What's so bad about Bethsoft making Fallout 3?

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

or EA bought the license and the corpse rape continued.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Actually EA is not that evil as it comes of to be sometimes. They basicly buy up game studios and founds them. And than they rush them to release games.

If they gotten the fallout license they wouldnt make it them self. They would probably take the original team and forced them to spit out fallout 3, 4, 5 and 6 in a 2 years time with 10 expansion to each one of them. They would have been as buggy as fallout 2 was so basicly nothing would have changed.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: What's so bad about Bethsoft making Fallout 3?

Post by johnnygothisgun »

HappinessInSlavery wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:
HappinessInSlavery wrote:Seriously, you people are elitists. If you don't take a bite out of the shit sandwich and say it tastes good, the Fallout IP will get sold to EA or something and it'll just get even worse. Oblivion wasn't exactly a horrible game in the first place.
HappinessInSlavery wrote:Just picture this, if you will. You're a Vault Dweller, tasked to find a water chip for your vault. As soon as you meet a trader for the first time, he advertises Need For Speed XXX to you and speaks in ebonics. In order to accompany him to Shady Sands, you have to pay for a $50.00 upgrade for the game that adds towns. Then, when you finally get to Shady Sands, you suddenly hear a popular rap song playing in the background, and people are driving street racing cars and yelling at each other in unintelligible swell guy talk. On a wall, you see an Axe logo, and when you turn around, you get a pop-up screen advertising Battlefield Your Mother's Vagina. You think, "How the hell am I supposed to play this piece of shit?"

That is what an EA Fallout would be like. Bethsoft Fallout seems like Heaven by comparison.
so your defense of bethesda is "it could be worse"? woo woo, here comes the moron train, next stop is you

if we're talking action games, its a different story, but as far as crpgs go - yes, oblivion was a horrible game in the first place. stop posting

youre not going to convince us of anything. stop posting. your arguments are quite tired, and they are not sound. stop posting. in fact i would go so far as to say that youre just plain wrong. just stop posting
My argument isn't that it simply could be worse. My argument is that if we don't support the Bethsoft FO3, it will be worse.
how old are you? this doesnt make sense. so if we support bethesdas rape of the license it will magically turn into something that isnt a rape of the license? hold on - ill come to your home and start kicking your dog. however, with your support, kicking your dog will turn into something much better. actually, no, its just me kicking your dog, only this time you smile and approve

or perhaps youre trying to insinuate that if we support them bethesda will listen to the fans and make a true fallout title? bzzzt, wrong. not only has the time for that been long past, but look at the media we're getting from beth. they quite obviously listened to no one but themselves. are you familiar with their talk about 'the spirit of fallout'? the 'things that made fallout great'? i am, and i now know that they were simply talking for the sake of PR, because a whole lot of what weve seen thus far proves they either know nothing or dont care about fallout
Last edited by johnnygothisgun on Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

This game will be SHIT.

PERIOD.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
HappinessInSlavery
SDF!
SDF!

Post by HappinessInSlavery »

johnnygothisgun wrote:
HappinessInSlavery wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote: so your defense of bethesda is "it could be worse"? woo woo, here comes the moron train, next stop is you

if we're talking action games, its a different story, but as far as crpgs go - yes, oblivion was a horrible game in the first place. stop posting

youre not going to convince us of anything. stop posting. your arguments are quite tired, and they are not sound. stop posting. in fact i would go so far as to say that youre just plain wrong. just stop posting
My argument isn't that it simply could be worse. My argument is that if we don't support the Bethsoft FO3, it will be worse.
how old are you? this doesnt make sense. so if we support bethesdas rape of the license it will magically turn into something that isnt a rape of the license? hold on - ill come to your home and start kicking your dog. however, with your support, kicking your dog will turn into something much better. actually, no, its just me kicking your dog, only this time you smile and approve

or perhaps youre trying to insinuate that if we support them bethesda will listen to the fans and make a true fallout title? bzzzt, wrong. not only has the time for that been long past, but look at the media we're getting from beth. they quite obviously listened to no one but themselves. are you familiar with their talk about 'the spirit of fallout'? the 'things that made fallout great'? i am, and i now know that they were simply talking for the sake of PR, because a whole lot of what weve seen thus far proves they either know nothing or dont care about fallout
I never said either. I thought I was pretty damn clear in my statement there, but let me rephrase it AGAIN. If we don't support this FO3, Bethsoft will lose money on it, the IP will be given to an even more evil corporation, and we'll get raped even more than we currently are.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

that is quite possibly the single dumbest idea i have ever heard in relation to fallout 3. stop posting
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

HappinessInSlavery wrote: I never said either. I thought I was pretty damn clear in my statement there, but let me rephrase it AGAIN. If we don't support this FO3, Bethsoft will lose money on it, the IP will be given to an even more evil corporation, and we'll get raped even more than we currently are.

LMFAO, yeah we were told something similar with POS, we were told to buy it so Iply could afford to make van buren.

Sorry dipshit, we didnt fall for it then and wont fall for it now.

FallOrc will hopefully bomb, Beth will die, and another complany might make a real FO3.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

HappinessInAwfulMusicAndTheBrainDamageOTheBraindDamageItAugments wrote:never
Your . . . argument involves will bereft of freedom.

In your time under this moniker you have succinctly epitomised vapid twat. Such developments are, characteristically, very traumatic for my library. Whether this was a carefully nurtured potential you once concealed from others, or simply a flamboyant and irrepressible zeal for scorn of prior display, not-so-subtly altered, I do not care to speculate.

The only question -

WHICH VAPID TWAT ?

The only answer -

GET OUT.

:drunk:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Fuck it, let EA buy rights. I bet GTA: Fallout Advanced Warrior will sell like hotcakes all across the world.

I don't understand what's with this "Take the best of the worst because it has the potential to go further downhill" option so many people have. Are you fucking stupid?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

HappinessInSlavery wrote:the IP will be given to an even more evil corporation.
So you're saying, we should support crap that goes against everything we like simply because of YOUR assumption that if we don't, Bethsoft will sell a license of something that they deemed unworthy to continue to develop for? Sorry, I don't care if Fallout is my favorite franchise - shit is shit no matter what sort of wrapper it comes in.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Pls re-rephrase w wurds in Inglesh?

Why is this still a discussion? We don't agree, we aren't going to agree. Why should we approve of something that we don't like? Because it could be worse?

No!

That's like saying, "Oh, thank god for this flood, 'cause it could have been a fire you know!"

Why should we do that? Why should we accept mediocrity from a medium that only becomes more and more expensive as it becomes worse and worse? This doesn't even apply just to Fallout anymore, this applies to all game franchises.

We're supposed to employ the sort of blind fan-boyish fanaticism that has made Bethesda popular just on the off-chance that if we don't we might get a worse game? That's crazy talk! We love what we love about Fallout, they know what we love about Fallout, and yet despite all of their lip-service they haven't brought any of the goods to the table. This is becoming the kind of game that Bethesda makes, which is flat out not the kind of game that Fallout needs to be.

This population has spoken and it has found this to be not Fallout, and therefore not for them. Cut the appeasement talk.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Fee-fi-fo-fum... I smell troll... troll I smell!

Sounds like a Beth dev. trolling.

"Support us! It could be worse! If we fail, we might loose the license to EA Sports..."

"Happiness in slavery" is that Todd's secret sentiments of working at Bethesda?

"Shh! Don't tell Zenimax!"

Ok, Todd, we won't, just can everything you got on Fallout so far and start from scratch.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

HappinessInSlavery wrote:I never said either. I thought I was pretty damn clear in my statement there, but let me rephrase it AGAIN. If we don't support this FO3, Bethsoft will lose money on it, the IP will be given to an even more evil corporation, and we'll get raped even more than we currently are.
After it's been exhumed, raped, castrated, lobotomised and then whored out by Bethesda to the troglydytes, it has ceased to be Fallout and is no longer relevant what happens to it.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
HappinessInSlavery
SDF!
SDF!

Post by HappinessInSlavery »

Zetura Dracos wrote: That's like saying, "Oh, thank god for this flood, 'cause it could have been a fire you know!"
No, it isn't. It's more like saying "Oh, thank god for this fire, 'cause it could have been an asteroid hitting the earth and causing the extinction of all humankind!"

And I have absolutely jack shit to do with Bethesda. Hell, I don't even live in Maryland. Happiness in Slavery is the name of a song by the band Nine Inch Nails, which is one of my favorite bands.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

FREEEEDOMMMM!!!!

I'm gonna play some FO2 and have myself a good cry for all that was, is, and will ever be.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

PsychoSnipers wrote:It'd be funny if FO3 bombed, they sold the lisence in a firesale, and someone with skill got the IP rights, and made a 2nd FO3 (totaly ignoring the beth FO3) that was quality.
Not likely, there are enough Oblivion whores out there.

Remember...HALF of the Population has an IQ less then 100, which explains why so many people bought Oblivion
Our Host!