Quotes of the year: Beth Forums addition

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Metro Tunnels?

I wasn't aware Nevada HAD metro tunnels. This guy IS radical!
UnDeCaf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by UnDeCaf »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:that's incredibly depressing, undecaf.
I know. I laughed at it first, but now it feels more like a tragedy than an unintentional idiocy of the unaware.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

2 posts? weird, i thought you were an older member. you came from the Bethtard board, right? i remember you were one of the only brainful members over there. i troll there pretty often. i always start out mild and then break into a "this is what Bethesda completely failed at" mob-riot poster. my latest incarnation was VanBurro, fyi. :drunk:
UnDeCaf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by UnDeCaf »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:2 posts? weird, i thought you were an older member. you came from the Bethtard board, right? i remember you were one of the only brainful members over there. i troll there pretty often. i always start out mild and then break into a "this is what Bethesda completely failed at" mob-riot poster. my latest incarnation was VanBurro, fyi. :drunk:
From among the bethtards, yes. And thanks for the elevating comment.

I thought there was something about VanBurro... I was actually kinda disappointed when he stopped appearing; one of the very few members who actually knew what they were talking about.

:drunk:
UnDeCaf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by UnDeCaf »

UnDeCaf wrote:
TwinkieGorilla wrote:2 posts? weird, i thought you were an older member. you came from the Bethtard board, right? i remember you were one of the only brainful members over there. i troll there pretty often. i always start out mild and then break into a "this is what Bethesda completely failed at" mob-riot poster. my latest incarnation was VanBurro, fyi. :drunk:
From among the bethtards, yes. And thanks for the elevating comment about the brains.

I thought there was something about VanBurro... I was actually kinda disappointed when he stopped appearing; one of the very few members who actually knew what they were talking about.

:drunk:
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

the fuck are you tryin' to tell me, eh? yeah, yeah. i forgot my daily update. here's a quickie.

AJensen reminds us how important "placine" items are in nexxxt-gen cRPGs with his brilliant thread "House Editing - Inside Placine items in rooms."
Just a small thought, and i bet most people will disagree with the idea saying it may be like the Sims, but o well.

With the houses for F3, it always bugged me where the un-movable items were, like lockers in the Megeton House. What if with the robot servant, there was an editing system. It would change to a whole different screen possible a sky-view with a grid of the house, yet again, the megaton house, 1st and 2nd floor. Choose which you would like to edit and you could move the lockers, refrigerator, or bed. Then if you pressed A or X, depending on the console, you would go into more info of the item, maybe different decals or skins for it, possibly metal, wood, etc. Then there could be a different option for items on the shelf. Depending on the size of the item, you could place guns, helmet, ammo, etc. from your inventory, onto the shelves.

Now I'm probably gonna get a ton of "This idea sucks", but its an idea, that's what the forum is for.

Just post different takes on this idea, or if you have an idea to make this system seem better, post that too.
This idea sucks.

In today's modern gaming-society, it is important to be able to wear awesome clothes. Or so future MIT student Orikvdhr argues in his intellect-defying thread entitled "More charecter custimazation"...
Ok i love fallout but i hated how you could only wear a hand full of cloths like u had the chest,and head and that was it. Do you think that there should be more slots aviable like hands, feet, neck, rings, legs and chest seperate, etc.
Ok i love wearing different cloths wich maek you custimazed like u had for yourbody in real life but i thihnk people like you who want to LARP inside a vidiogam shud be drugged out into teh street by your balls and then shot.

But hey, a forum can't completely function if everybody's a drooling retard and whenever I see somebody actually braining his heart out at Bethsoft, I shed a little tear.
Fact: in FO3 allocating points into S.P.E.C.I.A.L. had little affect on your combat abilities

Fact: in FO3 I played the entire game at w/0 allocating any points into SPECIAL. How?:
1. See enemy
2. Hide behind cover and wait for them to close distance
3. Pop into VATS and headshot
4. Win. Who needs an RPG system? FO3 sure doesn't.

Fact: FO1 & 2 had rich RPG systems that dynamically affected the combat system and how the player played the game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, or don't agree, then you really need to give FO2 a shot. It will change your perception of how a rich character creation RPG system should function. Your skills and abilities not only drastically affect your combat, but change they way people perceive you, and the way your character perceives them. Quests open up, new dialog options appear, and new weapons become available, all depending on how you created your character. In FO3 some of those elements remained, but on a much shallower level. Much, Much shallower.

Will FONV bring any of the RPG richness back that FO1 & 2 captured so well? Will combat be more than waiting for enemies to come to you and then poping into VATS? I know some of the original developers of FO1 & 2 are developing the game, so I have my hopes up...
but kamakazzi soon learns what it truly means to be a Fallout fan as SystemShock gives what is most likely the best advice for any of us who actually want NV to be as good as Fallout 1 or 2.
No it won't. You will be disappointed. Don't play FNV.

he's very likely right, kamakazzi. best bring those hopes down a tad.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

DaC's Best Thread '10 - I'm calling it now - taking all bets this way
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I completely agree.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Meet Robotoh, the guy Bethesda will no doubt hire to make decisions like making Harold appear in DC:
How about once in a while you'd bump into 'The Lone Wanderer'. There would be a whole bunch of defining features to the encounter though. Would it be possible for them to use a file from your FO3 saves?
Never to fear, though, Listerman is on the case to point out problems in geography and highlight Fallout 3's emotionally resonant and impactful gameplay:
I do not see it as feasible, as the Lone Wanderer's personality was greatly dependant on the actiosn of the player...not too mention he's on the east coast.
Boy, those character defining elements were rich. It would be too much for the designers to compensate for whether or not you shoved the FEV in the water purifier or were a cowardly prick who sent someone in there who could actually turn it on without getting murdered. Those two choices make all Fallout 3 characters so deeply different from each other amirite.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I haz moar!

Fallout 3 Glitches Galore!
I've done everything the quests said to help Wernher, but when i try to go to the Market Square he starts blasting me with his .44. When i try to kill him, he just goes unconscious and gets up again. i can't finish because of him, help!
Sara Lyons keeps on saying let's secure the area and it's already secured. The conversation that supposed to decide who goes into the purifier never starts so I can't finish the game.
P.S I downloaded broken steel
+++
Hey everyone, I transferred all of my files from my old 20gb HD to a 10g memory card, then back to my new 120gb HD and then installed Fallout 3, everything seems to be fine, except when I load fallout, it proceeds to freeze right a few seconds after loading a character, any help would be great, thanks!
I am also having a problem like this. When I first installed two DLC, The Pitt, Operation Anchorage, Point Lookout and Broken Steel, I couldn't move or see my HUD after I wake up '2 weeks after' you activate Project Purity. I Uninstalled all the DLC and only installed the Broken Steel add on and It worked. I played for a couple of hours and tried installing the second add on pack and Now It Freezes At A Load Screen. I want to like this game but all these issues are pissing me off.
Unless I'm mistaken and the forums mods PM people, Beth just seems to ignore posts like these.
+++
Playing through my 2nd time finishing achievements, just finished the pitt and noticed none of the stat bonus from bobbleheads or armors are working. Any idea of how to fix or am I just screwed?
Having trouble starting The Pitt addon. I got to where Wernher is, killed the Raiders hold the captives, set them free, etc. Everytime I go back and talk to Wernher, he just says something to the effect of lets go. But he doesn't go anywhere. When I go into the tunnel with the rail cart, it says I can't use it yet. I've tried the kill and resurrect console commands, but can't seem to get the thing to reset. Any suggestions? Appreciate any help.
Radioactive Retards
I already drop the game a few times, because of my build, and now i decided to ask before ill start playing again, because this time, i want to finish it...
Basically i want a charecter with a lot of HP, and the ability of using the guns and make the best out of them.
I want to be able also to open a lock when needed....
I also dont want to stuck in any part of the game because of missing points.

What should i raise in s.p.e.c.i.a.l & skills?

Thank you.
ok iv played before but not on my own consle coz it was broke but now fixed i wanna know what gun i should get and use for a wile i have Broken steel and point look out installed some help plzzzz
This is regurading DLC:
Since I got the GOTY FO3 for PC how do I tell if I can actually goto any of them? is it in my quest log? or does it just randomly just show up
ive got a ps3 and pc po3 i got the pc because of the mods but i just cant stand the controls, so im planning to get a 360 controller and playing with that as a controller,
does anyone else use a 360 controller on a pc and if so would you recommend it?
How accurate is the fallout series to what would acually happen if nuclear fallout were to happen? As far as what would be left over, settelments, raiders, super mutants, ghouls...

Already found a man who bears similarities to a ghoul...I feel bad for him :(

[img]http://therearenosun...hima_victim.jpg[/img]
(Yonmanc here: Actually found this bit interesting)

And i remember a thread earlier about a real vault...
I sometimes save in megaton pullout the fatman and start nukin the town damn fun or somewhere else like bigtown and kill people for fun or do epic suicide
Usually if I'm bored I switch the game off and do something else. My two cents...

He get's a good few answers, these are the ones that stand out:
Blow up cars. With the Experimental MIRV that is.
I go on a massive killing spree. :gun:
I have waited for days and days and days and he won't show up in megaton. Did he die or is he just not appearing 'cause I'm extremely unlucky?
Horrible Ideas for NV
You know what this game needs?

It needs multiple intros instead of just the vault or what ever
Wouldn't it be cool if they had a quest where you could time travel to like 2070 or sometime before the Great War. Then you can walk around a chunk of vegas before the bombs hit it. Everything in prestine condition, people grumbling about. Maybe it would have to be earlier, since the plague was messing everything up. But would this be cool? I think it would.
No to Enclave faction ... But YES to old Enclave equipment, aquired vertibirds and ex-enclave followers
I really think 4 player split-screen or co-op would be sweet to try on the fall out, and im sure if you didnt like it that bethsoft would set it up to were you can just do one player instead of 4 spilt-screen or co-op. I think if you guys would give it a chance you might like it Please comment on this
Why do so called fans keep putting a gap between "fall" and "out"?

IT'S ONE FUCKING WORD!
Now in my opinion id think it would be great to have a zoo full of big scorpions, then we could play a game called throw something in for food. Likely a zoo would probably not be in the game. If there was a zoo then would you like to kill stuff and feed it to the pets? I think that would be awesome. If so leave a comment and if there is a thread close this one. :trophy:

SPECIAL QUIZ TIME!

WHICH IS WORSE, THE QUESTION, OR THE ANSWER?

Question:
I read. A lot. Whenever in a bookstore, I often see many tie-in novels for franchises that normally exist in non-textual forms (Halo, Gears of War, Warcraft, Star Wars, the list goes on and on). I've always thought the fallout universe had a great, deep lore, and that you couldn't possibly explore all of that world properly in a videogame that takes more than a year or two to complete. Has there ever been any talks of a fallout novel or other form of "Expanded universe" tie-in? Or is it because of that rights snafu with Bethesda and Interplay that none exist?
Answer:
I bet you most of the people that play Fallout will not buy a novel, bec why read a boring book wen you can play a action/adventure/RPG game.Simply NO WAY! :thumbsdown:
The idea of a Fallout Novel just wants me to :swear:
Butthurt
things you hate about fall out 3
i hated it how you couldm only get 1 follower unless you did all sorts of schemes to get more
Schemes?

I wasn't very fond of most of the animations, running and walking mainly. I also really HATED the 'one-piece' suits/clothes. I understand that it was part of the original two games though, so whatever.

That's all I can remember for now.
Followed by:
I hated that too. Also the only having two houses available (actual ones, not just come across)
Also, the being shoehorned into helping the Brotherhood of Steel. Not real open ended play if you could only work one faction.
Also also, merchants only having low amounts of caps, I was looting well more than they could afford all the time. >.<
One piece outfits.

That is all.
* That bug where the frame rate sometimes shoots way down after entering VATS or after a large/nearby explosion.
* One piece armor/clothing. No way to mix and match for greater variety.
* Feral Ghoul Reavers, fire ants and deathclaws
I'm kinda taken back by the hatred for the outfits. It's a game about style, not substance. They like the game. But they don't like the game's style.
Anyway, fucking idiots, It's a shoot 'em up not a dress up game.

Honest Statements / Questions, Bullshit Answers

Question:
Which mod is the best to update/improve the faces of the female characters.If you look closely at the faces some (all?) of the women (including the created character) it seems have have small mustache.
Answer
Thats called shadows. And this isn't the place for asking about mods.
Question
do i have to complete every quest to complete the game ? does it matter what order i do things ? new to fallout and rpg's ! please help ! thanks
Answer:
you dont even have to do quests you can just go out there and explore :P :disguise:
Statement:
I'm all for options in quests, and the ability to play an evil character. But I think the nuke quest is just silly. Not even a self serving mercenary with a violent streak would nuke a city for a couple of caps. If your playing a psychopath that different. But no neutral wanderer or intelligently evil character would destroy one of the few cities left in the wastes for a few caps. You encounter this quest right after leaving the vault, your just getting your bearings and getting used to the sky. Your not going to vaporize the first town you come across. And the reward for such massive carnage is pathetic.
If I was promised some cybernetic augmentation, battle droids, and a vertibird of my own then an evil person would certinaly be tempted at least. But for caps??? Really? Even if I only cared about myself, theres enough things out in the wastes trying to kill me, it's just good buisness to have as many safe places to hang your hat as possible. Your not going to destroy one, specially not just for some money. Just because your selfish doesn't mean you can't think to the future. Why would a mercenary destroy all the possible future jobs an entire town can provide for the sake of one job. It's not even a mountain of caps you could retire on. Considering the task at hand you would think the payment would be at least 10,000 caps.
A real mercenary would turn in B---- and reveal his plot, after being promised a substantial reward. I don't know why there wasn't an option to demand payment before betraying B---'s confidence. And if I was playing a real scumbag, I would be better off selling the entire town into slavery, and taking over the entire city for myself. There's enough radiation in the wastes, I don't need to add any more.
Sorry for the rant, but I found the quest to be almost insulting in its stupidity. Not because it was evil, but because there was no reason to commit such an act and how the reward couldn't begin to compare to the implications of the action.
Answer:
Quite stupid I guess...but I also guess that you can keep that quest till the end and blow up the entire village with the excuse that they pissed you off ;)
An even dumber Answer:
The reward should indeed be better, but as for the quest itself, i adore it. Detonating a nuclear bomb, regardless of location is just awesome! And i'm always playing the psychopath in the game, so i don't really care.
A REALLY dumb answer:
When i play as a mercenery and want to blow up megaton i always look at it like im being offered double the pay and a much nicer and better home, plus i just find megaton boring and most the people annoying.

A true mercenery doesnt care about the lives he/she ends just getting the job done.
A nonsensical Answer (wow, looks like I hit the goldmine here :chew: ):
Why someone would do it is not because of the caps.. It's because you get a unique chance of conducting mass murder without anyone punishing you. It has happened in real life. Just pick random murderes from totalitarian regimes and you'll see there are many who would blow up Megaton even for free.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

My heart weeps for humanity, but my brain says sterilize them for our survival.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Exceptions invite unfortunate risks. Far more elegant to kill everyone. :drunk:
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

UnDeCaf wrote:I thought there was something about VanBurro... I was actually kinda disappointed when he stopped appearing
Indeed. The dead donkey avatar was a nice touch....
my vocabulary skills is above you.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Aonaran wrote:Indeed. The dead donkey avatar was a nice touch....
bahaha. i thought it was an appropriate metaphor. they wiped out all of VB's posts like he wasn't even there. awww, this has me all sentimental for my previous Bethtroll accounts. today's installation will feature one of those older interactions.

Once upon a time...
[color=orange]summer[/color] wrote:There are just so many ways you can say the same thing and after long enough, it's repetitive spam. Sorry.
[color=orange]iamgomez[/color] wrote: You mean like all the "Fallout 3 is the best game evar!" threads? I mean, heck...if people are enjoying conversing and are doing so without flaming each other where's the need to judge? And frankly people being realistic and critical seems more constructive and is exercising my mind quite a bit more than would simply drooling on myself and forgiving the short-comings.
[color=orange]summer[/color] wrote:Locked for discussion of moderator actions.
this is how we roll in Bethietown!

and now for something completely different...

kakeislie would like Bethesda to ignore their sponsor's wishes and while they're at it, he'd like some fog please.
When fallout 3 came out the xbox360 version was better then ps3 it ran better and got the dlcs first i dont want that to happen with new vegas where the ps3 version is crud and the 360 version is better and gets everything first. ALSO plz put weather in new vegas like rain THE BEST WEATHER WOULD BE FOG THAT WOULD BE AWSOME I WANT FOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR MIST

*ejaculates*

like a rad-bat out of hell awesomeman swoops in to let us know that he's cautiously optimistic about Obsidian changing the formula Bethesda created for the original Fallout game.
Can't wait for it to come out.So far they have announced a lot of change from fallout 3. Hmmm, "Change" maybe that guy was talking about New Vegas... :)
Anyways what changes from Fo3 get you pumped up about it.Mine would be the weapon mods and the new system of speech.
Or tell us what ruffles your feathers about it?

so what kinds of things you think people want? S.P.E.C.I.A.L. fixed? meaningful C&C? a well-written dialogue? a game with a soul? well, some of you do, i'm sure. but FrostPaw doesn't want change.
I'm excited to have some new fallout to play.....I'm not yet convinced its going to be "better" then fallout 3 because I think all things considered fallout 3 worked just fine.

it's good for what it is.

when you see a thread titled "Things from Fo3 and some other th", chances are you've stumbled upon a gold mine. and oh have we ever. representing the intellectually incongruous wave of Next-Genitals, Left4Candy brings you today's Bethtardian award. congrats and good luck with your future working for Fox news!
Hey guys i have been thinking of some things and i want you guys to choose if u also want it in NV. 1. Paulson he goes away from the Alien ship to look for his family... and he's a Cowboy so he might be living outside Vegas looking for his wife and daughter. 2. Doctor Li goes away from the Citadel to the Commonwealth, Then she walks to the Mojave Wasteland looking for Vaul-Tec tech...or something like that because they need things for an experiment. 3.Whould you like to have Charon as a follower? I whould becuase he is cool and he's my favorite follower. 4.How many followers do you want to have at once. I want 2 followers and one Dogmeat:) :deal: :bolt: :nuke: Later guys i hope u are waiting for Fo NV as much as i do gtg
Charon as a follower? whould i evar!!!

bonus: here are his stimulating poll questions.
Whould you like to have Paulson to live in a lodge looking for his family?

1. That whould be great!
2. Idk maybe he died walking from DC to Vegas.
3. No that whouldn't fit in at all.
Whould you like to have Doctor Li living in texas looking for Vault-Tec Tech

1. Whould be rly cool.
2. Maybe.
3. No screw Li!
Do you want Charon as follower in NV?I whould.

1. Ye Charon Pwns!
2. Depends will Dogmeat be there?
3. Na he's a rotten Ghoul.
How many followers whould you like to have at once?

1. 3 Followers at most.
2. 2 Followers and one Dogmeat.
3. 1 Follower and two Dogmeats.
4. 1 Follower and one Dogmeat
5. 2 Followers.
6. 1 Follower.
the world...she has a very bright future ahead of her.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

I'm just happy I didn't see myself on there.
I see it as a reward for being able to spell, and making coherent sentences.
Glad to be out of there, though. >_>
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Burning Oasis wrote:I'm just happy I didn't see myself on there.
What made you come here? Is it the chicks and free booze?
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Yonmanc wrote:
Burning Oasis wrote:I'm just happy I didn't see myself on there.
What made you come here? Is it the chicks and free booze?
Well, I haven't seen ACR's or motorcycles be mentioned here, except for a few... exceptions.

Also, actual information is posted here, and the concentrated amounts of hate tend to make me feel fuzzy inside.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Burning Oasis wrote:Also, actual information is posted here, and the concentrated amounts of hate tend to make me feel fuzzy inside.
i like you already. :drunk:
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

So is every fallout 3 fanboy age 9 to 14? IT SURE SEEMES THAT WAY.

Reading through some of this caused several facepalms and thoughts about seriously beating some children should our paths ever cross due to their fucking retardedness.

If you want to design your fucking house go play the sims bitch.
Oh you want free roaming? Well why the fuck did you start playing fo3?
You wish there was more shooting? Go play modern warfare 2, and im saying that even though we all know that mw2 is more of an rpg than fo3 is or ever will be.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

MR Snake wrote:So is every fallout 3 fanboy age 9 to 14? IT SURE SEEMES THAT WAY.

Reading through some of this caused several facepalms and thoughts about seriously beating some children should our paths ever cross due to their fucking retardedness.

If you want to design your fucking house go play the sims bitch.
Oh you want free roaming? Well why the fuck did you start playing fo3?
You wish there was more shooting? Go play modern warfare 2, and im saying that even though we all know that mw2 is more of an rpg than fo3 is or ever will be.
A clear example of that fuzzy feeling.
Our Host!