Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel Release Date

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel Release Date

Post by Menno »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

<html><body><blockquote><em><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Highly Anticipated Console Game to Hit Shelves on January 13th</B><!-- BBCode End --></em></blockquote><P>[Their words, not mine]</P><blockquote><em>IRVINE, CA - (December 18, 2003) - Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: IPLY) and Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) announced today that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel will ship to retail on January 13, 2004. The action-adventure game will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.
<br>
<br>In this gritty 3rd person game, players are transported back into the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the highly acclaimed and successful Fallout PC franchise. Up to two players can utilize a combination of intense combat strategies integrating melee, ranged weapons and explosives to assume membership in the Brotherhood of Steel - a group of warriors determined to bring their own sense of order to a post apocalyptic nuked-out wasteland. Challenged by hordes of ghouls, mutants and other radioactive nightmares, players must fulfill the daunting task of defeating the mutant army in hopes of restoring humanity in a nearly unlivable universe. Welcome to the wasteland!
<br>
<br>Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel will be available at retail on January 13, 2004 with a suggested retail price of $49.95 and an ESRB "Mature" rating. For more information on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel visit the website at www.interplay.com/fbos.</em></blockquote><P>Umm, nice date they picked out, the 13th. Could you pick any unluckier number? I think this is an omen for things to come.</P></body></html>
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Does this board has a PUKE smilie ?

wait

Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

$49.95?

I wouldn't pay a dollar for this... I truely hope that this fails in a way that will stop the release of FOBOS2 and resurect F3... but I don't think that will ever happen.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

I wouldn't want it if they gave me 49,95. Well maybe but i'd buy gasoline for 49,95 and have myself some fireworks.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Tuesday, January 13, 2004: The day that Interplay kills the Fallout francise.Image
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Press Release wrote:Up to two players can utilize a combination of intense combat strategies integrating melee, ranged weapons and explosives...
Woah, that's intense. I mean, woah, stand the fuck back man, three different intense combat strategies! That's unheard of. Hell of an advertising pitch they got there. And it gets better!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Re: Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel Release Date

Post by Franz Schubert »

Intershit wrote:Highly Anticipated
Shameless.
HanoverF
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HanoverF »

I'm Highly Anticipating it, and the final death of Interplay shortly after when it fails to sell.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Up to two players can utilize a combination of intense combat strategies integrating melee, ranged weapons and explosives...
What's sad is that the game 'Jackal' for NES did all this already, and it was made more than a decade ago. The more things change, the more things stay the same.
Syreen
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Syreen »

You missed something

They missed the Christmass buying period by a good month. Owned.

And I'm sure chuckie anticipates it
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Is that just the American release date? I'm presuming that like here in the UK, the US have the January Sales? So while FOBOS sits on the shelf at full price, all the slightly older games will be marked down for the sales. Who buys a brand new game, at full price, at that time of year when they can get two - three older games for the same amount of money?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

It's a console game. By default it'll sell a MINIMUM 100,000 copies world-wide, unless it really, really sucks. Personally, I don't think the gameplay in FO:BOS is going to be that absolutely God awful. I can guarantee that a greater focus on sex will push young consumers away (12 year olds find it very embarrasing to buy pr0n in front of people at a game store and Mummy and Daddy generally aren't going to be too happy if little Timmy wants it for Christmas) and it doesn't attract older consumers (the ones who get to have real sex). That said, if enough people say "Oh boy, the Ganmeplay sure is fun", then enough people will buy it to warrant a sequel (although the Gameplay in BMX XXX was apparently quite fun too).

I don't think itll bring Interplay back from the dead, but it may give them enough air for their last gasp (FO:BOS 2). The simple fact that they've gotten into such a hole in the first place shows the existing management can't run the company in an effective manner. Certainly not well enough for them to last too much longer.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Herve Caen and Interplay...two reasons why the French and Americans should never again work together.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Well the bigger this will ricochet back into Iply's face, the cheaper the license is gonna be, and Iply can't play hard to get with whoring the license some more, cause its a proven company buster haha.

... And let's see them lynched by their 'beloved and we do everything for them' shareholders after hihi (little horny schoolgirl laugh).
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

i got some from gamespy:

Fallout: BoS Dated - Prophet
Interplay Entertainment and Vivendi Universal Games revealed today that Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, the post apocalyptic action adventure game for consoles, will ship to retail on January 13th, 2004. The action-adventure game will be available for the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox. The game will carry a suggested retail price of $49.95 and an ESRB "Mature" rating. Fans waiting for a Fallout product can at least take heart in knowing that something is on the way, though for current generation consoles only.

yeah we will take it at heart, but not the way you guys think.....
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Artemis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Artemis »

It is official...........Hell has frozen over and all Fallout fans are damned to be stuck with FOBOS. Arent we lucky.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Great. Wow. Its official. Does this mean we can just stop talking about it now? The very concept makes me nauseous anymore.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hurray, Menno got his pirate avatar back!
At last, some reason to rejoice!!
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

I wouldn't even warez this piece of crap.
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Hoof. A. Kink. Cares.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Our Host!