Fallout 3 demo'd to Inertplay?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Sarge wrote:Nice play on words there, Dan_Wood. "I n e r t p l a y"
I think that is one that could stick easily and be spread around. I hadn't noticed the joke until you pointed it out and it had my sides splitting. Good one, Dan. :lol:
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

This is the part where Dan smiles and thinks "Heh. Not fixing that typo was a good thing..."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Actually Doyle, I believe Ex posted about the after effects on the BIS boards.. Let's just say "getting the sack" would be amongs those effects..
Webmaster@NMA
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

you know I feel bad for your "sources" but they need to realize they're on a sinking ship. Bottom line is the cat was already out of the bag, techwiz has been monitoring all the out goings for quite a while now. This isn't anything new, I wouldn't be surprise if he even had a filter system up. Everyone at BIS/IPLY should be looking for other job opportunities at this point.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Killzig wrote:you know I feel bad for your "sources" but they need to realize they're on a sinking ship. Bottom line is the cat was already out of the bag, techwiz has been monitoring all the out goings for quite a while now. This isn't anything new, I wouldn't be surprise if he even had a filter system up. Everyone at BIS/IPLY should be looking for other job opportunities at this point.
Yeah, and i never knew anything really new coming from them, they kept saying Interplay was reassuring them that the deal was on, when we knew things weren`t looking good.

The problem was, apparently, the FOBOS2 mention on Saints newspost and Odins reply, they thought someone had spilled the beans about that recently, when we were talking about it even before the devs from bis started talkng with me. We were talking about it for months now, but Iplay inquisition was distracted, so it seems, and innocents could pay for something they didn`t do.

That beeing said i`ve noticed i failled to explain that part to Rex, i thought i did and he was just beeing stuborn. My bad.

Still please don`t ever again put words in my mouth, it`s distastefull.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

At least Killzig didn't put something else in your mouth that's distasteful.
------------------
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:At least Killzig didn't put something else in your mouth that's distasteful.
I was talking about Dan_Wood, though Killzig tried that a lot of times , but i`m straight, sorry Killy :D
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

That is if your not a fan of man turkey. Though being a sailor im sure he enjoys it ;)
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Im half to the point of seriously hoping Interplay tanks. Let them sell off liscences to pay off their employees and then close the doors. At least then theres the chance of Troika buying Fallout and doing it justice.
Negadas
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Negadas »

Zetura Dracos wrote:Im half to the point of seriously hoping Interplay tanks. Let them sell off liscences to pay off their employees and then close the doors. At least then theres the chance of Troika buying Fallout and doing it justice.
Thats the only way that there could possibly be a good Fallout 3, if Troika bought the game and Interplay just shut down.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
First of all, we haven't actualy had confirmation that this Tech Demo exists, much less that it's been dem'd to Inertplay Suits.
I mean... has anyone seen a screenshot of this tech demo? Or seen somone claim that the've seen a screenshot of the tech demo?
No?
The fact that this Tech Demo was reported the way it was only makes me consider that this Tech Demo might actualy exist. It doesn't make me believe it exists. It would be nice if it were true; I'd like to see FO3 get made, sure. I won't be holding my breath, though.
Quite franky, Interplay had better have something spectacular up their sleve if they want to win back their core (RPG) gamer & fan base; and they'd beter do it real soon. It's not like they're the only game in town, y'know.
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Sounds like I load of brahmin crap, but oh, well.... At least we should get a demo and not be hanged and left to dry like they did for FO2, providing no demo....
Piotr
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Piotr »

:?

Today I read this short message in the new Power Unlimited (big Dutch games mag, in the short news section, called 'powerspy'):

"Acclaim heeft de rechten van de befaamde RTS-serie Fallout gekocht. Dit zou kunnen betekenen, dat er een deel 3 van de serie komt."

literally:

"Acclaim purchased the rights to the well-known RTS-series Fallout. This could mean, a third part in the series is underway."

I don't know why they call it RTS, and that also shows the section is not 100% reliable... But it could be why JE left: he now works for Acclaim :)

oh, edit: tried av, to find more background, but nothing. Could also be the reason for the demo: to show what they have, and drive up the price for the license.
"Luck belongs to them, who are content with themselves" Aristoteles
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
"The best way to learn is to teach" Seneca
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

I don't know whether or not what you said is true (but with JE joining Acclaim I guess it does raise a few eyebrows), and I honestly thought I'd never say this, but now it's even in worse hands than it was at Interplay. Acclaim is just as bad of a publisher as Interplay is.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

that`s an old story, don`t believe evrything you read, and Sawyer didn`t went to acclaim.

Edit: Just to a deloper distributed by acclaim, but not to make anything remotely conected with fallout.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

He's not the only one to ask that today...

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2951
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Here is when the rumours started http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2494

What changed since then was the fact that Vivendi got the distribution rights, and Akklaim got out of the picture altogether.
Our Host!