriends

I would title this mod The Room of mods, competing with Hunt Down the Freeman, which was on sale by the way.
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by naughtpan »

The biggest problem with the mod (besides all the horrible stuff with the devs) is how bloated the NCR questline is. Cut-scenes are too long, story-line blatantly ripped off multiple other games (not in a cute homage way either), and the ending is lackluster.

Many of the dialogue options are lazy and give you the illusion of choice when you have none, not to mention didn't feel as intelligent and deep as the base game or some of The Frontier's competitor quest mods (Someguyseries, Th3Overseer's mods, etc...). Too many references to modern politics as opposed to the more interesting political ideologies expressed in the base game (Ganon is literally the only person in the base game who knows what the word "fascist" means and he's a well-educated ex-enclave Follower of the Apocalypse; in the Frontier, it feels like half the f***ing characters know what Fascism and Communism are and have opinions on it SHUT UP).
Our Host!