Fallout 3 demo'd to Inertplay?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Dan_Wood
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout 3 demo'd to Inertplay?

Post by Dan_Wood »

<strong>[ -> Update]</strong>

Rumors (confirmed or otherwise) state that Inertplay has been blessed with a tech demo of Fallout 3 (Source: <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2822" TARGET="_blank">NMA</A><!-- BBCode End --> (article taken down by rabid wolves)).
<br>
<br>Currently, Inertplay and BIS are not returning phonecalls and apparently the fear of God has been put into NMA; the news blackout from BIS still hangs as their mail and phone conversations are still monitored.
<br>
<br>In other news, JESawyer has been rumored to be enjoying his time off by puttering around his garden and taking up needlepoint. Much better than wrassling on the IPLY boards and fielding questions from angry Fallout fans.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Interesting and possibly good news. Any chance of getting a copy of the article posted?

And so it begins.
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

That's the spirit. I just wish people weren't so chickenshit about it
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
Dan_Wood
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

By the way...

Post by Dan_Wood »

Isn't this how DAC got shitcanned from Gamespy?

I vaugely remember that...
Dan Wood

Nothing like a slow-moving localized apocalypse to really make you think about proper data backup procedures.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

The original post at NMA didn't say much. It was a sentence basically saying Black Isle had to prove to Interplay through a short demo that Van Buren is worth investing money and workers in. The odds were against VB.

I didn't bother mentioning this on the front page until after somekind of official word from Black Isle. But I don't expect us to hear from them in a long time.
Last edited by Mad Max RW on Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

No, that was over Lionheart, AKA Fallout Fantasy (AKA FOBOS, say some, and there's a touch of truth to it, really). So, hey, if LH got DAC off of GameSpy, it did at least one good thing.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Nice play on words there, Dan_Wood. "I n e r t p l a y"
They get closer to being an "object at rest" everyday.

Sometime I wish Inertplay would just roll over and die already.
But then, something like this Tech Demo comes along and I'm ready to pray that they live long enough to make a good release of FO3.
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

Sarge, the tech demo is to determine the fate of FO3. If the execs decide it's not worth spending money on, the project is canned.
Administrator

www.co8.org
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

They should just put it out of it's misery and be done with all this shit.
Negadas
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Negadas »

Lunchmeat wrote:They should just put it out of it's misery and be done with all this shit.
Its sad to say, but i have to agree :cry:
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Here's the news post from RPG Codex on it, sans the links:
  • Fallout 3 undergoes in-house review ( Development info )
    posted by Saint_Proverbius on Wed 12 November 2003, 18:06:42

Since Briosafreak posted about it over at No Mutants Allowed, I figured.. What the hell? I might as well do the same.

Today is a special day, boys and girls. Today's the day Interplay will decide if Van Buren(aka Fallout 3) will go on to further development or get canned like TORN and Jefferson.

And hey, why not can it, Interplay? I mean, think of all those developers being used to make an actual CRPG that could be used to crank out really shitty console games, thus sinking your company's name and all your licenses in a quagmire of your own filth in hopes to squeeze every last cent out of the dying company! You know, that dying company that was once worth $200 million and is now barely worth $10 million? Yeah, that's the one!

I love hump day.
------------------
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Hey Dan_Wood thanks for putting words in my mouth without speaking to me first. Yeah, good show.

Hey Rex you win, you`ve found a way of leading Saint into putting the news back again. You are really swell and handsome.

But like i said on the Codex kids need to play right?
Seve9
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Seve9 »

Come on guys. He campaigned with valid points and got what amounts to a compromise. Besides I've only now seen the actual post and I believe that it's very news worthy.

EDIT: Oh yea, if you want the scoop on Fallout Fantasy you should ask Macgyver... I mean Killzig.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Quit your bitching.
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

I believe Ex knows the reason why we removed the news bit, I don't like removing news but it was Briosafreaks call and I support him on that..
Balls or not, we're talking about quite serious after effects here..
Webmaster@NMA
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Odin wrote:Balls or not, we're talking about quite serious after effects here..
Good grief. What's with all the 'hint-hint' going on lately?

JE quits, we don't know why and several people, both developers and those inside the community, make cryptic remarks but won't come clean. He might let us know in a few days, but someone over at NMA claims he says he can't ever talk about it. We see a conspiracy theory about the timing of FO:POS, tasty Van Buren hints, and JE's departure. We hear rumblings of a sequal to POS already in development, before the first even has a chance to tank. Now this news disappears from NMA, and we see cryptic remarks about "serious after effects". Exitium might know, but he isn't saying. Of course, since he seems to suppport the idea of reporting the news, it may be that there are actually rival groups within the Fallout community working against each other -- shades of the whole thing with that "Elara" double-agent. Right now I'm still trying to figue out how the Cigarette Smoking Man fits in.
Literacy is overated.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

What rival groups? I´m just pissed with Rex poor judjement and Dan_Wood puttiong words on my mouth, but on the long run we`re on the same boat.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

It's just a joke. The point I was making is that the whole situation is starting to seem kind of ludicrous.
Literacy is overated.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Doyle wrote:It's just a joke. The point I was making is that the whole situation is starting to seem kind of ludicrous.
True.
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

The "poor" verdict is simply your take on my sense of judgement, which isn't impaired.

You have a right to your opinion though.
Last edited by Sol Invictus on Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator

www.co8.org
Our Host!