Fallen Earth News

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

T-900 wrote:*eye muscles twitch faintly*
Having flashbacks from the Max Hardcore shoot eh?
Neocron was a masterpiece, and in an RPG you make your own entertainment by roleplaying, the game is the framework you base your roleplay in, and Neocron provided an excellent atmosphere.
Or it was shit.
The animations in fallen earth looked high quality by the standards of any game out now.
Not really. Have you played any recent game? These animations make Morrowind look good.
The market is filled with utterly pointless MMO's. Yes. ... Most books, films, games, music, art that are created are utterly terrible, and a few are damn good.
There's a difference between the entire market filled with shit and the occasional rip-off nobody pays any attention too. Name me 2 good mmporgs that were thought of as good by more than 30 people. I can probably name the same about of books, films, music, art and mabye even 'normal' games.
Megatron, your responces are only more proof that hate is an attractive force... If your dislike for me was as great as you claim you wouldn't actually bother replying

I don't hate you, I think you're a twat. I can't let your stupidity run around, dripping it's creamy froth into everybodys drinks and eating all the peanuts.
XD AND STOP USING THAT FUCKING NAME >< You are an insult to the story that spawned that name..
Ah, the amazing story of robots turning into cars and saving people on oilrigs. Up there with some of the greats eh?
Edit: More to add! If you all hate MMO's so much stop reporting on 'em...
I'd agree, but it's fun making fun of shitty games.
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

this does not compute
Moo and out.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

T-900 wrote:*blink* How dare you mutilate my speech.

You're a fucking moron megatron.... I honestly feel nothing for you but pity... no anger, no hate, just pity *grinning inanely XD*

Megatron is one of the people i like on this forum .... he says whatever he feels without considering what anyone else would think of him ... that is an admirable trait. And hes not an embarrasment to the series that spawned the name, hes just as evil and cool as a forum villian is supposed to be.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

He's a forum villain? I thought that was Kashluk.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Kashluk was the name of my orc Barbarian in ToEE.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
SigmaHex
SDF!
SDF!

Post by SigmaHex »

T-900 wrote:*eye muscles twitch faintly*

Neocron was a masterpiece, and in an RPG you make your own entertainment by roleplaying, the game is the framework you base your roleplay in, and Neocron provided an excellent atmosphere.

The animations in fallen earth looked high quality by the standards of any game out now.

The market is filled with utterly pointless MMO's. Yes. ... Most books, films, games, music, art that are created are utterly terrible, and a few are damn good.

Megatron, your responces are only more proof that hate is an attractive force... If your dislike for me was as great as you claim you wouldn't actually bother replying XD AND STOP USING THAT FUCKING NAME >< You are an insult to the story that spawned that name..

Edit: More to add! If you all hate MMO's so much stop reporting on 'em... find something else to do with the huge amount of time you seem to have on yer hands. Compare this to any other MMO on the market and you've got a damn nice looking game... you can't base comparisons on the magical games you've got in your own skulls which would never work if you actually tried to create them.
Neocron was a PoS and still is, most people are trying to shove some low budget PoS game that would not even pass for a good single-player game into the market labled as a MMORPG, why? because MMOG's are cash-cows....
Killzig: You forgot to thank /SigmaHex/ for the news you ass ninja.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

T-900 wrote:in an RPG you make your own entertainment by roleplaying, the game is the framework you base your roleplay in
By framework, I'm also proposing you mean direction, story, etc. The biggest problem with MMORPG's is that they have none of that, you don't have a character, you have an avatar. Making your own roleplaying is just as boring because all of 5 other people on MMORPG's roleplay and even, so whats the point? How many differant ways can you roleplay killing a rat together?
Harriers for the cup.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

The rat could have killed your father and brought pestilence and famine upon your village.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

And so did every one of 10 thousand other rats you've got to kill in order to make up a new story for why you're killing goblins instead of rats now that you're leveled? MMORPGS are so retarded. They need a damned game where instead of having the entire game mechanic mindless leveling, you could make a living either making things for people, or stealing or something. That way you could OMG ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY and it would be OMG ACTUALLY FUN not the dry shit they invariably are now.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

I keep coming here.. and i never remember my own conclusion: That you are not worth my time, and are one big lost cause... I don't know why i keep trying to change you.

It's depressing to know that Fallout spawned this community, and every fucking one of you has turned into a complete fucking idiot... The change that has come over a large number of you since I first met you *thinks* about four years ago is monumental, and you don't even realise it.. Do you all really think you were depressive, paranoid, ultra-pessimistic invalids before the decline of good RPG games? O_o
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

A decline in good games, and people become pessimistic and critical. I see a logical connection. But seriously, its not some fucking livejournal for you to bitch about how bad you feel and how depressing it is that you keep posting in a forum of people you seem to hold yourself so much higher than, you know, because its kewl to lament how a bunch of guys you met online are now "fucking idiots"

You're pathetic.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

T-900 wrote:I keep coming here.. and i never remember my own conclusion: That you are not worth my time, and are one big lost cause... I don't know why i keep trying to change you.
What do you think you're trying to change? Our opinion on Fallen Earth? Look at the screenshots I posted - those are hardly "excellent" or "amazing" compared to just about any other game coming out this year. Hell, they're worse than most of the games that were released last year! In fact, let's face it, the whole video was pretty much utter shit and that's undebatable. I'm open to new opinions but don't expect us to swallow everything.
It's depressing to know that Fallout spawned this community, and every fucking one of you has turned into a complete fucking idiot... The change that has come over a large number of you since I first met you *thinks* about four years ago is monumental, and you don't even realise it.. Do you all really think you were depressive, paranoid, ultra-pessimistic invalids before the decline of good RPG games? O_o
This is what I find mildly amusing: you keep coming back, only to flamebait and to whinge about how idiotic DAC'ers are. You never really make any valid points (other than "mmorpgs are amazing" or "you're omg stupid", or both), and are unable to come up with a reasonable reply. Walt made some good points & you just shrug it off and carry on with your silly shenanigans as usual. Do you think you were trolling for shits and giggles on DAC about 4 years ago? Ha! Good fun! You really are a fucking dolt, kid.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

T-900 wrote:I keep coming here.. and i never remember my own conclusion: That you are not worth my time, and are one big lost cause... I don't know why i keep trying to change you.

And you fucked up my post so nobody would read it ASSHAT.
NumberZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by NumberZero »

you know, there ARE MMORPGs that don't require you to kill rats repetitively in order to get anywhere right? Back before EQ there was a little game called UO, which was off the hook because it could be played however you wanted to play it. Its just too bad that back when the game cost money most people wanted to play it as a deathmatch. But now that there are free servers all over the place you can actually have fun.
hello, if your fallout idea starts with "Wouldn't it be cool", then i hate you, and i am very saddened by the fact that technology has not advanced to the point where you can reach out and touch other users, because i would strangle you.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Free UO servers? Really? :-O do you still have to buy the game, or what's the deal?
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Used to be MMORPG called Graal that I played a lot, it ran on an engine that pretty much ripped off Zelda: Link to the Past but with almost everything customizable, you could set up houses and everything. People were nice and there were no levels, just upgrades for your health bar (13 hearts possible) and your sword (level 1-3). costs money now though..
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Ya I used to play graal too... it'd be nice with a real sort of society though, the menial jobs could go to npcs and then the cool stuff like theivery, if you wanted to be a fighter, fighting, and whatever else for the players? Not just OMG EVERYONE'S EXISTENCE IS GEARED TOWARDS DESTROYING THE SAME TYPES OF MONSTERS :-R
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

HAHA, this looks like tehn shit-crap o' teh shit-can! yay-yay! Time to get the great SAW-OF-JUSTICE +5 and make a preview!
Kashluk was the name of my orc Barbarian in ToEE
Really? Megatron was the name of my NWN-mod's arch-villain. Kewl!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think I had Kashluk as an orc barbarian in toee too. He was chit :(

So I tied him too the rail-road tracks and twiddled my moustache, ha ha!

Yea...when the 'forum villain' is me, the forum is A SOMBIE.
:chew:
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Hey, didnt say u were the big cahuna villain on the forum :) ... thats uhm .. any person who tries to go in and overpraise obvious crap, so the title is changed daily.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Our Host!