Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I would have gotten BC2 Vietnam but my freinds are all like "I'M NOT PAYING 10 DOLLARS FOR A DLC" then they go back to playing something bought for MW2.

Going on a Metal Gear Solid playing binge.
Have you played 4? I played all the other expect 4, always kind of wanted to but I never got around to getting a PS3.

Believe it or not megatron pretty much got me started on MGS after not really digging 2 much when I first played it. I dug them afterwards though, I played twin snakes, 2, and then 3.
4 is insane, dude. Really great story, lots of small updates to the engine and gameplay dynamics, and large amounts of weapon diversity/customization. Also, it includes Metal Gear Online, which is basically deathmatch/team dm/ctf/ etc. but with MGS engine and gameplay. I'm horrible, but getting trolled by CQC goons who rob me before shooting me is mildly more funny that just being gunned down in regular FPS titles.

But the main story, Poops... it seals the deal. Best conclusion to a series-- I had high expectations, and it surpassed them. Granted, Peace Walker was pretty damn awesome, but 4 is a whole new level of perfection. In case you didn't catch the news, 2,3, and Peace Walker (PSP) are being remade in HD and being sold together for PS3 and 360, and possibly PC. If you're into MGS, Peace Walker will satisfy you.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

black ops D:
by far the most awesome fuken story i've experienced in a game in a long ass time :storyfag:
Burning Oasis wrote:Got a key to the Alpha testing for Battlefield 3. I am so happy.
Lucky!
I gets ta Beta test later down the line cos I got the ltd 'dition Medal of Honor. :pelvic_thrust:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I would have gotten BC2 Vietnam but my freinds are all like "I'M NOT PAYING 10 DOLLARS FOR A DLC" then they go back to playing something bought for MW2.

Have you played 4? I played all the other expect 4, always kind of wanted to but I never got around to getting a PS3.

Believe it or not megatron pretty much got me started on MGS after not really digging 2 much when I first played it. I dug them afterwards though, I played twin snakes, 2, and then 3.
4 is very good but my fav is Snake Eater, gotta love fighting that senior citizen sniper. Fucking love that boss fight.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

Still on and off with IWDII. Just got to the Dragon's Eye, can't get in for whatever reason.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

God of War II, downloaded the game seperate from 1 while I had access to psn plus. Which is fine for 15 bucks it's cheap and it looks good in HD, also played the first one. But my real question is how is the third installment, I assume the graphical enhancements alone would be worth the 18 bucks used?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

rad resistance wrote:

4 is very good but my fav is Snake Eater, gotta love fighting that senior citizen sniper. Fucking love that boss fight.
Conversation with Big Boss in the graveyard was awesome. Also says how much of a badass he is; dropped twice off of cliffs, eye shot out, and at more than 70 years old, stood in the middle of FOXDIE for fifteen minutes before dying. All of these other games can have their little protagonists, but Big Boss is appropriately named.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

So, anyone not buying Diablo III anymore? Ha ha ha blolzzard.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'll buy it but I'll never in my life using the real life money auction.

I don't really care about having to be logged in all the time since I'm only going to play it at my desktop which is always plugged in. I guess if you have a laptop and are in the desert then I might rage.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Tofu Man wrote:So, anyone not buying Diablo III anymore? Ha ha ha blolzzard.
With Battlefield 3, Twisted Metal, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, Modern Warfare 3 (or maybe not because the only CoD games worth anything these days are the ones developed by Treyarch aka World at War and Black Ops), Uncharted 3, Skyrim all coming out this year I would really have to be tired of all of these by next year if I pick up a product from Shitzzard. :)
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Never liked the look of Diablo 3 anyway, you can take those rainbows and shove em up your arse!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Diablo will sell at least as many units as Fallout 3. And have most of the same buyers.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

I dunno how many Fo3 sold but I'm gonna bet more than that.

What I really can't fathom is how this kind of repetitive, overdone, braindead gameplay still attracts so many people these days, besides the whole Blizzard hype. But then I don't really "get" Wow or Eve or Minecraft or Tor. I mean seriously, has anyone seen a Tor gameplay video? Shit looks bad for 2001 let alone 2011.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Tofu Man wrote:I dunno how many Fo3 sold but I'm gonna bet more than that.
Fallout 3 shipped around 4.7 million the first week (selling most I'm sure)
Starcraft 2 sold about 3 million in the first month (granted, Starcraft games are probably more popular here in Eurasia than North America).

Since Fallout 3 was multiplatform and the consoliest of consoletards loved it I'm sure it will have sold more than Diablo 3 in the end (Maybe a surprise closeness but not quite as much).
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Stalagmite wrote:Since Fallout 3 was multiplatform and the consoliest of consoletards loved it I'm sure it will have sold more than Diablo 3 in the end (Maybe a surprise closeness but not quite as much).
Even given that those are surprisingly low numbers for SC2 compared to F3, I think I'll keep my bet for the time being. I mean, even taking into account that multiplat obviously has a better chance of outselling monoplat and the obvious issue of Torchlight 2, Diablo is (was?) as big as IP gets. Besides, even with beastly console sales figures, there's at least 10 times as many PCs out there, and Ds 1 and 2 were simple enough that anything ran them and anyone could pick them up.

If I was Vivendi, I'd be severely disappointed if D3 doesn't break some sort of sales record. Granted the gametype/gameplay mechanic is completely obsolete but hype is hype... I guess we shell sea.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

What's fucking annoying is that Bliz knows it will sell at least well enough to successfully plug those retarded measures in the same way that they plugged area codes into SC2 or Valve plugged steam into HL2 or even how EA is going to use Tor to plug their own steam type thingy.

Get your own big IP and go crazy implementing retarded measures that are of fuck-all benefit to the user (straight up detrimental would be a better description) and not only will it still sell, it will even manage to convince a bunch of morons that shit like always on, invasive, info-gathering DRM is something that not only can they live with, they'll actually treat it as a fucking blessing. Gaming fucking sucks today.

Hey, at least I dinnaymaekafreadabootit. :drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Because companies treating their products how they wish is utterly terrible in todays world. Good thing I give fuck all about Diablo or Blizzard or I might bitch about the one account per purchase that they have. I have not had problems with other recent titles.

Actually, Bethesda games are probably the easiest modern games to torrent but you may insert jokes about how nobody would be stupid enough to torrent shitty beth games.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Of all the DRM's I'd say Steam is the least intrusive, as all you need the internet for is to buy/register the product, then after its downloaded/updated you can go offline and never go online again, you just need to have the Steam program running to launch the game.

Its a lot better after Valve got their own netcode instead of using the old Windows Explorer one.

You can also choose to divulge your hardware information, they don't do it automatically from the get go, that's what those hardware surveys are. If you don't agree to it then they don't get anything from you.

Hell, the only thing they can really track anyway is your sale record. Its not like SAGES, Battle.net or what EA Online are where you need a permanent internet connection just to boot the game up.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

After 2 years of hibernation, I fired up Mass Effect from my previous save game. Dunno how far I am and the game seems ridiculously easy.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Red Orchestra 2 just went into presale on Steam.... I really liked the first, and I still play it. I'm really considering buying it.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

SenisterDenister wrote:Red Orchestra 2 just went into presale on Steam.... I really liked the first, and I still play it. I'm really considering buying it.
I got home from work, turned on Steam, went to get a bite to eat, came back, Red Orchestra 2 available for pre-order!

In orange text though I read the inevitable "Reduced violence version".

Fucking Canberra.
Our Host!