How’d You Spend Spring Break?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Nah, we got all those serial killers coming out of our very own town, namely DC Sniper and Ted Bundy. Besides, Washington is a hell of a lot better than some states, more good venues and all that jazz. And OMG KURT COBAIN!@ Seriously though some bands who could actually play good music came out of here too.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

NOE teh best si teh OC, BAYBAY! OC PWNS JOO. Regardless. I'm definately not a fan of the local scene as far as I know. Especially with bands from HERE, Tacoma, that pretend to be from Seattle when they go big because Seattle si teh pwn these days on the hipster-MTV music scene. Pseudo punk rawk kids and marylin Manson/slipknot freaks abound. Such a wonderful home.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Don't put Manson and Slipknot in the same bag.

Anyway.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

He wasn’t, Manson made some pretty good covers and is a well spoken person so he has my respect. What Jet was talking about was the kinds who like to walk around here in their slipknot/manson shirts. Complete idiots.

Jet, have you seen Instant Winner's coat thing? It says founded Seattle '99. Neil was living in the El Popo apartments then, and all the band members were from Kitsap or Tacoma.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Cloud saw it. I was referring to the moronic anarchist fans (I actually listened to one drone for half an hour about how anarchy is the perfect form of government because there are no rules and everyone is completely free. I was fully ready to vomit by the time he was done). I can't speak for Slipknot as all I hear is shit through a microphone, but Manson does some very worthy covers. I'm not so much af an of his original stuff though.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Cost Enginneering

Post by 4too »

Cost Engineering

Mad Max RW:
... Of course the radioactive steam is all theoretical. I think it's called "China Syndrome" and only a couple times we came close to seeing what happens. Some scientists think the molten shit will burn right to the center of the earth and end ...

If you were ever around physicists, and, or, former navy nuke sub refugees, in the early '70's, even before the movie CHINA SYNDROME,
you would have heard the buzz about this theoretical meltdown possibility.

Sometimes they'd talk about a tour to the local nuke generator construction and mention that there was no back up water source, AND then start joking about "The China Syndrome".

It's the same dark humor that sees trailer parks as tornado magnets, so ... the quickest way to find your local fault line is to look for your closest nuke generator. Cost engineering would allow for level 2.5 shocks. So your first earth quake above level 3 in 500 years knocks out the feed of your water coolant.

More likely, lack of 'prevent' maintenance would mean premature pipe failure, or a biological clog to sludge the flow to a trickle of algae and fungus ....

I imagine in the glory GLOWING age of nuke research there were enough accidents that these meltdown "theories" have more fact behind them then that Darwin one that's got all the creationists' backsliding from their strict interpretation nirvana into "God The Ol' Clockmaker" rationalization.

Over the decades the human factor in the f'up equation has passed from the accountants in drag, those cost engineers, to the 'reactive' nature of maintenance. Sort of "don't fix it if it ain't broke", and "closing the barn door after the horses are gone", it's more important to stay on budget than worry about a few de'minimus gaseous releases. The Davis Bessy plant on Lake Erie has more down time then "ON" time and forced it's "fire sale' to the Cleveland electric generator monopoly.

It's this "hands on" human factor that will decide when the next "de'minimus" release will occur.

And remember that at Three Mile Island the "fail safe" system worked, they just had to abandon half the plant.

That's hundreds of millions of dollars that will NEVER generate electric power.

And the pol's want hundreds of millions of dollars in prime pork barrel 'research' to build a NEW, A NEW, nuke plant that can generate HYDROGEN for the fuel cells we DON'T have yet ...

4too
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

you know too much you must be TERMINATED!
ahem.
Moo and out.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Perception Puzzle

Post by 4too »

Perception Puzzle

All fuzzy and hidden in plain sight,
From Left to Muddle and Middle to Right.

Propaganda of Rept'oids,
And linking the old factoids.
Through the Talking Head Robots,
Connecting the lone dots.

Containment, are bottles, bobbing rather than float.
Containment, a vessel, more raft than a boat.

Floating time's river of no return,
Entropy dwindles in a half life burn.

4too
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

i still stand by my point.
Moo and out.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

Art's Dark Heart

Hide the facts in Art's Dark Heart.
Hide the horror in Art's Dark Heart.

Blurr the edges and fade the light,
And live another day in fright.

The Masters dance out a grand drama in Greek.
The others, spear carriers, drive on the low meek.

Clausewitz'ian drama, a revolver half full.
The meek little artist awaits the last pull.

Spin round the old drama,
The next cartridge, the karma.

4too
[caleb]
SDF!
SDF!

Post by [caleb] »

ok you win.
sob
Moo and out.
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

That was the most bloody freaky mega-scary picture album i've ever seen.... Hey, I suddenly wanna go there....

Hell, that gives a lot of ideads for fan fiction and Fallout PNP adventures...
Though "Elena" doesnt do any great spelling, its fully readable and interesting...
PipBoy2k
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by PipBoy2k »

DAMN
She revised her site.. TODAY

I liked the old writing on the site. Shorter. Quaint. Touchingly poetic.

Some IDIOT told her to revise her English - it was fine before, beautiful. Now -

lolz oh wellz
Our Host!