Two years on VAN BUREN IS ALLLIIIIVE

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Why can't you just release all the info at once? Will you get in trouble or do you need it to keep NMA alive? It just feels like a gimmick, like "WE HAVE VAN BAURON INFO, but you have to come back every week to see it lol."

You aren't proffessional, Kharn. None of us are because its a freakin fansite of a game. You may think you have some higher sense of pride and honour but that just makes you even more of the swell guy we know you as. The people at NMA or DAC aren't journalists, they are just fans interacting with each other.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: Hihi

Post by Spazmo »

Alexander wrote:By the highway, Van Buren-guys: I recommend you watch this movie. It is a love story. Could be interpreted as an allegorical tale of your praising of this "game".
I was hoping it'd be Weekend at Bernie's.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I just had an epiphany. Turns out, Fallout is just some fucking game.
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

Just one point to make.

What makes you think it's NMA "holding out" on fully releasing the material? It could be the source holding it back.

This whole "pissing contest" is one big joke.

Each site offers their own specialities and interests. It's very clear by the forums what each community offers.

This bickering back and forth is a complete waste of time and effort.

DAC has it's "style", and NMA has ours.

Let's leave it at that and move on.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

briosfreak already admited to having gigs of the shit.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

Cool.

I really don't see why DAC has a problem with it.

If you don't like it, and consider it dead, don't read it.

If you're interested in what the BIS flavored FO3 would have been, knock yourself out.

I just find it ironic that Teatime (and seemingly all of DAC), finds NMA's providing VB information as corpse humping, yet it doesn't prevent it from being posted as a news item.

If the majority aren't interested, and it's considered a "dead" game by the site operator, don't post it.
Ashmo
Respected
Respected

Post by Ashmo »

There jellous lawl
M2K wrote:HELLO
Dan wrote:LEAVE.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well, as has already been pointed out, pope_viper, there's plenty of stuff posted about on here that I'm not particularly interested by. And anyway, I kind of enjoy posting ITS DEAD more than posting about auto assault.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The problem is Kharn doubling the bandwidth of DAC with his flood of boring and unfunny posts.

We think NMA sucks but we don't go over there to piss them off, while that's exactly what a lot of the NMA crowd does.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

COUGH

D;
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Though it has given me an idea for a new poll...
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

Uhhh, yeah.

And who's been banned, for what reasons?
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Well, as has already been pointed out, pope_viper, there's plenty of stuff posted about on here that I'm not particularly interested by. And anyway, I kind of enjoy posting ITS DEAD more than posting about auto assault.
So you have a site about stuff you're not interested in, right now I see. And you're "comments" on the news just shows what you are about, nice going.
Webmaster@NMA
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Mr. Teatime wrote:So sue me. Saint handed control of DaC over to me and got DU to help out at the same time. If it wasn't for myself, DU, king of creation, lark, and others, this site would be dead. I post news in the style I like to post it, and if you think that "looks bad", well, screw you, buddy, I enjoy it.I really don't care that we're not visited by 100,000,000 people a second. We're a community and serving a community first and foremost, and the fact that we're a lot more active than a year and a half ago shows we're doing something right.

Of course, I often try and say how I feel in my news posts, and often people disagree. you're free to bitch about it in the comments thread, like is happening now, and it won't get locked and hidden away. Sometimes people get pissed off, well that makes things more interesting really. Anyway, you think it looks bad... oh well. That's what the comments thread is for. It's just how I feel, and I'd happily write it up again, to be perfectly honest. I admit i could have written it in a slightly less inflamatory way, but that's not really my style. If you want news posts written for drama's sake, though, go hire exitium.
True that and I'm happy DaC is still around.

What purpose do you suppose to be serving with such posts, though? Your comments aren't witty or informative and would be damned to strike a person as well-formed, not to mention that in general the thread following your VB posts is more positive than your own VB post was. Are you just serving yourself here, 'cause I doubt you're serving the DaC fanbase. Nobody needs a RPGCodex Mk. II, y'know.

Besides which, apart from such facts that I have to deal with flames whenever I posted at DaC from people like Susan and Artur, things had quieted down rather nicely between our two sites, why exactly did you feel the need to toss some incendiary material on the fire?

(you know, the Codex would really be a lot better if it had some editorials and detailed opinions and shit)
Poops wrote:Why can't you just release all the info at once? Will you get in trouble or do you need it to keep NMA alive? It just feels like a gimmick, like "WE HAVE VAN BAURON INFO, but you have to come back every week to see it lol."
It isn't, though. Yes, there is more info here and there (kumquat, Briosa) that hasn't been released yet. Several reasons for that, amongst which that we don't want to release useless tidbits (conversations with developers) anymore, just screenshots, concept art and design docs. I dunno, though, I haven't seen it all myself, I think.

Then there's the whole getting into trouble thing. There are unnamed parties that don't like VB info to be released, which pisses us off something mighty, but which we can't help and it's no good to challenge them by dumping everything.
Poops wrote:You aren't proffessional, Kharn. None of us are because its a freakin fansite of a game. You may think you have some higher sense of pride and honour but that just makes you even more of the swell guy we know you as. The people at NMA or DAC aren't journalists, they are just fans interacting with each other.
Well, duh we're not, but we do have readers expecting certain things. DaC has a different style from NMA, sure enough, but there's no reason to let the entire readerbase constantly know about how much Teatime's annoyed by NMA. Pointless.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

DAC rools NMA drools, you're lucky this is the internet
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Kharn wrote:it seems you're taking this cue from the Codex. Well don't. The Codex is a good site, but their lack of success stems from the fact that they cover relatively little news and rather than giving good, clear and thought-out opinions to their newsposts, they add one or two snide comments, which is neither informative nor amusing.
And you're a douche.
------------------
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

nma community fanart
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Odin wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:Well, as has already been pointed out, pope_viper, there's plenty of stuff posted about on here that I'm not particularly interested by. And anyway, I kind of enjoy posting ITS DEAD more than posting about auto assault.
So you have a site about stuff you're not interested in, right now I see. And you're "comments" on the news just shows what you are about, nice going.
It's not only about the site, but the community. Some of us are interested in VB tidbits, and Teatime being interested in it or not doesn't make us shit throught the roof.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Back on topic...

After waiting 10 minutes to read that design document I'm relieved that the stuff contained will never see the light of day.
Rats, giant cockroaches, mutant bats, and climbing lizards are common hazards, as well as robot police dogs sent to enforce the "quarantine" on the PC.
:giggle: Sounds like all the worst parts of Fallout Tactics. And the non mutant animal stuff sounds just as bad. Salvagers from NCR? MYSTERIOUS MILITARY GROUP not called Enclave?

:drunk:
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Some of us are interested in VB tidbits, and Teatime being interested in it or not doesn't make us shit throught the roof.
And I never said anything about the community either, but rather Teatime's contiuning whining and childish behavior.
Webmaster@NMA
Our Host!