Fallout Replay with Low Int

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Fallout Replay with Low Int

Post by PaladinHeart »

I'm replaying the first Fallout with a low int. character. Even though she has high charisma, people still don't like her. :-P

I'm hoping I can use mentats and get inside the BOS and get her Int up to 3. Or will she still be dumb as a brick? xD

A low int character is probably the most difficult way to play the Fallout games, considering the limited skill points. I chose gifted as well. Haha! 4 skill points per level.

At least some guns give a nice bonus to your small guns skill....

It's interesting as I have encountered some scenarios I'd never have gotten to see otherwise. I got a free Rad X from the other guard at the BOS base, along with a funny convo. Haha! "No! Don't eat it now. Wait until you get there..."

Since she has high charisma I thought it'd be funny to make the game even harder by tagging Barter, Speech, and Throwing skills.

I used my only two grenades to kill a group of rats (3+ kills per grenade).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i think if you have in < 3 and you want to get into the brotherhood, the fella there just pities you and lets you stroll on in.

but i might be lying?

still, the pity of others will get you far.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

atoga wrote:i think if you have in < 3 and you want to get into the brotherhood, the fella there just pities you and lets you stroll on in.

but i might be lying?

still, the pity of others will get you far.
Actually that's the only case where I've gotten something for free. Aside from the crazed gang member in Junktown cutting himself to pieces after I talked to him a few times. xD Free loot! The best of the loot being the leather armor he had.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Our Host!