stupid fallout experiences............

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

The most stupid thing related to Fallout that happened to me, was the fact that I registered at NMA.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

In Fallout 2, when I went to the ghost farm outside modoc I had 1hp left from a random encounter with some radscorpions. When it came time to fall through the floor into the slag's hideaway, I fell to my death.

One of the protectors appropriately said "Ooh! that's gotta hurt."
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:In FO2 I didn't realize that when dead bodies stack on top of each other, and you try to loot them, there's arrows so you can cycle trhough them. It used to piss me of so much - trying to click some edge of a foot or hand to loot the body/bodies on the bottom, and never getting it. Years later I realized it by accident and was so pissed off. I don't think FO1 has this feature though.
I still to this day try to kill people in different spots and angles....

Doh! :?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

PaladinHeart wrote:
Cimmerian Nights wrote:In FO2 I didn't realize that when dead bodies stack on top of each other, and you try to loot them, there's arrows so you can cycle trhough them. It used to piss me of so much - trying to click some edge of a foot or hand to loot the body/bodies on the bottom, and never getting it. Years later I realized it by accident and was so pissed off. I don't think FO1 has this feature though.
I still to this day try to kill people in different spots and angles....

Doh! :?
Wow.. You can do that? Well that's my dumbest moment. Actually, no.. Here's a good one. I got the game in '98 and played through to the Hub in Fallout 1 without going into any tunnels because I was in sixth grade and I never read any part of game manuals. Therefore I had no idea you could right click on a hole to climb down it.

I must have stood at the Vault 15 entrance for twenty minutes trying to use a rope on it. And at that point I didn't even know what rope was for in the game. I had just run out of ideas. I think I might have even used dynamite on that damn thing before it occurred to me to open up the manual.
Now that's dumb
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Jokque
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jokque »

:O

i didnt know that, and ive played the game through maye 7 times
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

I got a good 1... i tried using plastic explosives to open the door in the Temple from my inventory but i forgot to drop it so after about 10 sec i explode, this REALLY took me by surprise (1st time playing)
For now i have none...but i will soon....
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

Here are mines:

Fallout Demo:
Stealing from the first guard near me was the first thing I did. Kicked his ass and then it became a full war against the citizens of the city. Got out of ammunition after trying to kill baldies. Joined the fools and tackled the other gang. NEVER bring your bare hands to a MINIgun fight!!

Fallout: Rats KICKED MY ASS!!! LOL!!
Tried to steal stuff from Set, ended with a Hunting Rifle shot as gift. FOUGHT the entire Shandy Sands... and wow.

Tried to Fight The Hub with a Combat Shotgun.

"Radiation? Wonder what that does. Oh well, have to get out of this hole". 3 squares later...
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I never even knew about nuking the cathedral until like two years of playing the game.
does this work
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Donk ask me what I did to set it off but...

Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

OH GOD ROCKET BONER
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

WTF...

Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Today I was playing and I was killing that shi guy with dynamite but He caught me Putting it in his inventory. So I Shot him with my gaus rifle. Sulik ran over and started to beat the shit out of A guard and knocked him out of the screen into the blackness behind the wall. I shot another guard and he fell to the floor
Got up and ran into a bullet that another guard fired in front of him.

When I Got outside with less than 10 HP I Exploded into many tiny pieces because i forgot to remove the dynamite from my inventory. Plus that bastard sulik survived because he was wearing power armour :anger:
Our Host!