Gravity

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Gravity

Post by Subhuman »

http://gravitymovie.warnerbros.com/

See it. It's excellent. The acting is great, it's well-written and compelling, and the quality of the special effects and cinematography are almost beyond words. They simply couldn't have made this movie 10 years ago; the technological wizardry on display here is astounding. Also, I hate 3D movies as a general rule - they shrink the scale and dim the brightness of everything on screen, they're overpriced, blah blah old-school snobbery blah blah - but this one actually benefits from 3D, particularly on an IMAX screen. You're just sucked right in. I'm only now convinced of the value of 3D from a filmmaking standpoint.

Side note: Sandra Bullock is rounding the corner on 50 yet somehow has the body of a 20 year-old. Discuss.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Got that money mang, she can afford a body like that.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Neeto.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Space debris flying past at astronomical velocity was definitely enhanced with 3D. Also, Sandra's buttock.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

This move was intense. I think I actually have like PTSD after seeing it. You feel like you are in space the whole movie and you really don't want to die. It made incredible use of the first person perspective. Dudes, I seriously was like sweating and shit. I saw it in 3-d Imax.

I also found myself unconsciously moving in my seat, trying to dodge the space debris about halfway through and by the end I was mentally like "SHIT!!SHIT!!SHIT!!FUCK!!SHIT!!1"
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I liked the movie quite a bit, was a very on the edge of your seat type of experience. I also like George Clooney's character quite a bit (I think everyone did).
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

In an alternate dimension, Sandra Bullock is doing bukakke vids.
Our Host!