fallout versus Baldur's gate

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

fallout versus Baldur's gate

Post by Bleusilences »

Wich are the best?

I said they are about the same. They are both good and fun games, baldur's gate have a little less role playing but more action and more story.
Last edited by Bleusilences on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

im going to say this right now. you cant compare those two games because baldurs gate sucks ass.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:im going to say this right now. you cant compare those two games because baldurs gate sucks ass.
This is the correct answer. Move along, nothing to see here.
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bleusilences »

Why you find it so bad?
Foldy
Regular
Regular

Post by Foldy »

Baldur's Gate never really grabbed me (no Bioware game really has as of yet).

The entire experience was centered around the sub-par combat, and it seemed like a few steps back from what Fallout had established. Maybe Baldur's Gate 2 took a more story-centered approach, but it still can't hold a candle to Fallout, even its sequel, if'n you ask me.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Shitty story
Shitty linearity
Shitty combat
Shitty characters
Shitty setting
Shitty gameplay
Shitty dialog
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bleusilences »

Well I like both games, I was just wondering about the general attitude toward BG. Because gamespy will pit fallout against BG
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

BG will win, BioWare has more cock-gobblers.
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by taltiren »

I don't understand why game companies have an obsession with making systems that are inherently turn-based into real time game systems. It makes it pretty crappy.

And BG was stiflingly linear, nothing can beat Fallout.
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bleusilences »

I like turn based game but personally, I don't really care if a game doesnt stick 100% to the D&DA whatever edition, because it's a videogame and you cnnot really make a dungeon master out of a computer, so i think baldur's gate is one of the best attempt to have a fun role playing experience, second to that is darksun.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

LlamaGod wrote:Shitty story
Shitty linearity
Shitty combat
Shitty characters
Shitty setting
Shitty gameplay
Shitty dialog
It's not a shitty story, it's just told in a really shitty way.

I recently installed BG II after somewhat of a BG hiatus and I was so bored I didn't even bother trying to get out of Irenicus' prison. The combat system bored me. Didn't have that small strategic factor of the Fallouts.

For some bizarre reason, long swords and studded leather armor didn't appeal to me. Hunting Rifles and Combat Leather Jackets own. The Game Rules for BG II also blows majorly. If I know how to slice and chop with a ninja-to, can't I do the same with a longsword?

BARDS AND SAVORVAK OWNZ!!!!111 THE MASTA IS TEH PUSSY COMPAR3D TO IRENICUS!!11 LOL!!
Bleusilences
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bleusilences »

FAllout 1 didnt have ANY strategy(or maybe i am playing too much Massive assault) but fallout 2 is a bit better and fallout tactic is the only fallout that have real strategy in combat. Fallout 1 startegy is more being well equip and use you ressources with a little of plain luck then anything else.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Bleusilences wrote:FAllout 1 didnt have ANY strategy
Next time you play FO I, give Ian a SMG or give Tycho a Combat Shotty and stand in their direct LOS. Then see what happens. Use of terrain, time and distance made a major difference in combat.

In BG, it's mass attack one guy and take mages out first. Sure, spells play a huge role but spells and a bunch of tips is all what BG combat is. The pause and go feature also kind of ruined it. The fact that you can be paused on Inventory in BG II is even worse.

With Action points, you have to think. Do I really need to whip out that Alien Blaster from my inventory? Maybe I should forget shooting and move closer?

There's also that thing where Tycho and Ian will block you in a corner. STRATIGEE!

OH! I REMEBEMBERED! TROLLZ H@VE T0 BE K1LLED WITH FIRE OR ACID!!1 DON'T ATTACK SKELETONZ WITH REGUE-LAR ARROWZ!!!11
Maximus
Regular
Regular

Post by Maximus »

Gamespy is not that good at creating match ups anywya... it put Tetris against Pong ffs.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Bleusilences wrote:FAllout 1 didnt have ANY strategy(or maybe i am playing too much Massive assault) but fallout 2 is a bit better and fallout tactic is the only fallout that have real strategy in combat. Fallout 1 startegy is more being well equip and use you ressources with a little of plain luck then anything else.
How can Fallout 2 have more strategy? Combat is identical. If Action Points don't offer to you the strategy that Pause-command-play-pause-command-play gives, I suggest you look up the meaning of strategy. And how the hell was Fallout Tactics strategy? Because it says Tactics in the title? The CTB style of play was retarded and the TB was ridiculous. That game was all about getting yourself a piece of power armor and running around with sneak on and a shotgun or machine gun set to burst.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: fallout versus Baldur's gate

Post by Strap »

Bleusilences wrote:baldur's gate [has] a little less role playing but more action and more story.
What?? If you think that story means the game plays like reading a book-- you don't know shit about good story. Try reading some of those "choose your own story" books, you will soon realize that the best story is created by your actions and influences on other people.

And the whole idea that more action is better is a really stupid remark when talking about an RPG, why play a shitty linear hack+slash "RPG" when you can play an actual RPG where you play a role and solve problems in a realistic manner.

BAH! what do you expect to hear when you compare an awsome game to a peice of sheit game on the forum for the awsome game where everyone hates the peice of sheit game.
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by taltiren »

Let's not even talk about BG 2, there wasnt anything there to entice me into playing any further than I did.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I bought BG2 (The first mistake) and played until I got out of the first dungeon. Then I stopped cause I realized this was all BS anyways and then proceeded to beat a prostitute with her own shoe.
Harriers for the cup.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

bg1 sucks major ass in all aspects
bg2 has at least some funny interaction between the NPCs, rest sucks as usual

but if you like power-gaming and that sort of stuff it's ok
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

I played Baldure's Gate II for half an hour and never touched it again. It's mundane and boring.
Our Host!