What a surprise

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Slave_Master wrote:Somebody make a fucking Wild West RPG already. Preferably Troika, but they'll be pumping out DnD hackfests for Atari for the next five years. I'm willing to wait.
Bullshit. After the ToEE nastiness, I'm sure both Atari and Troika are extremely reluctant to work with each other again. The odds of another D&D game from Troika and Atari are low at best.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Spazmo wrote:
Slave_Master wrote:Somebody make a fucking Wild West RPG already. Preferably Troika, but they'll be pumping out DnD hackfests for Atari for the next five years. I'm willing to wait.
Bullshit. After the ToEE nastiness, I'm sure both Atari and Troika are extremely reluctant to work with each other again. The odds of another D&D game from Troika and Atari are low at best.
Last time I checked, Troika was going to be making another DnD game about giants or some shit, but not necessarily with Atari. I guess I need to check more often, eh?

Of course, Boyarsky's team could be doing something a bit more useful than "DEUS EX WITH VAMPIRES", like, shit, abstract art, or buying food for the homeless. Edit: Or just working on RPG's.
fuck
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

/me slaps Slave

You'll make me cry.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

s4ur0n27 wrote:/me slaps Slave

You'll make me cry.
"We want Fallout 3, no matter how shitty it is!"

Doesn't that sound like a certain group of fanboys' constant bitching for Baldur's Gate 3? And here I thought my previous comparison was stretching it a bit. Thanks for showing me that it wasn't.
fuck
pnutz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pnutz »

Slave_Master wrote:Of course, Boyarsky's team could be doing something a bit more useful than "DEUS EX WITH VAMPIRES", like, shit, abstract art, or buying food for the homeless. Edit: Or just working on RPG's.
Bloodlines looks pretty damn nice. It's actually open-ended, unlike Deus Ex which was mission-based-and-trying-to-look-like-its-not. I think it might be original and interesting, unlike doing the SAME OLD DAMN THING (i.e., isometric RPGs in yet another setting) but that's just me.

And they only talked about the idea of doing the sequel to TOEE, but have since leaked some concept art and Source Engine models of a post-apololypticish looking RPG, as you've probably seen.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Bloodlines looks pretty damn nice. It's actually open-ended, unlike Deus Ex which was mission-based-and-trying-to-look-like-its-not. I think it might be original and interesting, unlike doing the SAME OLD DAMN THING (i.e., isometric RPGs in yet another setting) but that's just me.
I've seen more than enough shitty goth nightclub vampires in my woefully short life already. If it's good, I might check it out, though.
fuck
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Slave is right, dudes. The joke's fucking dead already - Fallout has come, and it needs to go. Fallout 3 *could* be well done, but the chances of that happening - especially with marketing demands - are low. It's better to start anew than to cross your fingers and hope for an already pretty-dead franchise to miraculously regain its life and charm.
Slave_Master wrote:Wild West RPG already...
Heil yeah! o///////

Or a cyberpunk. Or anything... How about some *traditional* RPG styles rather than this new age shit which has been blown all outta proportion?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What do you mean by traditionnal? 2D pixelated crap with no voice acting?

Slave, what I meant is, if there was a possibility of having a *good* FO3, I'd be happy. Of course, if it was going to be crap I would ditch it.

And if any upcoming game has a story and world as rich and as addictive and interesting as FO, well then bring it, but I still don't see any.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

I wanna see:

"Kill Interplay: The video game"
Hack & Slash your way through 2 whole levels of prime office real-estate as you kill off the former staff Interplay. Choose from a varity of weapons, incuding: The Dreaded Pink Slip. Well actualy, you'll just fire the whole lot of them at once, but we wanted to make it sound cool, so we threw in some chainsaws, big guns, bigger guns, and stuff like that. None of them work 'casue we threw this game together overnight as we drank away the last of the petty cash.
Cheese not included. You must supply your own cheese.
Coming Soon To A Store Nowhere Near You!
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

sauron27 wrote:2D pixelated crap with no voice acting?
Are you calling Wasteland pixelated crap? Imagine wasteland, only bigger, with great graphics, and uber voice acting. How amazing would that be? Now if only people could manage to crank stuff like that out on a regular basis...
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

atoga wrote:Are you calling Wasteland pixelated crap? Imagine wasteland, only bigger, with great graphics, and uber voice acting. How amazing would that be? Now if only people could manage to crank stuff like that out on a regular basis...
That'd be grand, but if a game with same graphics as Wasteland NOW, well that'd be crap.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Well I hate to burst the bubble, but that ain't gonna happen. Do you have a point? If not, stop arguing trivial stuff like this. I'm talking about the quality of the game, not the graphics.
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

I think the setting/ franchise would have been good for a third part and I very much looked forward to FO 3. Oh well. As they say araound here: tüchtig in den Arsch gefickt...Slavemaster is suffering from a bad case of the sour grapes...someone cuddle him real tight.
boysatan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by boysatan »

Hi eveyone I am new to the boards here. I was following the info for what happpened to FO3 and BI. I found something interesting about it at Sean reynolds forum board

from his site:

Hmmm, this person's info isn't totally accurate. Yes, there were some layoffs. I was not one of them, nor are several other people in the list. They may be drawing this from the group of people who went to lunch together yesterday, which included those who have been laid off and those who haven't.

Anyway, nothing new to say. I don't know why the company is doing this or what their plans are. I'm hoping to find out today.

another post of his:
Funny, I don't recall _either_ announcement from Interplay, and I just got out of a meeting with management. You can't always trust these "scoops" you get from news sites, even GameSpy

Thanks for your concern, though. From what I can tell, most of those who were laid have already found some leads in other companies

his website: http://pub17.ezboard.com/bseankreynoldsboards.html?

I belive sean is/was the Lead Designer (FO3),
several place on his forum he says the the info is wrong
his website: http://pub17.ezboard.com/bseankreynoldsboards.html?
lagerea
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lagerea »

I have concerns as to the potential relase of FO3 if it were to be left in the hands of bis team pre-hosed or post. It seems to me that the development on such "fan boy" games is always cursed to failure.

Now don't get me wrong I love the fallout universe as a whole but once BIS moved away from it after fallout 2 any chance of it coming back as we know it was out the door.

In order for fallout 3 to become a reality with the remaining BIS it would need to be a different game, not the fallout we want it to be. This will of course ruin any chance that the fan boys accept it like the undertones of FOT. Fallout 3 will only work if we are not expecting fallout 3.

I highly encourage BIS as it is now to continue production on FO3 as it's own project not a project requested by fans.
Our Host!