Sprite Editing

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Dak
Regular
Regular

Vehicles

Post by Dak »

Sorry it took awhile, had to dig these out of my backup files. This was the first one I did before I had fixed the shadows in the BMP to ZAR conversion. It was just used to test out the viewer so as I said before not being an artist, had to use what I could find.

This was only a test but it worked. In the Zip File for the viewer you'll find a Quick start tutorial that explains how to quickly creat a Vehicle. With good graphics it will look good.

Edit: I did a second one with far better graphics and 4 directions, how ever I do not have the artist permission to show that one.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: Vehicles

Post by Max-Violence »

Dak wrote:Edit: I did a second one with far better graphics and 4 directions, how ever I do not have the artist permission to show that one.
That stinks :(

That police car looks pretty good for one of such self-proclaimed lack of artistic talent! I wonder if any arteests are reading this thread...
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Dak if that's the kubelwagon I'm sure he won't mind, as the tile version has already been released.
Dak
Regular
Regular

Vehicle

Post by Dak »

Here is the one where the graphics are real good. I normaly do not like releasing or show items without permission, but since its already been finished as a tile. Anyway here it is as a Sprite. I was able to do 4 directions and it not only worked well as a vehicle but due to the great graphics looked real good in the game. Also if you'll note the shadows look correct. I did this one after fixing the shadow blending in the BMP to ZAR, so read about the palette set up in the Help Menu.

Edit: The images where done by Toan.
Last edited by Dak on Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Damn that Kuebelwagen looks good!

You say it only has four directions with the others spliced in from another sprite, though? 'Tis a pity, but I'd use it if it fit into a project, that's for sure.

Speaking of WWII, I haven't forgotten you, Req, just been really busy coming very close to washing out of Master Gunner School. Right now there are 16 of 32 students remaining, and 12 of us will be getting our last chance to pass the last event Thursday morning, which is the day before graduation. I'm gonna be hella pissed if I wash out the day before gradation, but not for long. You see if I don't make it...well, it's been nice knowing you. My First Sergeant will crush my nuts, then my head... :(

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Dak
Regular
Regular

kubelwagon

Post by Dak »

The artist did the 4 basic directions so thats what I uesd, it was done as a test, back when I was fixing the shadows.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

OnTheBounce wrote:Damn that Kuebelwagen looks good!
It's also a magnificent tile, especially considering the original 3d model I asked To_an to work from.
OnTheBounce wrote:Speaking of WWII, I haven't forgotten you, Req, just been really busy coming very close to washing out of Master Gunner School.
No problem, if I haven't said it before I'll say it again real life comes first! Besides we had another loss last month so I've not been able to do anything with the editor other than stare blankly at it.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

OnTheBounce wrote:I'd use it if it fit into a project, that's for sure.
Me too! It looks hawt, if only it had a place in my current map... (and Dak sent me the sprite, of course).
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Mapping again already MV?
Dak
Regular
Regular

Vehicle

Post by Dak »

Would send it, but for 2 things, first have been unable to contact Toan for permission, and 2 its around a 7Meg file.

Edit: Might be able to over come item 2.
To_an
SDF!
SDF!

Post by To_an »

Hi,
To everybody who want to use my tiles or sprites, no need for asking my permission. You could use it as you wish. I have made these tile for Req. and everybody could use them totally.

Good luck in mapping and moding to OTB, MV and Requiem_for_a_Starfury (especially for you man:))
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Aha, so what's all that about Sprite editor I'm reading?
Is it really here? I can hardly believe it.
Have you guys made anything with it yet?

Cheers,
Flame.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Mapping again already MV?
Yep! :dance: Finished major tilework (i.e. minimap = rendered). I'm doing the detail tilework now and I've got some of the basic triggers done. Workin' out the nuances of the storyline as I lay tiles. :evil_laugh:
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Flamescreen wrote:Aha, so what's all that about Sprite editor I'm reading?

Cheers,
Flame.
I haven't played with it much yet but would like to make one of those long sought after vehicle actors. Unfortunately I have other projects keeping me busy lately so I don't know.....
Dak
Regular
Regular

Wagon

Post by Dak »

Big thanks to Toan. I'll bag it and tag it from my backups and get it posted shortly. Well as soon as I can track it down in my backups.

Edit: Good news bad news.

First good news found the Kuebelwagen Sprite, will have it posted tomorrow evening, for those who want to play with it, remember if you use it please credit Toan for the images.

Second the bad news. Found a bug in my code. Will have the fix done also tommorrow, and get it posted, will also send copy of the new version to JJ86 so he can post it on his site. Sorry about this.

Alittle good news, new version will be a little more user friendly.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

As well as vehicle actors it would be nice if someone could fix the mortar sprite so it could be used as a turret, and speaking of turrets perhaps the tank turret could now be converted into a robot turret?
Dak
Regular
Regular

Bug fixed

Post by Dak »

Ok have fixed the bug, and did some work on the Viewer/Editer. Its been uploaded, and a copy sent to JJ86. Have also uploaded the Kwagon Sprite, should have the links shortly.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:
Flamescreen wrote:Aha, so what's all that about Sprite editor I'm reading?

Cheers,
Flame.
I haven't played with it much yet but would like to make one of those long sought after vehicle actors. Unfortunately I have other projects keeping me busy lately so I don't know.....
That'd be great. I'm not having much time myself and what little time I have I invest to modding civ3 currently, but from the sounds of it, some of my animation work could transfer to FoT.

I'm mainly interested to make a Vault dweller that is able to use weaponry and stuff, for which I have lots of animation done already and was lacking in the initial version. That would so much the game experience in my opinion.

Greets to all MapRats and gang btw. Glad to see you guys are into it still.
Oh, and thanks to Dak of course for enhancing Red's Redviewer. Hope Red can see it too.

Cheers,
Flame
Dak
Regular
Regular

Kwagon Link

Post by Dak »

Finaly got the Kwagon Link form 3d Downloads. So here it is.

http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Fallout Tactics/Sprite/Kwagon.zip

Not sure why I haven't got the new Link for the Editer Update, however JJ86 will be posting. Sorry about this. If you have created any new Sprites and are having problems with them, as soon as its posted for down load get the new Updated Version and all you should need to do is open your Sprite and Save it. That should fix any problems.

As soon as I can get the link from 3d Downloads I'll post it.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Unfortunately at this time I can not upload to my site so I have uploaded the newer Redviewer here:

Download RedView49_3_1.zip

Hopefully Fileanchor should be a quicker download than 3d Downloads. I'll try to find a way to update my site in the near future. Seriously I would recommend Fileanchor as a great upload site for anyone. There is a 20Mb limit or 50Mb if you are nice to the admin there. You can also direct link images that are uploaded there to any forum.
Our Host!