Planet Fallout has new interview with Chris Avellone

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Planet Fallout has new interview with Chris Avellone

Post by Doc Hill »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Avellone, Chris">Person: Avellone, Chris</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Obsidian Entertainment">Company: Obsidian Entertainment</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>Planet Fallout has a new interview Obsidian's own Chris Avellone, apparently done shortly after PAX. Standard fare mostly, but a few new tidbits or confirmations:</p>
<p>*Stupid Speech choices are back.</p>
<p>*The Geck is getting added utility.</p>
<p>*Fallout Style Ending Slides for settlements,factions, and followers.</p>
<p>*Bethesda is planning dlc for New Vegas, but Chris doesn't seem to be in that loop.</p>
<p>For the full interview head on over <a href="http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/articl ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/">Planet Fallout</a></p>
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

meant to say in the last news post, congrats on your news posting powers and also good work staying on lookout
DAC D; forever watchful
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Seems like he on purpous is trying to either slightly warn the old Fallout 1-2 fans or just say "that time's over, get used to it".

I mean I KNOW they specificly said that Fallout Vegas was drawing inspiration from Fallout 2....and then such a dick answer like "Fallout 3"....

Inspiration from Fallout 3? It's fucking BUILT on the fallout 3 engine....I'm not saying he has to say Fallout 1 or 2...he could say his wife, his children, the hooker he fucked in Mexico or his dog. But Fallout 3? Sigh.
Well anyway I didn't like his answers and he lost some respect in my eyes. Seems like a good Bethesda puppy now. But hardcore mode sure seems interesting and I think I'll be paying for this game as long as it doesn't need 20-200 mods to work properly.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Any last words to the fans?

Begin again. But know when to let go. ;)
Eat my cock sellout!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

So his suggestion that the past will never come back is being a sellout?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Retlaw83 wrote:So his suggestion that the past will never come back is being a sellout?
Well as for the "past" not coming back, the only thing stopping the return of high quality gaming is the fact they're trading it in to pander to a wider audience, mainly built up of "casual gamers" and people who are too young to buy the games themselves.

Keep in mind I'm not as optimistic about New Vegas as some of you guys.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't think his comment was about "quality" gaming so much as things like turn-based isometric.
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

To me it seemed a diss against the whole old franchise. How big of a dick do you have to be to call the previous game, using the same engine and same weapons the "inspiration" for this new one?

Maybe you're right, but I'd think most people were already over the fact that Fallout Vegas won't be a turn-based isometric game and recognized that complaints about F3 aren't centered around that. Wouldn't you agree?
Last edited by Username on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

If it was a sensible world, I'd agree. But a lot of people are still bitching you can't get the old-school Fallout feel of characters and story in this new engine. It's time for those people to let go of the presentation and see what a modern Fallout can be like when the people making it actually have talent.

As for stuff he said that might not ring true, whose to say? As I think it was Kashluk who pointed out, the game making industry is pretty small and if you insult a major title in a professional context in any way, you're shitting where you eat.
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

That's different. And one of the things they are indeed trying to fix in Vegas. They, even according to Chris in this interview, are trying to remake the deep story with the choice and consequence pattern that wasn't always that predictable. That is bring back the "old-school Fallout feel of characters and story*edit*".

Also while you're right in regards to not shitting all over F3 as a F3-Vegas producer/programmer/what ever he could at least try not suck as much cock as he does?

Not that it was was a mouthfull to say what he said but still.
Last edited by Username on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Retlaw83 wrote:If it was a sensible world, I'd agree. But a lot of people are still bitching you can't get the old-school Fallout feel of characters and story in this new engine. It's time for those people to let go of the presentation and see what a modern Fallout can be like when the people making it actually have talent.
NEVER YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE
Our Host!