Camo Pipboy & New Fonts?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Camo Pipboy & New Fonts?

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Not the character but the interface. I've done a camouflage... wash, I suppose you could call it, for the interface for FOT anyone interested?

Also I'd love to change the fonts to Serifa Th BT, I can swap them with the fonts from the demo or enlarge them but I can't create new ones :( . The fonts must have an alpha channel or something as when I try and make new font files they don't show up. Unfortunately Corel won't allow a png to be saved with an alpha channel, has anyone with photoshop tried creating new font files?
Last edited by requiem_for_a_starfury on Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Yeah, email the interface to me. I'm a bit behind on posting things but I'll get around to it.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

It's a 5meg file zipped, do you have an upgraded hotmail account or other email account? Otherwise I'll send it to Brioasfreak at NMA.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

You can also try to break it in smaller portions using Winzip(and the disk spawn or something function). Even splitter could help if you guys have it(I don't but I've heard it's very handy).

Cheers,

Flamescreen
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Well I've already split it between 6 zip files as I've got to send it out over a dial up, but I'm going to try and send it to NMA as it will probably have a wider appeal than to just us mod and mappers.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

You can try sending it to JJ86@nma-fallout.com. I have been having some problems accessing the account though.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

It's okay Briosafreak's got them, so they should be up soon.

Thanks anyway.
Sirgalahadwizard
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sirgalahadwizard »

Heh, i'm trying to make up new fonts too (well, named the same as the old ones, but different gfx).

I'm using GIMP... and it appears that the .png *looks* like it's just alpha. But I noticed that inbetween each character is a completly blank line. On further investigation, strangely enough, that blank line is actually hot-pink colored (r:255, g:0, b:255).

So it's all weirded out. I looked at the file with Paint Shop Pro v5 (the one i've been using forever) and it shows the pink lines but nothing inside (it has problems with alpha channels apparently).

Im guessing these are .png files with multiple layers, even though it doesn't show up as such. And that the lowest layer (that of the text) contains an alpha channel.

weird... very weird.
and it pisses me off 'cause i'm tired of the fallout computer-terminal font :(
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I don't think the colour of the lines is important, just the spacing and number. I've inverted the colours etc and still got the fonts to work, it's replacing them entirely that I'm having problems with. Grr other games use pngs to generate fonts but they all have them in several rows rather than a long strip so I can't just swap them. :(
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I looked at the fonts last night and it appears that the alpha channel defines the actual letters. I think you could eaasily cut and paste new letters into them. In photoshop you can convert letters into graphics. That seems like it would be the easy way to do it.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I've just been going through my old magazine cover disks to see if there was anything worth keeping and found a preview copy of photoshop 6 so I'll give that a go. Can't make sprites though, I can make the raw files now, but not the act files, when I save as .act instead of .pal and import it into spray it all goes greyscale. :(

Edit

Just found this old post by Viruz Does anyone know if he ever released any of the new fonts? (assuming that Viruz was successful) Otherwise is there anyone with a proper copy of photoshop willing to give this a go? If so can you make the small fonts as Serifa Th BT or Serifa BT and the large font as a military stencil i.e. USAAF Stencil or the Dirty Dozen font please. I'm not having any luck with the evaluation copy of photoshop 6. :(
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I made this font last night from the X-files font. Not exactly perfect, there are some characters that show up where they shouldn't.

http://jj86.nma-fallout.com/misc/fnt_Medium_copy.png
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Not exactly perfect, there are some characters that show up where they shouldn't.
More like the text comes out completely jumbled up. :) Otherwise it would of looked quite nice.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:
Jimmyjay86 wrote:Not exactly perfect, there are some characters that show up where they shouldn't.
More like the text comes out completely jumbled up. :) Otherwise it would of looked quite nice.
Jumbled? Hmm, then it isn't the right font that I uploaded. The first one I did, the characters were two off but I fixed that. I must have uploaded the previous unfixed version. Sorry!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I was just about to say they're out by two.
Our Host!