Fallout Enforcer isn't WorthPlaying

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Preview]</strong>

<a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/">WorthPlaying</a> has posted a <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php ... ">negative preview</a>, which is pretty amazing because such things just aren't done these days, of <b>Fallout Enforcer</b>. Basically, it says the gameplay sucks, the sound sucks, the graphics aren't on par with most console games, and so on. Here's the end of it, because this brings it all home:
<br>
<br><blockquote>To sum it up in so many words, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel feels like one of those games where the developer wanted to "try something different, while keeping it in the same franchise", aka a potentially good idea marred by gameplay that is both flawed to various degrees and alien to the very fans it is targeted towards. The sad part comes when you realize that Black Isle Studios, the masterminds behind the Fallout universe, have been cruelly removed from their trade and craft and that Fallout: BoS is likely to be the last game in the series, and the first to break its mold of top-notch quality. Gamers, friends, and fans of Fallout, light a candle in your window and pray to whatever deity you may that this isn't the end. Fallout: BoS isn't shaping up to be too bad of a game, and there have certainly been worse, but unless some serious buffing and polishing is completed in short order it isn't likely to please not only Fallout fans, but very many people in general.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>So, basically, they say what we've been saying since the announcement. It's crap.
<br>
<br>Spotted this at <a href="Http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a>.
Cath0de
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cath0de »

lollerskates.
~The only thing infinite is our capacity for self-deception.~
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Oooh burrrrrn :badgrin:
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

I'm shocked and appalled. :D
Shocked, I say. 8)
:p
How much do you want to bet that GameSpy/IGN will: (1) Either give FOBoS a passingly good reveiw, or will (2) refuse to reveiw it at all... becasue Inteplay can't pay them enough to review this peice of crap.

I'm betting on option two.
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

The first three games weren't really like any other; you could play them both as a turn based game or a conventional action game
The reviewer seems to have concentrated on FOT in his comparison & has a few misleading gameplay comments on the series. Ah well, nice to see a semi realistic preview.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

FOBOS = Crap game.
Preveiws of FOBOS = waste of bandwidth.

Who the hell is gonna buy this game? I'll be surprised if even EB Games stocks it. It's quickly becomeing the most panned games since Daikatana (Remeber that one? Man oh man did that game ever suck!)
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Eyh, Daikatata=teh win
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

heheh as much as i love to see this it looks like the previewer is taking out his frustration at having seen fo3/bis shit canned. His heart's in the right place though, kudos!
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Thats nice to know.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

...and alien to the very fans it is targeted towards.
Hell yes, I don't know if anyone can honestly say this game could be good, and thus I am glad that a review is negative for once.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Daikatana = Evil
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Insane-Lark wrote:
The first three games weren't really like any other; you could play them both as a turn based game or a conventional action game
The reviewer seems to have concentrated on FOT in his comparison & has a few misleading gameplay comments on the series. Ah well, nice to see a semi realistic preview.
Yip. He mentioned on NMA that FOT is the last Fallout game he played, and hence he got a lot of things messed up in his head. Fair enough, though he should've done his research a bit better.

That said, he also mentioned he kinda wanted to make the preview even more derogatory to Piece of Shit, bu didn't. Man, it would've been fun if the preview was a pure flame-fest, but shamefully, no major game reviewer would dare to do that
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kharn wrote: no major game reviewer would dare to do that
That's every industry's problem.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Hey, Penny Arcade will lampoon a game wheather or not they think it sucks. If they wanna poke fun at it... they do. And if that poking-fun-at happens to hurt the sales of a game... so be it.
But then PA isn't so much a review site as it is a extra-nutty nutbar site. But in a good way. :D
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Sarge wrote:Hey, Penny Arcade will lampoon a game wheather or not they think it sucks. If they wanna poke fun at it... they do. And if that poking-fun-at happens to hurt the sales of a game... so be it.
But then PA isn't so much a review site as it is a extra-nutty nutbar site. But in a good way. :D
PA is just an overgrown comic site. They're also taken way too seriously for just two drunk guys, but then again, they do know games, and people listen to them, strangely enough

I always enjoy the annual "We're right" awards, but apart from that...I never read PA's main page
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

People listen to them becasue they're not taking themselves or the game industry too seriously. It's all about attitude.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Penny Arcade are good entertainers .
Well not very good but the entertaiment they provide is free.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Ctrl-Alt-Del is better.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Gaming webcomics are garbage. Ooh, nerd humor! It's not even funny pseudo-Far Side nerd puns, it's just a bunch of people complaining about stuff and using expressions like "out on a limb" and "I rape children".
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Go drown yourself.
Our Host!