John Deiley spills the beans on FO3's story

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Slave Master wrote:I had an idea the other day. The game starts with you escaping prison after having been recently raped. You contract an STD, and unless you find the cure you die in x, where x equals the number of game years. I haven't decided yet. But the main quest is nearly impossible, since obviously whoever has a cure has it in some bunker somewhere. So there'll be a big game world and tons of side quests and whatnot.
What if the player is female?
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Franz_Schubert wrote:What if the player is female?
Well read your own sig. Women can get raped too.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Girls can get STDs. :O
Me wrote: I think a good plot idea would be that you're a crasy hermit in some hills when some day a boy comes to deliver some sekret message from his old overseer. It could be a riddle or something dumb. On whatever the player decided the riddle means, that's what your main quest is? Bizarro. Every time you come to a random point in the game, you get a new riddle? There'd be a few for the computer to choose from, mabye they could have a bit of fore-shadowing, mabye they could just be random junk. That way it'd be up to the player on what to do next, as well as the game different at least a few times. The game could end with a big fight, it could end with the player wondering what all the messages he's been getting means and what he should do when he stops getting them.
:chew:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Franz_Schubert wrote:What if the player is female?
So it takes place in a country/world/universe where women go to the same prisons as men.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

The start of fo3 sounds pretty Pirates of the Caribbeany though. If it's been 160 or so years since the prison was built, why not just kick down the wall? Mabye leave it up to the player to get out and use his HEAD. Mabye watch Fortress?

Later on you could have that shit happen, but you're not there instead? It sounds dumb that someone can assault a prison and they let a prisoner escape or something.
:chew:
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Megatron wrote:The start of fo3 sounds pretty Pirates of the Caribbeany though. If it's been 160 or so years since the prison was built, why not just kick down the wall? Mabye leave it up to the player to get out and use his HEAD. Mabye watch Fortress?

Later on you could have that shit happen, but you're not there instead? It sounds dumb that someone can assault a prison and they let a prisoner escape or something.
Well technically they didn't say an OLD federal prison...just a prison. BOS bunker type facility? Those walls are HARD to kick down....I kept trying and all I got is "You see a wall". So I gave up and walked away.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Um, why does anyone even care?
FO3 is dead. As a doornail. Deal with it.
Can we all just accept this and move on? Is that too much to ask.
Look, I wanted FO3 to be made as much as anyone. I loved Fallout, I did not dislike FO2 and I was able to tolerate FOT. SO, I was hoping that FO3 would be a return to the glory days. Well, that ain't gonna happen.
Somebody else is gonna have to take up the mantle of Post-Apocoliptic Old School RPG Game Developer, 'casue Black Isle is no more. Perhaps some of the Black Isle diaspora will take up the challange; that'd be great. But, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
I know, I know: You think I'm a blasphemer and that I should be told what-for and verbage you wouldn't say in front of your mother is riseing up from the back of your umdula ublumgada right now, the urge to type something involving expleritives is strong in you now. I've violated the tenents of your faith by dispereging your Holy Grail. Well, pardon me but *Ahem* Get over yourself, will you please? It's just a game. A game that didn't even get to see store shelves. A game you've never played. Let it go already.
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

*dreams of having his P-AOSRPGGD award upon his mantle*
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Sarge, we are having a discussion, if you came here to tell us to shut up, well go fuck yourself please. Hitler is dead and people still bitch his ass, why not FO3 as well.

We all know BIS is screwed and FO3 is canned.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Sarge wrote:I've violated the tenents of your faith by dispereging your Holy Grail. Well, pardon me but *Ahem* Get over yourself, will you please? It's just a game. A game that didn't even get to see store shelves. A game you've never played. Let it go already.
STOP THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SHWARTZ!

I don't see the harm in discussing possible plot ideas about prison or fo3, so shut up plz.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Sounds not bad. I'd play it, lollin.

Too PSTormenty, though, obviously... can't BIS come up with a half-original idea? But I like the idea of choosing an innocent / criminal background, pretty neato. I wonder what traits JE had in store. There were some other pretty good ideas there too (I like the locomotives) and the setting is fine.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Nobody wants OK games tho.
retroactivemind
SDF!
SDF!

Post by retroactivemind »

Sarge wrote:Um, why does anyone even care?
FO3 is dead. As a doornail. Deal with it.
Can we all just accept this and move on? Is that too much to ask.
Look, I wanted FO3 to be made as much as anyone. I loved Fallout, I did not dislike FO2 and I was able to tolerate FOT. SO, I was hoping that FO3 would be a return to the glory days. Well, that ain't gonna happen.
Somebody else is gonna have to take up the mantle of Post-Apocoliptic Old School RPG Game Developer, 'casue Black Isle is no more. Perhaps some of the Black Isle diaspora will take up the challange; that'd be great. But, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
I know, I know: You think I'm a blasphemer and that I should be told what-for and verbage you wouldn't say in front of your mother is riseing up from the back of your umdula ublumgada right now, the urge to type something involving expleritives is strong in you now. I've violated the tenents of your faith by dispereging your Holy Grail. Well, pardon me but *Ahem* Get over yourself, will you please? It's just a game. A game that didn't even get to see store shelves. A game you've never played. Let it go already.
We care because we love!

Also:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Even better!

Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

O-M-G. It amazes me how people can nag, even now, again.
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by taltiren »

I think it sounds pretty good except for the robots hunting me down.

And I thought FO2 had a pretty shitty beginning too. The game would progress fast I'm sure.
N
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Bewbs?

Post by N »

But the real question to ask, the real point to consider is: how many pairs of big jubbly tits did the game have? Otherwise, what difference does it make?
Cucuracha
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cucuracha »

Ooe wrote:Im going to be flamed for this, but THAT sounds like a game I wanna play... :(
Right on!
Except instead of fleeing the bordello, your actually the Post-Apoc Pimp and you have to scour the wastes looking for the android ho's that stole yo' money! New Perks include "Da' PimpSlap" and "BitchSmack"

Long live the cliched CRPG brothel!! :roll:
Last edited by Cucuracha on Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Silver wrote:O-M-G. It amazes me how people can nag, even now, again.
Agreed. wtf?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kharn wrote:
Silver wrote:O-M-G. It amazes me how people can nag, even now, again.
Agreed. wtf?
I'm thinkin' that some people are just trying to talk themselves into not being disappointed by the events of the past couple of months.

It's the only way I can explain some of the rather infantile bickering going on.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!