Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Retlaw83 wrote:A suppressed AK is mechanically impossible unless you rebuild the entire barrel assembly and foregrip.
Well, suppressing is quite easy. Silencing something or anything, per se, is quite difficult.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Kashluk wrote: Silencing something or anything, per se, is quite difficult.
Not if you've got a steady supply of cats. :postal:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Kashluk wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:A suppressed AK is mechanically impossible unless you rebuild the entire barrel assembly and foregrip.

Well, suppressing is quite easy. Silencing something or anything, per se, is quite difficult.
Silencing is impossible. But suppressing an AK requires a rebuild because of how the barrel is shaped.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Question: If an AK goes off in the middle of the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Subquestion: If subsequent bullet goes in the head of foe, clean shot, in on one ear, out the other, does he hear it?

Rethorical: Wouldn't the virtues of a classy blackjack to the back of the head make for a much more interesting argument than a discussion over a gun you've (virtually) fired over a thousand times over the count of a hundred games?

TL;DR who cares about damn shooters, gimme some thief ffs
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Started playing the new Deus Ex but soon realized I need to get a new mouse. Kind of unable to play it with the backup mousepad on the laptop.

Also, currently helping Julie gear up for her new loft, which she is planning to make Portal-themed. New couches, new tables, a portal gun replica, the Turret replica that moves/speaks, investigating replica companion cubes, looking into Aperture Science glassware and posters/decals, and doing some mild shopping for blue and orange items. Also, two oval mirrors in hallway, facing eachother for the infinite effect.

's gonna be gnarly.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Retlaw83 wrote:Silencing is impossible. But suppressing an AK requires a rebuild because of how the barrel is shaped.
Depends on the model, I guess. It could very well be the case with -47, I do not know for sure. But you should be able to attach a suppressor for example to AKM and -74 by default, I think? Or at least they're modifiable without too much hassle.
Tofu Man wrote:Subquestion: If subsequent bullet goes in the head of foe, clean shot, in on one ear, out the other, does he hear it?
Theoretically, he should be able to hear the bulle scratching against himself (~his ear), but only for a very, very short time before dying. In this case 'hearing' would practically be just subconscious, there would be no time to react to the sound, not even sure if the sound waves converted to electronic signals have time to travel all the way to the brain for processing. Projectiles fired from firearms tend to fly faster than speed of sound, so the shot itself can't be heard by the man who is instantly killed by the bullet, that much is for sure.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i have started playing men of war again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3VoHE3nP8E
:chew:
SenisterDenister

DC Universe Online became free-to-play. If you've got some time to waste you're welcome to find me online.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

END USER LOSER ACQUIESCENCE LEWL

Post by Blargh »

Stealth Bastard is highly entertaining. Even though it can and will inevitably steal all your precious datas and forward all your most furtive, clandestine obscenities to your parents/spouses/employers et al. Or it might just be mildly diluted high octane legalese. Or it might really be syphoning your bank account(s) and commissioning Gadaffi snuff in Your Name. TIME TO BRAIN VEIN < 15 SECONDS :hyper:

:drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:DC Universe Online became free-to-play. If you've got some time to waste you're welcome to find me online.
Catman's been asking me to join him. Till I do, you should be his /DaC/up.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

bucket + blackjack = ARMAGEDDON!

Post by Tofu Man »

Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

i need to use the bathroom i need to use the bathroom i need

Post by Blargh »

I did not know we were due a Hitman sequel so soon . . ?

CLEARLY NOT THE CHICAGO I RECALL

:drunk:
SenisterDenister

Manoil wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:DC Universe Online became free-to-play. If you've got some time to waste you're welcome to find me online.
Catman's been asking me to join him. Till I do, you should be his /DaC/up.
I've been playing on the PC version as a villain on the PVP server, so unless he fits within those confines I doubt we'll be fighting alongside one another.
The backstory with him is that he's a corporate sponsored equivalent of Captain America since this is all in the DC multiverse, and since he does the work of his corporate overlords over that of helping the actual American people he always screams something about freedom, capitalism, and the jingle of whichever business is sponsoring his current reign of terror. A bit banal, but fun to role play when you're bounding through the streets yelling "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH" like the ignorant idiot he's supposed to be.
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

Playing Skyrimjob on PC. Character animations are still lame, ugly graphics, boring landscape, boring dialogues, annoying menu and inventory system, you can put buckets on people's head = Instant GOTY.

Don't except anything good from Fallout 4.

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Some video on youtube shows how you can stick a bucket on someones head then steal everything around them because they can't see you.

I don't know if I should impressed the engine is capable of such a thing or disgusted the implentation is so stupid.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I think Bethesda said something about keeping "good bugs" in the game, or bugs that are found to be entertaining. I haven't seen the videos but I guess that's kind of funny.

If it's just Oblivion with better graphics then I have no desire to get it.

And just looking through the forums on the Escapist and I think a good portion of the topics are Skyrim-related. Even a weeks before the game came out people were talking about. I don't remember a game being so hyped.

Also, Saints Row looks good has anyone played it yet?
SenisterDenister

It doesn't come out until the 14th. That said I haven't seen any cracks. The escapist is a cesspool of human filth.

That said Saints Row the Third looks good. I might buy it this weekend.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Who wouldn't, if given opportunity, confound a Lester ?

Post by Blargh »

Any cracks you might find for The Third at this point are almost certainly not at all what they claim to be. :thecaptain:

The Wager was recently updated with new content. It's pretty bloody good. :drunk:
Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian »

I got Saints Row 3 today... for Xbox 360. :dribble:

Haven't played for more than an hour or so, but it's been solid so far. :trip report:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The secret of Smoochscrew island

Post by Tofu Man »

Blargh wrote:The Wager was recently updated with new content. It's pretty bloody good. :drunk:
And pretty bloody free. Rec-o-men-id. :duckie:
Our Host!