s.s.s.smokin'!

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

johnnygothisgun wrote: and if one more cazsim-esque moron tries to call second hand smoke dangers a load of bs in my presence i will most definitely ram my automobile through their front door. are you truly that dumb? were you bred to be a moron for some specific purpose?
My mom and her significant other (lawl) smoked the entire time I was growing up, and I was on the swim team, ran track, and played plenty of basketball games with my buds - with no problems whatsoever. You're telling me that even while I was developing physically as a youth that it somehow affected me? Fuck that.

The day will come, johnny, that there will be some activity that you enjoy, maybe even video games, where some damn politican or some (insert direction here)-wing nutjob is going to say "video games are destroying our childrens minds and causing them to grow up to be violent, debased, etc etc etc - and there will be enough of the general population out there who will believe it, and they'll ban it.

I seriously doubt gaming will ever be banned, but I'm just using it as a hypothetical situation. You start to erode the basic rights of the individual and it'll always bite you in the ass.

Remember Waco? Just another push against religious freedom in the good ol' FREE United States of America. Guantanamo? Yeah, I'm actually all for letting those assholes get panties put on their head, but it's another push against the rights of the Accused, and the Innocent until proven Guilty crowd.

We're only shooting ourselves in the foot. It just happens to be the toe, which bleeds slowly, gets infected, then the whole damn leg needs to be cut off lest we die.

Sounds crazy? Talk to me in 20 years.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

cazsim83 wrote:My mom and her significant other (lawl) smoked the entire time I was growing up
There should be a disclaimer on the package that says 'smoking might increase the risk of your child turning into a caszim'.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

VasikkA wrote:
cazsim83 wrote:My mom and her significant other (lawl) smoked the entire time I was growing up
There should be a disclaimer on the package that says 'smoking might increase the risk of your child turning into a caszim'.
best anti-smoking ad ever
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

OnTheBounce wrote:PS Dreadnought is pointless. We should ban him worldwide...

Been there. Done that. icon_bored
They haven't quite proved that I am causing cancer yet. But I think they might have a hint. :clap:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Would the world really suffer in any way if videogames were banned?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

my thoughts in the matter are that it should be treated like alcohol. I used to smoke fairly frequently, especially hookah and found that hookah bars were a great place to chill with groups of people.

Then the state(WA) decided to ban all indoor smoking and you have to be 25yds away from a building to smoke. Interestingly enough, it isn't enforced by the cops but by the health department, making it a risk to any business that doesn't kick your ass off the property, but it isn't enforced at all.

the problem with this is that it is being treated like shooting up in public rather than alcohol. People were saying 'oh think of the poor workers being exposed to smoke.' Yeah, they fucking smoke, and your fucking ban doesn't let them. Why not make it okay for certain bars/restaurants/clubs/etc to have smoking? Why not just make them apply for a smoking license? Not only money for the government but allows people to smoke in public places, makes them happy, and saves the gov. money in the long term(theres been a study that healthy people cost more because they don't die off as early as smokers)

i didn't read a good half of the previous comments but assume that you're mostly all in agreement. Oh and 2nd hand is fucking bullshit
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

can we sticky this pls, it would be wise to make it easy to find for when somebody needs a laugh
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

cazsim83 wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote: and if one more cazsim-esque moron tries to call second hand smoke dangers a load of bs in my presence i will most definitely ram my automobile through their front door. are you truly that dumb? were you bred to be a moron for some specific purpose?
My mom and her significant other (lawl) smoked the entire time I was growing up, and I was on the swim team, ran track, and played plenty of basketball games with my buds - with no problems whatsoever. You're telling me that even while I was developing physically as a youth that it somehow affected me? Fuck that.

The day will come, johnny, that there will be some activity that you enjoy, maybe even video games, where some damn politican or some (insert direction here)-wing nutjob is going to say "video games are destroying our childrens minds and causing them to grow up to be violent, debased, etc etc etc - and there will be enough of the general population out there who will believe it, and they'll ban it.

I seriously doubt gaming will ever be banned, but I'm just using it as a hypothetical situation. You start to erode the basic rights of the individual and it'll always bite you in the ass.

Remember Waco? Just another push against religious freedom in the good ol' FREE United States of America. Guantanamo? Yeah, I'm actually all for letting those assholes get panties put on their head, but it's another push against the rights of the Accused, and the Innocent until proven Guilty crowd.

We're only shooting ourselves in the foot. It just happens to be the toe, which bleeds slowly, gets infected, then the whole damn leg needs to be cut off lest we die.

Sounds crazy? Talk to me in 20 years.
As much as i fucking HATE cigarette smoke i am with cazman on this one. You cant let them take the little things because when all of the little things are gone they will take the big ones.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

johnnygothisgun wrote:can we sticky this pls, it would be wise to make it easy to find for when somebody needs a laugh
ok, wiseguy, answer me this question then
Nicotine is fuckin addictive but why is nobody addicted to secondhand smoke?
negullah
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by negullah »

Thor Kaufman wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:can we sticky this pls, it would be wise to make it easy to find for when somebody needs a laugh
Because the original smoker sucks out all the good stuff :drunk:
Underlying works of pagan dreams
Afloat a sea of succumbed fish.
All cannot be what is seems
Even though it's as you wish.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Why can't you be bothered to answer any of the questions?
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

negullah wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:
Because the original smoker sucks out all the good stuff :drunk:
LIES

A onehand-smoker goes into a secondhand-smoker-shop
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Stringy Cat Passed Off as Chicken in Soggy Pastry wrote:affected
Affected ? Yes, that would be one way to phrase it. :drunk:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

As far as i can see it there is not enough evidence on second hand smoke to prove it is bad for you, but on the other hand when some of my wanker friends smoke in my flat i feel fucking TERRIBLe when i wake up, so even if it is not truly that harmful i dont really like second hand smoke, though stopping people from smoking is an infringement on their rights. I think all they should do is what france does (OOH NO HE DIDN'T)
Sorry i hate the french but this idea is good, if you smoke, you lose any health benefits that would treat diseases that cigarettes are proven to cause. But dont fucking ban it, and just make smoking sections in public areas. They do it here and we are run by a bunch of lazy fat shits. If we can do it so can you people.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Caleb wrote:I used to smoke fairly frequently, especially hookah and found that hookah bars were a great place to chill with groups of people.
I went to a hookah bar once to see a friend of mine who has taken up belly dancing. The funny thing about the whole experience was that you could sit in a smoke-filled room sucking on a hookah, but you had to go outside to smoke a cigarette/cigar/pipe. The proprietor explained to me that it was a licensing issue. I found the whole thing irritating/amusing/ludicrous.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Caleb wrote:I used to smoke fairly frequently, especially hookah and found that hookah bars were a great place to chill with groups of people.
I went to a hookah bar once to see a friend of mine who has taken up belly dancing. The funny thing about the whole experience was that you could sit in a smoke-filled room sucking on a hookah, but you had to go outside to smoke a cigarette/cigar/pipe. The proprietor explained to me that it was a licensing issue. I found the whole thing irritating/amusing/ludicrous.

OTB
odd...we'd light up cigs/cigars/sneak some weed into the shisha, lot of dancing going on on the weekends, fucking awesome music, altogether a great time - oh and they just got a full bar as well.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

rabidpeanut wrote:, but on the other hand when some of my wanker friends smoke in my flat i feel fucking TERRIBLe when i wake up, .
You could ask them to smoke outside, no? :eyebrow:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

rabidpeanut wrote:As far as i can see it there is not enough evidence on second hand smoke to prove it is bad for you
Oh it's definately bad for you, no doubt about it. Question is, HOW bad, so bad that you can't even stand next to a smoker outside?
but on the other hand when some of my wanker friends smoke in my flat i feel fucking TERRIBLe when i wake up, so even if it is not truly that harmful i dont really like second hand smoke, though stopping people from smoking is an infringement on their rights.
Your friends are assholes. Ask them to smoke on the windowsill or somewhere else.
And smoking near someone else is an infringement on others rights/freedom, but the point is that while it is so, you have to deal with it yourself if you're outside. If you can't be bothered to move or ask a smoker to move, then you're bloody well asking for it.
I think all they should do is what france does (OOH NO HE DIDN'T)
Sorry i hate the french but this idea is good, if you smoke, you lose any health benefits that would treat diseases that cigarettes are proven to cause. But dont fucking ban it, and just make smoking sections in public areas. They do it here and we are run by a bunch of lazy fat shits. If we can do it so can you people.
Then if you drive a car, you can't be treated for massive injuries?
There are more traffic incidents that cause death than smoking.
There are smokers who are healthy throughout their lives, so it's not a given that your illness would be directly caused by smoking.
If you work in a hazardous enviroment you shouldn't be able to be treated, because you could just find another job?

It's a convenient excuse that tries to put a stop to smoking, although I agree in a clever way.

And seriously, who could call himself a doctor if he refuses to treat a patient, because he thinks the patient deserves it for being a smoker...
Testicular Pugilist
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

cazsim83 wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:, but on the other hand when some of my wanker friends smoke in my flat i feel fucking TERRIBLe when i wake up, .
You could ask them to smoke outside, no? :eyebrow:
yeah, my smoker buddies know me we enough that they don't light up in my house or in my car. I never give them shit about smoking, so the least they can do is not stink out the car.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Smiley wrote:
rabidpeanut wrote:As far as i can see it there is not enough evidence on second hand smoke to prove it is bad for you
Oh it's definately bad for you, no doubt about it. Question is, HOW bad, so bad that you can't even stand next to a smoker outside?
but on the other hand when some of my wanker friends smoke in my flat i feel fucking TERRIBLe when i wake up, so even if it is not truly that harmful i dont really like second hand smoke, though stopping people from smoking is an infringement on their rights.
Your friends are assholes. Ask them to smoke on the windowsill or somewhere else.
And smoking near someone else is an infringement on others rights/freedom, but the point is that while it is so, you have to deal with it yourself if you're outside. If you can't be bothered to move or ask a smoker to move, then you're bloody well asking for it.
I think all they should do is what france does (OOH NO HE DIDN'T)
Then if you drive a car, you can't be treated for massive injuries?
There are more traffic incidents that cause death than smoking.
There are smokers who are healthy throughout their lives, so it's not a given that your illness would be directly caused by smoking.
If you work in a hazardous enviroment you shouldn't be able to be treated, because you could just find another job?

It's a convenient excuse that tries to put a stop to smoking, although I agree in a clever way.

And seriously, who could call himself a doctor if he refuses to treat a patient, because he thinks the patient deserves it for being a smoker...
Driving a car is a necessity, smoking isnt.

NO they don't refuse treatment, but the state no longer pays for it. Since some European countries have a national health service.

Doctors don't take the hippocratic oath anymore, not in countries where abortion is legal at least.
Our Host!